Hazeman Bubba Kush x Stardawg under GROW300

End of day 52 pics, plucking off selective fans from below the canopy to try to get some additional air flow now in late flower.

9 Likes

Day 55, still feeding full strength nutes and enzymes, no more FloraBlend or Floralicious. pH in the low 6’s

10 Likes

So end of week eight of flowering today, Day 56. They definitely both need more time, some tips are still showing about 10% clear trichomes. There are a few center buds right under the middle of the light that are on the edge of showing some Amber, but the majority of the nugs are ‘just’ milky. I want to see a good amount of honey color through my loupe before I harvest these.

I was doing some reading last night, there are a couple of companies that sell this cross or claim to have put some kind of Stardawg male onto the pre 98 Bubba clone; a lot of them describe the Stardawg as bringing down the flowering time of Bubba from 10 weeks to closer to 8.5 weeks. That’s probably just creative marketing copy, but if so, I’m looking at potential harvest later this weekend or maybe mid next week.

1 Like

6 Likes

The other observation I’m making about these plants is that Hazeman has definitely got a legit Bubba cut in the stable. These plants are slightly different, and both unique in their own ways, but are clear Bubba progeny.

I have a pack of Hazeman’s Bubba’s Widow (clone only pre98-Bubba x Aloha White Widow male) that has me salivating now that I know how good the AWW male is from growing White Grapes and now this Bubba cross. Excited to see those two parents meet in the middle!

But I also ‘have to’ grow out these The White x 88G13HP seedlings first… sometimes this all feels a bit like a mania, not a hobby. Oh well.

1 Like

Day 58, seeing some ambers creeping in slowly here and there, will keep an eye on it. Just fertigated for the final time, switching to pHed water from here out.

The left rear corner bud on the left plant has taken on a deep burgundy purpling, I think from getting so much reflection of light from the tent walls.

I’m going to pace the rest of this plant off that coloration and finish as it appears to have ripened and matured more quickly than the other tops, or at least gotten color shocked by the light more thoroughly

10 Likes

Morning of day 60 of flowering, lots of colors but not quite there yet on the trichomes.

8 Likes

Morning, day 63 of flower. Very close now, today might be the last day of light before a day in the dark and then chop… TBD later today.

11 Likes

Righty is definitely done, but Lefty continues to show water uptake both through the limited runoff I’m getting, as well as the leaves praying upwards during the day. I don’t want to chop her early, but I don’t have a good plan for harvesting one plant at a time. I’m okay letting Righty go to the far end of the harvest window to get Lefty into the middle…this is one of those tough questions about the strain as well because the vigor I’m seeing is mostly in the lowers, that might be expected behavior where you still want to chop when the tops look done. I also know there are strains where your indication for harvest is the lowers starting to flop, where the tops look like they’re almost over-done.

Either way, I’m waffling on whether I’m going to hold these cuts; I have an unopened pack of Hazeman Bubba Kush x Aloha White Widow (male) and I think that’s where the keeper Bubba phenos live. This Stardawg cross was released as a freebie, not one of the breeder’s premier strains, so unless the smoke blows me away, I’m going to likely find something more viable in a cross made with the AWW male, which I know to be elite from my last grow of the White Grapes.

Also waffling a bit on what to grow next once these plants come down; I have clones of the plants from last grow, as well as The White x G13 seedlings about ready to flip, and a female cut of the White Grapes I have not flowered, but a buddy just cropped and said it yielded almost double the other cut that I have grown…so a much higher yielding cut of a strain I know I like.

Choices, choices…

2 Likes

Mind made up today at 4pm. I turned off the light and unplugged it from the timer. I’ll cut them down and get them hanging up tomorrow when I get a breather from work around lunch. That’ll be about 20 hours of darkness, plenty to chillax and get ready for the drying phase.

3 Likes

Looks like some heady smoke, congrats

1 Like

Beautiful color. Nice work.

1 Like

Some pre-harvest lights out pics

11 Likes

That fade is primo! I think the old kushes like to get that rich looking, I did his LAPK and it faded beautifully, though not quite that nice

2 Likes

Beautiful plants! Bless with an update!

1 Like

Wow that is incredible :clap:

1 Like

They’re on day 5 of drying since the chop on the first of Dec. Starting a new thread for the next grow…

9 Likes

228 grams, about an even split between plants. Using the one ounce Grove bags to cure, filled them to 30 grams each and hit them with the impulse sealer. Going in the cabinet to stay cool and dark for 2-4 weeks…now I just need to keep my hands off it till it cures…

1 Like

7 Likes

Ice work low👏

1 Like