Has anyone here defeated powdery mildew?

I haven’t verified it, but the Lost Coast Plant Therapy claims to kill PM and can be sprayed up to the day of harvest. I’ve used it for bugs but’s thats all so far. It has Thyme oil and other stuff. Smells good, organic, won’t harm buds. Not cheap, but if you need a spray during harvest, a lot of top breeders say they use it. I’m sure I’ll get a chance to try it on PM eventually.

2 Likes

Not a good idea to use products geared for non-consumables as they are allowed to sneak in poisons since theyre not regulated like something would be if it were designed for a food product

1 Like

So how did the Plantain PM hold out for you?Was it contagious to cannabis?

1 Like

The stuff I use is actually made by bonide , it’s called orchard spray and is approved for food use. Monterey makes the caterpillar killer I use.

2 Likes

I would not ever spray anything on flowering plants , approved up to the day of harvest does not include cannabis. Most products will tell you in the fine print that spraying up to the day of harvest is not ok on certain things like strawberries or anything else with out a protective skin. If it can soak into the final product you are consuming it , this is why we are always told to wash the fruit and veggies from the store, they spray some real toxic stuff in the food industry.

2 Likes

I only tested the mildew growing on the peas, and it won’t infest cannabis. I can try the plantain one this year! There are several other mildew contaminated plants. Comfrey and aster. The colony seems to hatch around june, so I want to keep an eye on it, see what environment it actually hatches in.

We are just going through this elsewhere on this site.

I have used a Milk / Water spray successfully, to overcome white Powdery Mildew !!!

2-parts Milk and 3 parts Water, in a Spray Jug. This is the mix.

Personally I have had success with 2% and 3.25% milk. Most recent update states Skim Milk has shown additional benefits ie: less fermenting, if any. I’ve had zero issues with it ever. seriously.

Spray Every 4-7 days depending on the weather / conditions, weekly regardless and thoroughly cover top and bottom of leafs/buds.

This technique has had zero impact on any Buds and totally kept White Powdery Mildew at bay, and actually removed it from the Alaskan Purple.

About as organic as could be.

2 Likes

Here’s a link to their ingredients:

Nothing toxic. They aren’t certified organic, my mistake.

I haven’t used it on flowers but for PM I think I would. I just haven’t verified that it works for PM. It’s popular in the growers community.

I’m familiar with there product , but I wouldn’t want any of that stuff soaking into stuff i intended on smoking or ingesting. Most vegetable crops have a protective layer that allows whatever you spray in it to be washed off but some things like cannabis and strawberries will soak it up and the residue will be there in the end product.

3 Likes

Yeah, it has Thyme oil and Peppermint oil, so maybe it would cause a smell, taste? It seems to be a light product and it seems to evaporate pretty good. It’s new for me. I used it for a small bug infestation and it worked. I’d have to research more for use on PM and use on flowers.

Not sure what this butt nugget is, but him and his brothers ain’t even caring I’m spraying sulfur, and they definitely arnt backing down. Damaging leafs. Never had this bug before. I’d say thrip but never had those before and the picks I see dont look like this guy. The younger ones are white. And the pupa are reddish. Haven’t seen eggs. But have been heavy defol as I don’t want to lose these old ass Acapulco gold and chocolate Thai I got going. I know folks tag @George so maybe it’s time I try it lol.

3 Likes

Almost looks like the larva stage of certain small beetles, hard to tell from the pics though.

It’s like a fly almost. Longer body, those two black bands. It definitely looks almost like a ant or something when I can get a glimpse with the jewelers loop. It’s younger versions are white with no black bands.

Carpet beetle or bark lice maybe

Hypochlorous Acid (it’s water/vinegar/uniodized salt, not nuclear waste) kills it dead on contact. Kills PM, kills bud rot. Make it for pennies with a generator that costs about $150…referred by Bob at BudBusterpro, this stuff works, period.

4 Likes

Hard to see hum|nullxnull, do they fly? I was thinking of some sort of Syrphid or Hover fly:

2 Likes

https://bugguide.net/node/view/10748

2 Likes

It’s a banded thrip. There nasty little bastards. And I know exactly how I got them. I got some dirty clones :frowning: which isn’t the end of the world just another lesson learned.

3 Likes

First time I see them icon_e_surprised|nullxnull, thanks for sharing that info and sorry to hear about your infestation, I always grow from seed and nothing from outside comes indoors, I learned it the hard way like you :disappointed:, now you know, hit them hard!! gun_gun

3 Likes

Banded thrip…got mites, thrips, aphid?
Are you really tired of dealing with them…???

Ran into this awhile back and thought I’d pass it along…FWIWA diatribe with benefits.docx.pdf (165.5 KB)

6 Likes