Headstrong grow diary, first “no till” grow

Denny showing some color :grapes:

5 Likes

4 Likes

So I decided to turn this accident into a learning experience. I am going to keep these intersex plants growing and do some experimenting.

First experiment is HEAVY defoliation at 20f.

3 Likes

The small runt #4 is looking like it might be interesting. It’s leaf’s are broader and the whole plant has a darker hue to it. Other than that I’m not seeing too much difference between the five Lola’s.

2 Likes

Coming up on day 31 of flower. I am still seeing pollen sacs on 3 of the 5 gals. Number 4 has still not shown any intersex. She is by far the most interesting looking of the bunch. Unfortunately she is the one clone that didn’t take. I did pollinate her with Denny (purple coloring and very dense flower).

Some of the gals appear to have some nitrogen and calcium deficiency. I am upping my top dressing and adding roots organic elemental.

I have clones of 1-3 and 5 and they are doing well after some neglect and Moving them to one gallon pots.

2 Likes

What male would you choose?

4 Likes

#4 is the standout. She is definitely the runt but she smells amazing. Reminiscent of GDP I used to get back in 2008-2010. I’ve heard purple Erkel is a super slow veg plant and I wonder if her stuntedness is from that.

2 Likes

6th week of flower.

I think the top left corner gal (#3) is drying out quicker as she is next to the fan.

Either way, they all looked hungry so I top dressed them heavily a week ago.

#4 still smells the best. It’s very berry lime with a smidgen of gas.

It’s mostly lime gas when I open the tent.

5 Likes

After looking at the picture and before I read my eyes were drawn to #4. From my few years of growing indoors I have noticed the plants that get that purple sheen over the green are my favorites.

2 Likes

She definitely smells the best!

Also she didn’t herm in response to my light leak like the others did.

I pollinated her with the more purple and dense male so hopefully I get some good seeds. I’m definitely going to be cautious when running them though as there is a good chance some of the seeds will be from herm male pods.

3 Likes

Photo dump!

Took em all at day 63.

I’m bummed there are seeds everywhere but I definitely learned a lot running these until the end. If I see a lot of herm pods in the future I will be chopping and starting over.

I haven’t decided if I’m gonna hash it all, make tinctures/edibles, or just make a butt load of pre rolls and give ‘em out to friends.

Thanks for sticking around for this mess!

5 Likes

That old “exploding cigar” trick. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Lolol I would be very careful.

Forgot the trich pics. This was about a week before harvest.

4 Likes