Help with switching to Jacks fertilizer

@Papalag is the jacks man that I know of. He loves it. @GramTorino used it I believe.

2 Likes

Used Jack’s for 40 years. Nothing new.

2 Likes

Ok I’m glad you’re happy.

2 Likes

none. You could throw in some gypsum which I sometimes do, and sometimes don’t

Take what you read here with a grain of salt.

5 Likes

I have been thinking about it. It is cheaper. I know a few that use it.

1 Like

I have seen it in the feed stores. Several other things of Jack’s.

1 Like

this and one incomplete journal where an od plant kept re-vegging are the only 2 mentions ive seen of this product that has been out for years…

there is no way im the first person on OG to use this stuff lol.

1 Like

I ended up with the 5-12-26 and CalNit and have been very happy with it so far. It’s been much better for small containers than the Dr Earth dry amendments I had been using. This run I just flipped a week ago is my first flower cycle with it so I’ll see how it does for me over the next few months.

5 Likes

Been using Jacks 5-12-26 + Yara CalNit for several years. I started of using MgSO4 (epsom) as well, but realized it wasn’t needed, at least in my situation, with the medium I was using.
I bought a 25Lb bag and it feels like I’ve been using it for a decade. I have individual salts ready for attempting custom fertilizer blends too. But I duno when I’ll get to it, haha.

Also - now I’m quite interested in Master Blend’s new Cannabis Bloom Formula because it has no nitrogen in it. Can’t find it on masterblend website. Not in canada yet, of course. (in case some poor canadian was intrigued, turn that smile upside down. If that’s you, please contact geckogrow.ca, or “garden effects”, or whatever retailer you might know of who may carry dry fertilizers, and ask them about it and if they’ll be getting it in.)

1 Like

so they seem to like the jacks 18-8-23 at 0.35g per gal. im confident ill get light burn before doubling that dose.
why is jacks telling me to put 4.2g per gallon?
im just dumb right?

@Nitt nice find : )

Since your Canadian , have you browsed through the plant prod products ? Spike and a couple of others have good numbers

1 Like

Just FYI, Jacks make a Tap and an RO formula of their “hydroponic” line now, too.

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me know about that.
They make so many different lines now it’s hard to find a consensus on which is better for cannabis.
The 5-12-26 plus Cal Nitrate and epsom salt have been doing a good job so far. This is my first run using anything other than Dr Earth dry amendments and it’s been going better than I expected. I’m lucky to have pretty good well water as well. Only 130 ppm’s at 7.3 ph from the tap.

3 Likes

Have you checked your ec/ppm when using .35 per gal? No way you are anywhere near what they recommend. I use Jack’s 20-20-20, 10-30-20, and 5-12-26 at different times and normally use 4.2 grams per gal. Indoor grow.

2 Likes

I add cal/mag, 2 ml per gal, for my mom/clone tent. When I move to veg I’m using 2 grams gypsum and .6 grams Epsom.

2 Likes

theyre getting 5 hrs direct light in 85-90F and dry climate so i was not confident giving them a dose even half that size. i can see how indoors it would work, or in a very high performance outdoor environment.
i suppose im just warning people new to it and growing to not just blindly dose some backyard plants with the outdoor mix.

2 Likes

No problem, man.
I wouldn’t get too caught up in “cannabis specific” lines or anything like that. I know it’s hard not to though.
That’s good that it’s going well for you. And that sounds like good water, especially for well water, right? Is that 130ppm mostly Ca and Mg?
(PS: That 130 ppm is actualy elemental ppm. It’s not the “ppm” people refer to when they discuss “ppm” that they get from there EC meters, which is not actual ppm (parts per million of anything), and is actually just EC (electrical conductivity) multiplied by a number/conversion factor. It can confuse people because they think their meters are actually measuring “parts” of stuff and reporting that, and they aren’t. They’re all measuring electrical conductivity.

Anyways, I’m just a novice. Hope you get a nice harvest.
One downside, to some, about jacks 5-12-26 and similar blends from other manufacturers, is that it’s tied to nitrogen, and they want to stop giving nitrogen at a certain point in the grow, but can’t, without stopping with the 5-12-26 all together.

2 Likes

Need to buy it separately but here you go. Finally
https://www.jacksnutrients.com/online-store/0-12-26-Part-A-p571478747

2 Likes

Oh shit. Nice. I thought Athena was the only one with a 0-X-X out right now, and Masterbled is still ‘working on their formula’. I thought GG garden said he wished jacks had one out yet, but they didn’t.
I doubt I’ll find that product at a canadian retailer, but I’m about to go do a little searching after lunch now. Maybe some calling on Monday.

Thanks.

1 Like

It says email them for Canadian shipping their Canadian shipping option isn’t working. Good luck.

1 Like