Help with yellowing and drooping

That’s a tremendous amount of water for such small pots, and plastic pots at that; I give my 4’ tall plants a gallon a week or so, in 10 gallon fabric pots - roughly twice as much as you’re giving your plants, for a much larger root system. Even then, I sometimes end up overshooting and leaving them wetter than I intend, though it’s tough to actually overwater fabric pots.

5 Likes

Moisture meters are fine. Even the cheap ones give you a decent idea of how mush is used. Weight is definitely usable, but also less accurate. After 10 years, I dumped my MM too for plant weight, to be honest, but I had hundreds, maybe a thousand plants finished under my belt by then.

Nothing affordable will tell you how much moisture you have p/ccm, but experience is a fine substitute and a MM is a great learning tool.

I have yet to see any water even drain to the drip tray, 400ml is about when I get to the point of one or two drops coming out.

Odd. It doesn’t seem like they should be drinking that much, especially with such low VPD. They’d hardly be transpiring at all. In fact, 79F with 79% humidity comes up in the danger zone even for seedlings on my chart:

Cannabis VPD chart

3 Likes

This is what I’m using.

3 Likes

This is my experience too. I’ve got 4’ plants going through about a gallon a week. My pots are much smaller so I need to water more often but our numbers jive.

5 Likes

It’s possible your plants disagree with the chart, then. :wink: Dunno if I’ve ever seen recommendations for such high humidity in other charts. There’s a few floating around with different ranges, but I can’t recall ever seeing any put 80% as an ideal point.

4 Likes

This is the way.

3 Likes

Why do you feel like it was fertilized too much?

From the same source as your VPD chart:

"Great targets to shoot for in any growth stage are:

Lights on:

Temperature: 75-78F
Relative Humidity: 60-65%
Lights off:

Temperature: 70F
Relative humidity: 60-65%

It is important to make sure relative humidity doesn’t go over 65% or below 50%. If you can’t get your growing environment close to the targets above, use the chart to find a combination that gets you as close to the green area as possible."

Closer to those values would definitely help your plants recover :+1:

7 Likes

I got it down to 65% right now. Going to see how things do then. Let them dry for a few days. Funny I was always a big believer in 68 degrees at 60% but recently have had a few people sell me on higher humidity for veg being better for growth. They actually sent me that chart without the article, I went to their website and yeah it clearly says exactly what you said LOL.

1 Like

What’s your floor temperature like? How soaking wet or the bottom of the pots in the corners? First thing I look for during winter. Pull them out of the pots and take a look at the roots you can do almost anything to a root ball and it’ll survive cannabis is an incredibly durable plant. Check the root ball for insects and too much wetness is what it looks like to me. Cold ass floor. I get them up off the ground and put them on a table and put a heater underneath the table for a little while not to close though

4 Likes

I’ll second that one @api312 looks like there drowning I’ve had it happen to me a few times and just keep at it sending out good vibes @fettuccine. The Doc

3 Likes

Big thing is cannabis grows in the spring and summer when the ground is warm. Doesn’t grow on a cold ass floor. Yes I know from experience ha ha Ha. The plant goes in the shutdown mode it thinks the grounds cold. I don’t know where you’re at but it kind a looks like overwatering and cold floor it doesn’t matter what the air temperature is that’s what the root ball is and if the floor sucking the heat out of the plant air temperature just feels warm to you

3 Likes

You gave me the same chart when I was struggling during my first weeks and I admit @fettuccine it is a big help but I see you have one

1 Like

I always run organically. I think that soil is very good but a little hot. looks like this. Too little food is not a problem but too much food is a big problem. The same with water, better a little too little than a little too much.

3 Likes

Great way to say that @Groenevingers I’m always on the side of to little add more or to dry water but once it’s done there’s no turning back so just don’t overthink the feedback and advice because in the end it’s your grow and we’re here to help out with whatever so just keep updating your grow and like I mentioned I was getting ridiculous during my first 2 grows
…but you’re in the right place here with the OG community hope you have a great week

3 Likes

lol not too sure how I feel about my chart after all this. . .

1 Like

I always used to sit basement plants on 2" x6"x 6"polypropylene cut from 4x8 sheets for wall insulation (home depot, Lowes). Super cheap, super effective. Definitely don’t sit plants on a bare concrete floor.

4 Likes

There is absolutely zero reason to pH water for plants growing in soil for one. Soil is a natural buffer. Looks to me like nutrient lockout due to pH. You are fussing way too much with plants growing in soil. I would repot, stop all of the fussing. Soil also has nutrients enough for about 3 weeks in containers. And stop the overwatering. Water only the top 2 inches of soil only when it’s dry. Stick your finger in there. Should be dry to second knuckle before adding water.

7 Likes