Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

I’m still learning to run outside over here so it may very well be. Thanks for your response buddy.

4 Likes

Last year I had my first outdoor run so very much a beginner with it as well just little things from my observations someone more experienced with outdoor might be able to give a better answer best of luck :v: @HumblePie420

6 Likes

I think growing them in January, even in LA is likely the main issue with the wispy buds. Even though you can grow cannabis year round, winter grown weed never looks as nice as cannabis grown over summer.

6 Likes

Thanks for that compadre. That sounds about right. Would that account for the no terps or smell? The high was decent but just nothing as far as taste or smells.

3 Likes

There could be diminished terpenes when grown during the winter as the environment just isn’t that nice so it likely effects bud size, density, terpenes etc. Growing during the winter is fine if you are hard up for some smoke, just feel like messing around and growing during the offseason, or you want to do some pollination or pollen collection.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience with us @ElGalloBlanco. I want to get really good at growing in my area outdoors.

5 Likes

Bummer brother, I’ve heard some really great stuff about that one!

4 Likes

Sure is. Winter vs. summer sun

4 Likes

Thanks for al the insight fellas!

6 Likes

Great crew here. I don’t always have time to keep Reading a thread after I see a question asked, And I don’t want to forget to help, so sometimes I answer a question already answered, as in this case😁
At my forty two degree latitude I see a noticeable difference in buds made at the end of summer as opposed to the middle of it

10 Likes

I see much value here; every anecdote is a piece of information, enough information provides evidence, and enough evidence is the basis for scientific understanding.
Go science!

7 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures , I concur! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright! Our Maui Mango Haze, Echo, is ready to come down.
I am gonna give her about 2-3 days to dry out, because she was recently watered, but she’s all milky, with a splash of amber in the apical.
Today is day 96, so I’ll wet trim, and hang her on the morning of day 99 (I would be amped if the Trainwreck girls were ready at that point, and it would be 10 weeks exactly, but I’m not holding my breath)

14 Likes

Those look great. Nice phat buds!

4 Likes

Thanks homie! They do seem to be really chunky; I’m ready for these to come down, and from the looks of it, so are they! Some stressors in late flower, but otherwise a really clean run.
I’ll be picking up eight 5 gallon living soil pots, so future runs will be even more bountiful!

8 Likes

Ima try 3 gallons in the tent this time around. I Just gotta know if the soil will hold up good enough. :joy: plus I have so many females this time around.

3 Likes

It should, although it depends on how long you vegged for but you will likely just have to water a lot more often to keep them humming. If you are growing with organic amendments and such, probably make more botanical teas with dry amendments as opposed to top dressing as it will be more readily available for the plants. Maybe mixing in some fish hydrolysate or liquid kelp if you have it on hand as well.

3 Likes

Echo came down today for an even 100 days in flower. Hanging in the inactive 2x4 at 60/60 controlled by Inkbird temp and humidity controllers, impeller humidifier, and portable a/c unit.
Trainwrecks are suuuuuper close, and I’ll probably pull them in 3 days.

10 Likes

Jammer is hanging after 73 days in flower.

I’m guessing 3 oz. dry yield.
Strong lemon aromas…not candy, but sweet like a Meyer lemon. Equally gassy, unleaded, not diesel, and a sweet woody note that started like cedar, but developed into a sweeter sandalwood or vetiver note.
I did a rough trim to remove fans, went outside, and came back in to find the house smelling amazing :sunglasses::bear:

14 Likes

Ivan is down.

Less lemon now (or maybe my olfactory nerve is desensitized), and way more dankness. Sweet ham and mushrooms.

18 Likes