Help,what's going on with my plants?

Hey all, I was wondering if anybody had an idea with what’s going on with my plants? Both Purple Punch, in 15 gallon fabric pots, Fox Farm Happy Frog soil, and GH Floranova Bloom. I was using water out of my faucet which I just found out the pH is really high in it. I’m watering every other day to every 3 days (depending how hot it is outside) with nutrient waterings every other watering day. My last watering I adjusted th pH and used over 4 gallons of nutrient solution per plants until I saw about 20% run off. The older leaves are light green, some with edges burning. They are about 4 weeks into flowering, they are also placed around my pool. Any info would be greatly appreciated, this is my 1st out door grow.
Thanks, DeltaOG

3 Likes

I’d say lower the ph of your water to around 6.0-6.3 (what I aim for in veg) when you do your next watering and use plain water. Wait a few days. You may want to water with plain water again, I just go by how the plants doing. Watch and see if they start to green back up. Continue on your feeding schedule but make sure you check your ph after you mix up your nutes every time. BTW do you aerate or at least let the water sit out for 24hrs?

@DeltaOG
You also over fed them with that 4 gal of food. What strength did you mix at?

I thinking it’s just the natural fade associated with growing at this point lower leaf yellowing is a sign if N deficiency buy no means don’t go out and add N at this point your plant is going to want more P and K at this growth stage. I’m not a nutrient bottle guy myself but you volumes seem a little excessive IMO FWIW my outdoor grow is fading on the bottoms as well I don’t think ya have to much to worry about here! Plant looks great to me BTW!

2 Likes

the veins are going yellow before the leaf thats a sign of zinc f
def. iirc
prob ph related
but 4 weeks into flower is hardly time to worry

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for all the replies and advice. I think I’m going to give them pH-ed water for the next 2 waterings then give a 1/4 strength nutrient solution on the 3rd watering to see how they do. Here’s some close up pics if the leaves.

2 Likes

Normal fade for this stage of flower. Happens, don’t worry too much keep an eye out and remove dead leaves as they go.

Do you pH adjust your water and feed solution?

This doesn’t really look like overfeeding to me. If anything you might have a bit of lockout. Make sure what you’re putting in is in an acceptable range pH wise.

Also alternating between straight water and feed may be economical but if you have good drainage you can usually feed every watering without worry (I do)

2 Likes

They look fine to me. Maybe a nitrogen deficiency awhile back, newest growth looks just fine. I think it’s just fade now from budding.

2 Likes

Outdoor soil is super forgiving of ph. I don’t think it’s a problem. I never have issues there and my water is crazy acidic. Just carry on as usual, I honestly think you are fine. If you get problems on new growth then you can worry.

1 Like