Help... What do I do

This happened today what’s the best way to fix clone what I can to save strain or ?

1 Like

What Happened today?

3 Likes
1 Like

@Floyd my silly cat knocked a momma over when she was visiting my garden

1 Like

4 Likes

Easy fix. Tape it up tight and it will be fine.

9 Likes

Agreed. Just tape it up. It’ll heal into a nice scar -

No big deal

11 Likes

As others suggested just tape it up, it’s really not a big deal.

3 Likes

Yeah what they said and hell take some cuttings and root them too while you’re at it for a backup.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for the suggestions already taped up and gonna clone some just in case

3 Likes

I would also put some garden wire upper joining the two branches (not too tight) so one sustains the other and the load of both won’t open that wound again … beer3|nullxnull

10 Likes

It’ll also be the focal point of your auxins, growth stimulant/ built in physical therapy.
Seen some huge differences when a plant goes into stress.

2 Likes

What sort of differences have you seen?

1 Like

Buds will definitely get bigger on the affecting limbs.
Without a doubt much like bending and breaking training
Auxins rush to those areas affected.

5 Likes

It’s interesting that you say that because this break was sort of natural. Like in the Y of the plant broken from heavy buds leaning in different directions.

I just pushed a little too hard.

I wish I had kept track of which bud was which but I don’t recall any noticeable difference.

It was a nice plant overall though.

Wouldn’t of mattered if accidental or on purpose.
Some cultures believe in splitting that plant and putting a foreign object in there and bind it up.
Others believe split and bind up with a chunk of opium in there believes it gives more power to the plant also.
I think its more stressing of the plant other than the opium.
Could be combination of the 2.
There again auxins rushing in to help take care of things.

2 Likes

I had one split like this 2 or 3 grows ago, it did end up having huge buds on those branches compared to the others, @OleReynard and his wisdom are probably right about the why.

the-more-you-know

2 Likes

Is this why folks crush stems?

2 Likes

I like doing plant yoga, so satisfying too when you give em a good crackin like at the chiropractor

Yes it is…