Has anyone found 'Blueberry' from seed?

SoCal Seed Vault has Pre-2013 DJ Short’s Blueberry reg. seeds (by Alter Ego) for $35 US + 6 shipping.
Alter Ego also does f2’s of other 90’s classics like Northern Lights, Sour Diesel, Blue Cheese & White Rhino.
I got a pack of the BB but haven’t grown it yet. And they chose Columbian OG as my free pack. Excited i am!

6 Likes

@BarefootAndBlazed I’ve got the AKBB Blueberry Cream in the seed fridge… :slight_smile: And will be getting a breeders pack soon as well.

@BudWhisperer I’ve got two packs of these coming via @CARE_giver

The Blueberry collection is getting bigger and bigger…

Alaskagrown

7 Likes

@leetdood
If you are referring to seedings comeing up.with “helmet head”
Just spray with water.or hydrogen peroxide then let them set for a few minutes and use an xaxto knife or tweezers to pull the helmet off. You may have to cut the edge.of your jiffy cup down to the soil level and gently hold the stem with your other hand but If you are careful and keep it moist they will eventually loosen up enough to come off

1 Like

The opposite.

The seed stuck to the root? I’m not understanding

1 Like

Heres the JT blueberry from seed at 6 week 12/12.

this is a short plant at 14” tall.

12 Likes

Yes lol the root was trapped in the shell

My one blueberry, well it’s gotten into shape and it’s a monster. Takes up n and has wet feet. Loves it. Not sure what the smell is, maybe blueberry vanilla cake? Hard to tell

4 Likes

Here’s a Blueberry IBL from @HeadyMcDank,looking great week five of flower, wonderful blueberry terps already, nice structure in a 2 gallon square pot (my preference for pheno hunting and small scale indoor)

21 Likes

Lookin good! She looks alot like her mother… i think you may get some nice color off her too!..

4 Likes

Since we are sharing pics here is mine before flip

8 Likes

100% germ rate for my JOTI Pure Blueberry (Blueberry Muffin Edition). 5 out of 5 sprouted but I lost one a few days later. The remaining four are looking happy and healthy. I’m looking forward to seeing what they have to offer.

8 Likes

Any of you good folks know how Bodhi’s Dream Lotus (Blue Dream x Snow Lotus) turns out? Effects esp. i was wondering about. Thank you very much.

3 Likes

I’m still saying you’ll find bb in riots gear… that bonnet male is accurate…regardless of if you like him personally…most of his crosses to that male comes bb dominant. It’s why he basically just uses that. Lol

20 Likes

I just grew 3 Dutch Passion auto Blueberries, and one has a strong blueberry muffin smell, one has a slight blueberry smell, and one has none.
So if you’re looking for a mother to clone, their photoperiod blueberry should make one if you grow out a few if my luck is typical.

6 Likes

No but I’m running two blueberry muffin clones from a local nursery Humbolt seed co

two middle pots

10 Likes

I have f2’s of those my friends. Dutch Passion Blueberry.

4 Likes

I’d venture to guess anything with snow lotus in the mix should be very good.
Here’s a couple of blue berry autos in a octo pot there just getting going with all this rain we’ve been getting surprised they didn’t get drowned out.

6 Likes

Thank you for your thoughts on the Snow Lotus male. I like that it reportedly “lets the female traits shine through” in the cross. More so than other males Bodhi has used, imho.

3 Likes

They look very happy outside there!

The Humboldt Blueberry Muffin clone i grew organically in the sun, i loved it during flower. It totally had the baked muffin smell and after day 21F, the large bulbous calyx’s turned to a lovely purple without needing cold temps.

After 1 month cure the buds looked dark purple almost black BUT the blueberry muffin smell had turned more skunky and much less “blueberry”. I was bummed about that. Maybe my fault but my other strains got sweeter with cure.
The high was mild, pleasant and clear, not stony.

It’s possible the BB Muffin buds needs to cure longer to get back the truly awesome smell?

EDIT. i think the blueberry terps are very fragile so it’s possible i may have dried the buds too quickly?
And Vaping at low temp or smoking in a pipe and NOT a joint would be best. Joints get hot, terps burn to soon.

6 Likes

I’m working a seed lot of fraser valley blueberry hashplant x dr atomic blueberry northern lights.
Cloning the three moms that made the cut today before I flip them to make seed and the true sweet ripe blueberry smells coming off the foilage is unmistakeable. Hopefully my male selection is good and the seeds express the blueberry as a dominant trait. I’m kinda excited about it hehehe

11 Likes