Hashplant lovers

Well
I guess it’s true- you’re never too old to learn something new lol :+1:

1 Like

That’s okay :saluting_face:, I’m learning to veg larger to improve my meager harvests. You’re an inspiration! :+1:

5 Likes

Was the G13/HP you grew this year the 88 or a recent Sensi?

How did it compare to the Airborne?

I ran a bunch of fems off a Mr Nice Guy clone years ago. Didn’t care for most of the expressions I got but one blew me away. Been wanting to hunt that down again.

3 Likes

I would say the top right of this pic looks to be similar to my cross of Puck…

It’s been a good 15 yrs since I grew G13, and it was a broader leaf, which I was always looking for 15 years ago vs today I select a bit away from “broader is better”. So, yeah, if I were to guess without smell, that’s my 2 cents…

5 Likes

Anyone ever heard of chocolate hash plant?

I swear thats what my friend called it before it kicked the shit outta me… off 1 tiny 1 hit…

3 Likes

That chocolate hashberry from Purple Caper was :fire: but not a Hashplant …it was going around a lot of California medical dispensaries “back in the day” lol maybe it was that one! I grew it and have an old seed from my grow and a fresh unopened pack! Been thinking of popping a few lately

5 Likes

Sounds like a good 1 man

2 Likes

Thnx for the clarification panda. Honestly i was under the impression hashplants were used for dry sift originally.Today it seems to refer to anything with Afghanistan/ Pakistan orgins. For me anyway its a smell taste profile of hashish with little other terps, maybe black pepper too. And of course most hp have broad leaves although ive seen a few taller afghanis w narrow.

So this is the pnw hp looking one right?

6 Likes

I’ve noticed that many hash plants which are strong and sedative don’t seem to have very strong or pronounced aromatic profiles as is often noticed in the modern types where flavor and scent are major aspects of selecting. They can often be hashy and chocolatey or peppery, things like that, but not overly fruity or candy smelling. Not to say they are all that way but many strongly sedative hash plant types seem to be fairly muted on the nose and can be a bit harsh in taste when smoking flowers but the effect is strong and very potent. Many blessings and much love

7 Likes

I always grow a few narrow leafs and some new stuff too alongside these. That way if i want something candy or whatever its available. Heres my favorite hashplant at the moment, just flipped her. Big serations,stocky, and army green…

This other pheno looks cool too, its more squat. Same look just compacted…

9 Likes

LOVE MY HASHPLANTS!

:heart:

Here’s 4x Nepali Watermelon Hashplant F3’s for a “fun solo-cup run” under 12/12 since sprouting a few weeks back.

These are the same seeds I’m sending out via the co-op fall box.

Great plants everyone! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s frosties up in here!

:v:

16 Likes

Ive heard nothing but great things about the watermelon hp. I def plan on trying that one in the future.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. Variety is the spice of life. They can often make excellent crosses and hybrid’s when paired with longer flowering sativa types. Do you also like to hybridize bowls? Sometimes I like to mix a bowl and put a little bit of something hazy or sativa in with something more sedative and calming. Those mixed salad type bowls can be dialed in to some pretty nuanced effects when having flowers with such contrasting effects. Quite fun and enjoyable I think! Sometimes it’s a bad recipe though and back to the drawing board. All in all, a worthwhile endeavor. Many blessings and much love

7 Likes

Actually i dont but my brother does, he loves mixing sativas and indicas. Honestly ive never tried it, but heard its good for finding your preferred effect. Soma from soma sacred seeds swears by it, he mixes quite a few tg in joints.I know mr nice seed co offers a hashplant haze, im sure its fire. Hopefully somebody wiil stop by with a grow. Where that watermelon from?

4 Likes

Yes I totally agree with your brother that for some it can really help dial in and find a preferred effect. I heard on an interview Shantibaba practices this as well and thought that was cool. I think it has a lot to do with customizing the cannabinoid ratios. Some sativa’s for me are great but some are just too one dimensional and sort of spin me out I can’t get any traction in mental clarity. The addition of the what I’m guessing CBD and other cannabinoids not found in the THC rich sativa type help balance and smooth out the effects for my personal tastes. I think hash plants, especially those with the muted scent profiles, are rich in diversity as it relates to variety of cannabinoids in it’s composition. Many blessings and much love

6 Likes

from my travels - there are regions that do not smoke ganja, but rather turn everything into hash

Pakistan, Northern India,Nepal etc…

so it is possible to get sativa hashplant - narrow leaf as in @Pigeonman 's Nepali watermelon hash

to summarize hash making has more to with the region and culture than the plant expression.

8 Likes

Very true as well, especially the aforementioned places. Id also like try ace seeds stuff, they used to offer landracey hashplant. Never smoked an Indian strain or Nepalese strain, they are very famous for their charas and hashish. Imagine traveling there and trying the local cultivars, that would be my dream vacation with Himalayas near by. Royal got any pics from that region? I absolutley love the culture and terrain over there.

2 Likes

The airborne is good its got a sharp citrus smell. The g13 x hasplant i dont remember think it was from bodhi, got the seeds from a member here. It was an f2 repro. I think my last photo was the airborne leaner, pungent strong smoke.

5 Likes

Here is a pic from the northern Pakistan / Kyber Pass. Never saw the wide leaf varieties…

17 Likes

Cool man i think the narrow vs broadleaf has to do with what elevation they grow at…dont quote me on that. Valleys vs hind kush range etc.

Theres khalifa seeds he goes to those actual farmers and gets seeds. Check him out hes got alot of cool plants from that whole region including Indian strains. Hopefully upstate will pop by that dude knows alot about landraces etc. when it comes to that topic.

2 Likes