Help locating seeds - Dolato

Hello Overgrow!! I don’t post here much but I am gonna try to change that with my 2nd grow. (Just finished my first grow of 2 small-medium plants, a Black Valium from Top Shelf Elite, and a High Priority by 710 genetics under a 150w HPS, got about 2.5 ozs and will be looking upgrade to LED or CMH next).

The reason for this post is that I want advice. Ok. I got this bud called Dolato a couple times. I won’t go into detail but I can’t find out what breeder or cut etc was used. I believe it to be out of Washington state. Anyway, the terp.profile & effects have made this one of my favorite buds of all time .

I want to grow this strain but I cannot find any seeds. Do you have any advice? Also, if multiples are available, do you know which is best? (For instance I found some Crop King seeds Dolato beans but I want the very best version I can find!!). I was so surprised I couldn’t find any. I’ve heard it’s called Dosilato as well.

The cross is Do-si-do x Gelato 41, IIRC, for anyone who doesn’t know or hasn’t tried it… hoping someone can point me in the right direction!!!

Thanks so much ,
SC

1 Like

https://www.seedsherenow.com/shop/seed-types/feminized/archive-seed-bank-dough-lato-feminized/

Possibly these? I believe they could be discontinued and it might be harder to find originals. I bet you could find a reasonable substitute made by another breeder under a different strain name. strainly would be worth a shot. Good luck and if you find some seeds of Archive Junior Mints give me a heads up please.
There are also 3 other crosses Archive has possibly discontinued of Gelato #25, 33 & 41 crossed to Dosidos not named Dolato or Doughlato.

2 Likes

Interesting… thanks so much!!

After digging a little, I’m finding that one of the more prominently mentioned ones is from In House Genetics. But again,.like you said, I am not sure if this is just one of those that is discontinued, or if they still have it.

Anyway I definitely appreciate you even responding as it gives me something else to go off of. I think I’m gonna continue to try to find some In House Genetics Dolato beans but I will definitely add some from the one you just sent, as well! Have a feeling I might have to grow a few out to find what I’m looking for but I really, really wanna find the same stuff my buddy has been getting me. Lol

2 Likes

Some regular old Dosidos for moral support.

5 Likes

How did that 150 watt hps treat ya?

https://seedsofhorror.com/product/gelato-41-x-dosidos/

Archive was the one who originally bred Dolato i’m pretty sure IHG is just offering S1’s.

1 Like

The 150w HPS Was fine for what I had going (2 plants in about 2x3.5 footprint) but I could tell it was a stretch. I still liked it , and for a low wattage I feel I did OK getting about 70g dry weight, not including about a 1/2oz+ of larfy stuff .

I’m not 100% sure as I’m somewhat new, but I’d be willing to bet that the 1.0g/watt standard is not easy with a small light lk that. Because I did everything from LST to extra veg to try and bulk em up, but yeah… I could tell they just needed a TAD more light. Still dense and nice but just needed that extra kick.

Thanks for the info on Archive. I will definitely pursue them in addition to the IHG; I had no idea.

Thx again … definitely what I wanna grow next; my growroom is on hold pending finding some :slight_smile:

I grew that Dolato and I crossed with Fpog 2 years ago, there are from in house indeed.

I’m afraid they are discontinued, not bad strain but I would not count on her for future runs IMO.

1 Like

Interesting… Idk how not approach this. It’s weird bc even tho I love allll diff.kinds… I’ve never been in this position where I was like, BAM… you found “your” strain… I have been able to get it about a half dozen times but don’t know if it’s ever coming back… and I want THAT specific terp profile/bud.

Don’t know what to do lol but I see myself buying several different packs in the future to.try and hunt it down. Lol

I saw some great looking Dolato seeds on “seedcellar” but am not familiar with them :confused: