Help me decide about LEDs please.

I totally agree with you. I would like to build my own. And I will one day. The electricity scares me. Lol

3 Likes

I would use this for flowering only, do I need dimmable, and does that affect the price much?

1 Like

I have 2 ts1000 on a light mover and flowered a 4x5 area no problem. Love them, I do think im going to add a 315 cmh for heat and because I’m attempting to flower my whole 8x4 tent this time.

But for your cupboard a ts1000 will lower your temps and add alot more ppfd for the power. You will need to up your calmag a bit under led.

1 Like

Are those the 2 foot or 4 foot bridgelux strips and gen2 or gen 3

Edit, numerical error.

2 Likes

Dimming is a nice feature but not necessary. Most ballasts have onboard dimming and ones that dont have a pigtail to attach a pot sensor for dimming

1 Like

I have a mars tsl2000 over a 2x4 and it kills that space.

I’m in the market for a different light and I’m going to to go high end with HLGs or I’m going to build my own with Bridgelux. I haven’t decided yet.

My mars has been going 12 hours a day, everyday, for over a year. It consistently pumps out awesome harvests. I even hit 1.5gpw but genetics helped a lot.

I also have an old mars blurple from 7 years ago that’s still kicking. And one of their tents too. Go mars hydro! They don’t pay me to say this.

3 Likes

I use the 70w (40w draw) Sansi full spectrum LEDs and two 60w Autocobs and they produce better flower than I ever got in a dispensary, I veg with fluorescent but I’ve never flowered with anything but LED. Perpetual grow and the power bill barely moved between the two tents.

2 Likes

22" gen2, 3500k and 2-5000k that got slipped into the package some how lol

1 Like

Why only 12 to the 240? Thought it could handle 16 - 17?

1 Like

The 240w maxes out at 17 strips, the 12 was more for an even split and ability to overdrive a little

1 Like

I’ve had good success with HLG, but honestly it seems like most of the major competitions are doing the same thing. Lots of good options.

1 Like

I’ll give a nod for mars hydro. I have a ts600 in a 2 x2 and a tsw2000 in a 3x3 and they are great. I recently started a 4 x8 tent with 4 tsl2000s. I won’t know how they preform in there for another month or so, however I’m expecting great results. The price for them can’t be beat either.

2 Likes

Ok thanks everybody, I have ordered a ts1000.

6 Likes

Anyone have an led they’d reccomend for a 3x3 foot tent in flower? Been looking at them for a little while but I’m not sure there’s an option specifically for a 3x3.

Yea. I use a mars hydro tsw2000 for a 3x3. Thats whats its recommended for flower wise. It uses 300 watts. I believe the spider farmer 2000 is as well.

2 Likes

Lots of options out there, kinda depends how much you want to put into it as far as effort or money. I went low budget, low skill build. Screw in LED bulbs with domes removed. 20-25w (actual draw) per square foot is all that’s needed for veg, bump it to 30-35w for bloom. This also lets you choose different spectrums and how you blend and spread them. I used bathroom vanity light fixtures, but any regular light socket will work. Keyless sockets are cheap and easy to mount onto a few strips of wood. I also added some cfl reptile uvb bulbs for added spectrum.

7 Likes

I use the ssame and I’m very happy with it. more than 1 g/w is easy with it. strain and care dependant of course. I think I’ll get me the ts3000 since I upgraded to 4x4. good stuff for that price.

1 Like

Welcometothe forum enjoy

Peace out and stay safe

I just set up a 4 x 8. I decided on 4 tsl2000s. I chose that because I think I can get better coverage than a single light, in my case 2, and can adjust each one accordingly to the plants under it.

5 Likes

that looks great, well prepared :slight_smile: I hope we get to see the beautiful buds!

1 Like