High CBD Landraces and heirlooms

Hello all !!

Thinking ahead my next run and chucking ,I would love to run some Landraces and due my low tolerance to thc, I’m definitely looking forward for a High CBD dominant one.

I had heard that Lebanon does pretty good in terms of CBD/THC ratios, but what others you guys would recommend me?

Thanks to allow

4 Likes

Without meaningful tests, its all hearsay.

Word had it that Penny Wise has some of each.

2 Likes

I grew out Pennywise last grow and was pretty satisfied with it. I also tried to grow out Deadlights by TGA. Also another cbd/thc plant. This one being more sativa dominant. Couldnt get the seeds to germinate. Sent a complaint email to TGA got more seeds and only got one plant out of 5 seeds. The plant got root rot and never took off. Ended up killing it off. Long story short Pennywise was good Deadlights was not. I also have a low tolerance and Pennywise works nicely with me.

2 Likes

There are meaningful test results for the ACE Lebanese. https://www.aceseeds.org/en/libanostd.html

Look in the product description. Full test results are included.

This is the only heirloom/landrace that I have found with consistently high CBD, which is why I am running it outdoors right now. I plan to cross it with itself and some other high CBD strains.

8 Likes

Hey, i suggest Sinai from realseedcompany. If you just tend to get anxiety, Depressiv Feelings, it might be that you actually would like High thc plants still… Atleast ist like that for me! I cant tolerate that negative Effects and found out, that they was nealy compleatly absent in a fullon trippy bamboo-thin Sativa bud i once smoked. It was hallucionogenic, rather than trippy, not stressy, but still strong, so calm , anxietyfree. I have good reasons to believe it was actually the Strain : Vietnam Tourist hemp from green hornet. No joke, but the secound half of the Trip was very seditative, and like said so fearfree. Also laos Strains and cambodian Strains are said to have this Zero anxiety effect. There are some Ultra old stock on realgorillaclothing under the Rubrik :gypsy nirvana collection . The strains called Khmer Gold, and luang prabang are eventually Fitting that request. Especially the Khmer Gold i have heard is Zero anxiety weed… Hope this didnt hijack the thread, but i could imagine that most People who didnt experience that Zero anxiety sativas will often find the more common view that high thc sativas can

4 Likes

bring panik. And i believe it can for some, i guess it depends on the individual Person, BUT in my case ist completly opposite, atleast my unknown nameless bambo-thin bud-sample couldnt been a CBD-Indica thingy i suggest… And only my rare Experience with some real mind-journey - Sativa could show me that this was the perfect solution for me, and it exists: anxietyfree weed… Atleast say 97 Percen anxietyfree. Just that you dont miss out. And you will be also very active on this Weed… Like on other drugs, no, just better… No hard sideeffects, just soo gooooood happy! Good luck. Not all These named Contries Strains are like that, actually i think the good Strains are much rarer than in the 70s, but im shure, atleast for me its a truth, and no myth. And due to the Fact that this Strains are not so easy to find, im telling you that Information ,not knowing if you are one of These peoples getting Anxietyproblems on Landrace Se-asians… But you may be one of them liking them

3 Likes

So, if you are rather the cbd- Lover, there first Comes marrocan to my mind. There was once a strain i forgot, wich was pure marrocan, or another strain with 50 percent marrocan landrace. Reportedly quiet weak, gentle, rahter sedating. There is a new marrocan landrace on market from khalifa genetics. Google it, you may find it. I was interested in These quiet Abit, since i first also serched for gentle, soft weed… Yes, and Afghan strains and surroundings. The last place with Abit of cbd is middle and southamerica. Or eventually chinese regions. Panama from ace has a bit cbd, not soo much but Abit more than average. There also southeast-european strains, wich is very rare, like yugoslavian, or turkish greek strains wich could fit very much your Needs. Im not shure but realseedcompanys turkish could be perfect…

3 Likes

Ive heard Kevin Jodrey talking on this subject and he says that Pakistani genetics show the most promise.
He was there working on the first CBD plants way back in the day.
How to get Pakistani seed stock? good question.

AC/DC and Pennywise are the two that come to mind. I think there is some quality high CBD genetics coming out of Oregon. I sen someone interviewed making quality CBD plants there.
Maybe search the terms high cbd and Oregon.

Good luck.
I was on the hunt for a known high CBD cultivar here in Canada but didnt find one in time. Sadly. Im running some Deadhead F2’s and the stems are weak AF and they still are not flowering yet outdoors.

1 Like

Yes, like silverhaze says: pakistany seems to be the most often used Landrace-part in the common Ultra-High cbd Strain from what i remember… Not in every single high-cbd plant, but in many. Like per example in ac-dc. So, Pakistani is one of my best bets. Kasachstan Landrace Comes to my mind but only eventually. Just cause it borders the place where many Ruderalis originates, and kasachtan weed is rather weak in all compounds, so possibly also not to wrong, but im not too shure.

Oh and Snow moon, by ace seeds(China x Pakistan), and orient express (china x vietblack) by ace seeds should fit quiet well ! They snowmoon are limited relase…Oh did i mention erdpurt from ace, Looks so lovely pink… it is advertised as cbd-rich from ace

1 Like

Been honest I’m not sure what kind of smoker I’m. I quite smoke some years ago, and sometimes yeah i do smoke some, but the side effects are Paranoias and tachycardia. So I decided to run a low level THC or high CBD instead and have a try.

I have some Sinai and Turkish all ready plus a bunch of other strains coming from Therealseedcompany and also a nice handful other landraces , Morocan Gold included,so I will find something in the vault for sure, but I’m not either want that narcotic effect so i may pass,of the Moriccan or I could use a female for a cross.

I’m also trying to be away from super euforic sativas like vietnams so even i do have I’ll pass

I’ll have a look in to the vault and see what i have and what i can use.
Otherwise I’ll go for Flo .I remember had a good high with that strain

Thanks all

2 Likes

I think you have quiet experience , since i read you have vienames. I can tell you another interesting experience : I first of all dont like any far hybrids, so ist all about landrace. The main difference is the anti-confusion that you get with LAndraces, atleast the more typical/distinct ones: like indicaish Afghan, or sativaish Thai ,Vietnamese and the bunch… These are very clear in their Flash, their not like everchanging their Face, no they are in best case very slow evolving. You would also Need a old line i guess. Newer are often more stressy i guess just from look, i will tell you later. So, no confusing aspects … But now my other interesting and rare experience: i once smoked this seditative weed, it was fullon bodystone, but not with shitty confusion, same as with old Thai sativa in this regard. Slowely evolving, but this time in seditative style. This weed had just alot of Couchlock. I just couldnt move at all for about 2, 5 hours or so until the mainflash was over. Yes, sounds terrific, but it wasnt really, this weed had like said a strong absense of confusing qulities. I was just like Feeling a strong Gravity, had a very mystical feel, and that it basically was. I found it very nicely dreamy. I mean very unique. Just beeing locked from the gravity, thinking without this fear very slowly about things, sitting for 2,5 hours straight… if police came, i would had rather problems, not beeing able to even turn away… and therefore would have continously shown my stoned face. haha but that hasnt to do with the drug itselve, rather with our laws, so i dont Count this a minuspoint. I can only spekulate what it was, i quiet shure think it was just something indicaish, it was soooo couchy… Actually it wasnt so fat buds, so thats no anti-afghany Thesis, cause they have Afghan sativas…So, could been Afghan and my other guess is, it could been something Indian, or even Special sativa… i just say, it wasnt very fat bud. But again from the Feeling it showed clear indica-couchlock Qualities. I think you could like that. It had exact the absense of strong euphoria like you mentioned

2 Likes

I just stumbled onto a good blog post over at RSC’s web site, about CBD in landraces.

This actually makes so much sense to me, in hindsight. I always enjoyed imported hash more than weed back in the day (mid-80s).

5 Likes