Hawaiian Sativas or Hawaiian heirloom cannabis

Well shit. I’ve been passing this thread by…I guess I could pop a few mr nice spice…(Hawaiian indica×Hawaiian sativa) and hopefully get to put one outdoors…for some reason I’m just now thinking…it’ll probably do great in this humid se… honestly…I think I might not have time.

11 Likes

Sooo who has the best old Hawaiian lines

I’m getting a pure Molokai frost line soon
And something called GO

5 Likes

Hola @Jamescoldflame

Don’t forget to make seeds.

Thanks

Bare

13 Likes

You might be able to find a cut of The Blood
its a Thai-dom Hawaiian line from back in the day thats real nice.
Blood x Durban also goes around

Shanti has Spice

I have BOEL’s 70’s HI

Puna Budder is also going around these days - I think White Buffalo Seeds has it available

8 Likes

Yeah probably haha
I’ve seen her around
more curious about seedlines however

what’s the deal with that 70’s HI got any pics?

3 Likes

plenty more pics throughout the thread

3 Likes

How’s the stone

I have some DNL x (DNL x super skunk) from JJ that he made in 05
I don’t have a lot but I should still be able to get some going

Been looking for a solid HI line to cross into it before I start other escapades with it.

I’m not convinced DNL is in sour but they do look similar

3 Likes

Yeah, its an interesting story that they released.
Hermie pollen or intentional breeding, who knows. Ive even heard there were two different plants in there - a Hawaiian NL and a skunk and it coulda been either one of them so they just listed both as the parents.

The hi of the 70’s HI is all euphoria. Most of the plants are great daytime smoke - a sativa with a lil tubocharge from the Mexi x Affy - and an occasional NL5 stone.
Id say 1/5 are electric white knuckle sativa, 1/5 are NL leaning, and 3/5 are euphoric sativa hybrid. And they have my favorite smells Ive ever encountered - they bring me back to my childhood

10 Likes

:drooling_face: man, killing me. Sounds incredible. Love those euphoric hawaiian hybrids!!

5 Likes

So many folks around here that I need to make friends with. Lol.

Reproducing g13 x HP? Very interesting. I will be following along.

7 Likes

Oooh, what hawaiian stuff V? Do tell please🙂. I lived on Oahu for a few years. Got to share some local heirloom with some great islanders. Trippiest smoke Ive ever experienced. No idea what they called it but was exceptional!

5 Likes

The Hawaiian i sent him is Hazemans Molokai Kush (Molokai frost×98bubbakush) backcrossed to more Molokai frost. Just cant get enough of the Molokai to come out in the Molokai kush but they are good too. The pure Molokai buzz is shroomy and blissful and helps my PTSD (more then anything I’ve ever smoked) while still feeling relaxed in a non narcotic type of way. A true mood changer like most of the Hawaiian stuff ive smoked.

16 Likes

Clearly we have similar tastes. I am doing a repro of Molokai Frost from 2 separate sources of the pure line. That is my next project.

15 Likes

I got Kona gold beans from the 70’s I’m gonna pop soon I’ll keep you guys updated

Anyone have any first hand experience with the line or ideas on what to expect?

15 Likes

Were they stored well? May get 0% germination if not. :cry:

Kona is 2 hours from me so maybe once I make more connections we can have the modern descendant beans…& it’s possible an old cut still survives out here too.

:evergreen_tree: :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

you sir are my new best friend!!

6 Likes

They were collected by a botanist as well as 15-20 other South American lines most all in the country of origin

He then kept them in a deep freeze since 1980

so as far as my ever growing large collection of old seeds go…
Yeah I’d say they were stored in near prime conditions

luckily im also fluent in tissue culture and other invitro work so I’ll be able to give them the best shot they have

12 Likes

I’ll be growing some Kona from the same time period this fall, they have been reproduced a few times so the beans aren’t that old but the line has been kept pure sense it showed up in NorCal , I got the last of the ones made publicly available before the holder passed away and his family moved towards breeding cbd genetics.

8 Likes

There is always Patagonia. There are places there where you can catch trout and salmon from glacier-fed rivers that flow through citrus groves. Your plants could mature, even strains with ridiculously long flowering times. The cost of living is also pretty low, and there are massive cannabis legalization movements happening there.

6 Likes

It’s important to note that the brotherhood of eternal love and potentially others used to buy primo mexican, ship it to hawaii and then ship it back to the mainland as genuine Hawaiian grown herb for added profit. This is featured in several of the books on boel and in their court files. Makes you wonder how much herb was really grown on the islands and what was just a great marketing strategy. reading old high times, the hawaiin were sold for as much as 200 usd an ounce, when primo mexi or columbian, jamaican etc was selling for more like 20-50 an ounce.

most strains that can be authentically credited to the boel time in hawaii would have at least partial mexican genetics in my opinion.

9 Likes