Hawaii growers - operation green merchant

Frankly, it’s been disgusting to see it unfold. I’m currently a patient consultant for one of the dispensaries because I had to get out of my old line of work for health reasons. Being here though I often consider quitting because I can’t stand the way the company is being ran. My immediate team and having to pay bills are the only thing that’s keeping me here. We were even asked to inform them when former Care Waialua patients eventually end up having to come in. That email left a bad taste in my mouth that hasn’t gone away yet.

3 Likes

It’s to bad. Anything that could benefit the patients is an issue. Could he do a co-op buy in for expenses, so the weed is free to members?

2 Likes

To add more insult to injury, J is a military vet and considered disabled from his service, he and his fellow vets were actually very instrumental in helping establish the medical program through their activism in the late 90’s and 2000’s. So the dispensaries wouldn’t even have a system to work through if it em weren’t for him and our other cannabis activists in Hawai’i. So many of our locals were perfectly fine working with cannabis as criminals that they didn’t even care to pursue medical or recreational legalization.

3 Likes

I’m gonna screenshot this comment and send it to him, I know he’s currently really busy working with his legal team. No charges have been brought against him currently but because their was both money and a controlled substance at play it’s fully possible that he’ll face federal charges along the lines of racketeering, distribution of a controlled substance and money laundering.

2 Likes

I unfortunately think that they will go after him as an example. This is the Sh!ty part we’re people who believe in it as medicine and want to help come up against pure business/ profit. It’s upsetting

2 Likes

I think they will too and he’s very open and honest about what they do, in fact his willingness to be so open on social media and in the canna community may come back to bite him when he was just trying to help normalize something.

2 Likes

They’re trying really hard to paint him out as a guy who’s been lying to his patients and the state about money and where the flower is coming from and where it goes. When if you just take a second to think about it like the flower isn’t just flower, they’re also making in house RSO, balms, tinctures, rosin, edibles, and more.

2 Likes

Yeah he might want to keep a lower profile, see what happens. Hope he gets thru it as unscathed as possible

2 Likes

I hope so too, him and I aren’t friends but he’s an acquaintance I’ve come to respect and I just hope for the best for them. They grew like 20 patients to over 2000 and then back to 900, the state tracks patient’s addresses and caregivers so they’ve known this entire time that the farms hosted this many and even more patients but only acted on it now.

2 Likes

the poster boy for the legal weed scene in america is a dude who rapped about pimping, selling drugs, murder, etc. it is wild to think that the gov will probably get away with ruining the life of someone who served their country to prop up someone who made an entire album dedicated to selling cocaine.

5 Likes

The poster boy is a fucking dweeb too and his breeder, Jai. They move like straight fucking weirdos.

3 Likes

Sorry that was more profanity than necessary but I really don’t like those guys.

2 Likes

i have an irish mom and i grew up in a chicano town, four letter words just complete sentences lol.
im curious who it is, but i think i can figure that out myself. i cant believe there are only 8 dispos in the state, that depends mostly on tourism revenue right? why theyd be worried about picking the pockets of locals when they can fleece the visitors is beyond me.

5 Likes

That’s a lot of people he was helping. I don’t know if your medical is the same as ny. Our medical is expensive. The medical lost so many patients once rec opened for one reason….price. The rec is tested approved product for half the price of medical. They lost so much revenue and investors that they are suing ny to get earlier access to the market!

4 Likes

Since Hawai’i is a medical state they have to try and rely on patients, since most tourists come from Rec states they don’t know they need to apply for temp med cards here in Hawai’i. Our budtenders have to turn away tons of tourists everyday because they don’t have temp cards. I’ll say most of our patients are recent transplants. I’d say up to 80% of them are people who have moved here within the last 3 years.

3 Likes

Our medical dispensaries are selling OZ on average for $240-$280, .5 grams of concentrate and carts are anywhere from $25-$40, ingestibles about the same as the concentrate prices. Personally, if I’m hard up for flower I’m still purchasing from other patients or homegrowers over using my employee discount.

2 Likes

Carts under medical in ny are 125. I’m not sure if they lowered it since you can gram carts for 55 or so in rec shops

2 Likes

Here it’s just the same product but 20% cheaper for med patients. Making that $10 oz of flower a whopping $8. The first time I actually thought “I miss expensive bud” was about two days after I arrived in Oregon lol.

3 Likes

8 dollars an ounce?

2 Likes

Ya man $3 bho grams too :joy: the dispo closest to me has a giant billboard on highway 5 that reads “home of the $5 ounce”.

3 Likes