Help Cloning with a Bucket Bubbler?

Hello Everyone here

I have had more then my failures trying the last few weeks with cutting my clones at an angle , making slits, scraping them and dipping them in cloneX and right into a rapid rooter and watch them die…

I now have a brand new 5 gallon bucket, 2 pumps arriving tomorrow, and small 2 inch net pots ready to make a clone bubbler,… Help Please??

Can someone who has a very good results record with the Items I have help me get these gals going so you all can reap my rewards…

Thank You

8 Likes

I have moderate results, change the water every five days and the temperature under 20c improves the chances. I’ve done the dome but find I have better success spraying couple times a day. Clonex speeds things up a bit but not necessary. Two weeks you should see white bumps, three weeks roots on all of them if they are going to grow.

3 Likes

Keep the water level just below the net pots :+1:

bubbles busting and splashing is all you need

Hydroguard or similar if you want to be fancy

No organic matter in the water

You can glue the airstones to the bottom of the bucket

Good to go !

BTW whats the water pump for ?

5 Likes

I use 2 pumps for massive bubbles and the more bubbles the more oxygen for the plants roots to grow other wise how do net pots work without bubbles?..

Holy Shit lol OMG wow thank you for the heads up lol I have 1 air pump coming tomorrow and hit this water pump and thought it was a dual action pump lol :scream: :scream: :crazy_face:

The order goes out monday lol I will change it to another air pump thank you so much for the question and heads up…

1 Like

A bubble bucket without bubbles works about as good as a glass of water :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahah all good :+1:

I agree with this completely. :smiley: :100: :+1:

2 Likes

Soooo no nuts or cal-mag added just H2o… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Not needed in my opinion. I never use anything but tap water. 100% success

2 Likes

I haven’t set mine up yet, but talking with a friend that has built and used them, he said on thing he learned the hard way was to cut the bottoms out of the net pots, otherwise the roots become impossible tangled in the net pots making it very hard to transplant.

Lob

2 Likes

I just need the clones to get rooted enough to ship…

I dont use netpots

This morning

2 Likes

Everything but this for me. I wanna be able to clean / replace them, and cant do that if they are glued down. On the other hand, if ya wanna glue down their supposed suction cup mounts, that works :slight_smile: (since the suction cups never seem to work on their own in a tub)

1 Like

what do you use ? lol

1 Like

look here
My homemade bubble cloner

1 Like

I use collars. made from foam, neoprene, pipe insulation, pool noodles, or even actual pucks made for the purpose made out of foam.

1 Like

yes, rapid rooters not necessary.

So after I clip the clone and slice at an angle if I don;t put the clone in the rapid rooter how does the skinny branch stay in the netpot?

1 Like

guess you didnt look at this link :arrow_right: My homemade bubble cloner
Like Nagel420 said, there are many things you can use. You dont need the netpot

1 Like

Rapid rooters are for using with domes, stick the bare stem into the bubble cloner.

1 Like

can I add some round stones pebbles, I guess I just find it hard to drop a skinny branch into a 2 inch netpot with bubbles moving around lol