Help Cloning with a Bucket Bubbler?

what do you use ? lol

1 Like

look here
My homemade bubble cloner

1 Like

I use collars. made from foam, neoprene, pipe insulation, pool noodles, or even actual pucks made for the purpose made out of foam.

1 Like

yes, rapid rooters not necessary.

So after I clip the clone and slice at an angle if I don;t put the clone in the rapid rooter how does the skinny branch stay in the netpot?

1 Like

guess you didnt look at this link :arrow_right: My homemade bubble cloner
Like Nagel420 said, there are many things you can use. You dont need the netpot

1 Like

Rapid rooters are for using with domes, stick the bare stem into the bubble cloner.

1 Like

can I add some round stones pebbles, I guess I just find it hard to drop a skinny branch into a 2 inch netpot with bubbles moving around lol

You could get some collars the same size as the top of the net pots

1 Like

You don’t need the netpot. Just get neoprene pucks that fit the holes where the net pots go. Amazon has them.

3 Likes

We must have typing at the same time. Lol

2 Likes

Lol I guess so

1 Like

2 Likes

I guess I just was lazy and bought one off of eBay. 36 site cloner, I have had to change the pump a couple times but it works great. I’ve yet to fill it up to 36 but this may be the year👍🏻

1 Like

I’m going to have the wifey stop at the $ store get me sponge rollers or just add them to the netpots with a slit at the botom for the branch to go into the hole

3 Likes

Good idea :bulb:

@HashstasH I’ve used the kneeling mats in the gardening section of the dollar store to cut pucks from with good success :+1:

4 Likes

Well I thank you all for your help and detailed pictures, After doing some thinking I figured hell I already bought the net pots so why not do a Beta run with the gimmick I came up with.

It might not look pretty but the net pots stay stable in the bucket and the foam stabilizes the clone clipping sitting in the bucket with giggly bubbles…

2 Likes

I would cut that foam just below the netpot bottom, you need water sprinkles to reach the nude stem to help roots showing up … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Correct I will be making sure the clipping is ling enough to reach the water …

This may be a dumb question, but did you slit those length wise so you can remove the cutting after it gets roots. :smiley: