High Times Magazine

Does anyone here have a subscription to high times magazine? I had one a couple years ago and they only sent me one of two magazines instead of 12. Fast forward to this year and i tried again. maybe in december or january and they didn’t send me a damn thing. I couldn’t find an email to complain to them so i think i’m shit out of luck. They have a contact page that says fill out a form but there’s no form to fill out. Anyone else have the same experience?

edit: i found a phone number so i’ll have to try calling.

8 Likes

I believe you can subscribe online and have access to all of their back issues going to the 70’s

2 Likes

yeah, i just prefer printed hard copies. i won’t be giving them my business anymore though.

5 Likes

Do they still have the fake bud advertisements?

3 Likes

Why even bother? That rag hasn’t been relevant in years. Better information right here.

12 Likes

coffee table conversation starter.

4 Likes

a friend had that problem back in the day and found that someone was stealing the mag from his mail. i wonder if you don’t have that going on.

3 Likes

Y’all actually read that dribble ?,?,

4 Likes

want another publication ? check-out " Maximum Yield Cannabis" great informative mag (one of the best magazines out there) Also there is “Maximum Yield” for other plants (This is were maximum yield cannabis came from) have you ever used their site (420Mag) Go to the site and message “Teddy” about your issue - he will fix it !!!

2 Likes

International Oddities brings memories with all those Fake buds on a stick and all that ground up Mullen and wild lettuce they used to peddle as “Wizards Smoke”.I always wondered who buys this shit?

2 Likes

Is there any place to buy cannabis magazines in a brick and mortar shop anymore? I checked a few grow stores and nothing. The ones I know about are below but I can’t find any in shops. I know subscriptions are available but I’d rather pay full price and pick them up at a shop. Mail gets crammed in box with no regards to what it is. If you know of other quality cannabis magazines please let me know!

• High Times - 12 per year $30
  • Maximum Yield - 6 per year $35
  • Skunk Magazine - 4 issues per year $48
  • Grow Magazine - 6 issues per year $40 (2 year for $65)
  • Cannabis Now - 6 issues per year $25

I haven’t had any of these recently and some never, so any feedback on any of the above? I know there is so much content online but sometimes I just want to be away from technology but still read about cannabis :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lol. Memory unlocked.

In high school a friend who didn’t smoke said he had some weed for me. He hands me this bag of wizard smoke and says his friend didn’t want it because it was too strong. I am so confused and explain to him this isn’t marijuana. He says he knows it isn’t marijuana, it is weed. He literally didn’t know that weed and grass were slang for marijuana. He thought they were all substances that would get you high.

So I did smoke some of it out of curiosity, and it was just what you would imagine. Like the worst Mexican weed ever. Just hot grassy nasty smoke.

4 Likes

Grow and Skunk would be the only ones I’d ever buy again.

Getting into this as an adult (2021), I used to read Reddit and bought all the magazines at Barnes and Noble. Quickly tired of High Times, Weed World and Maximum Yield. If I saw Grow or Skunk I’d actually buy a copy. Good articles here and there, but you’ll never find the depth of information you stumble across here.

My opinion of course

3 Likes

I buy it for the articles. :rofl:
playboy-typography-1

7 Likes

My buddy Joel got some of the IndaKind and I remember him trying to hoxbox a joint of it outside the Summer School bus and he puked all over the front of the Stoop gagging on a hit of it.Smelled like literal burnt lawn clippings and looked like stomped on cabbage that was forgotten in a glove compartment in Mexico for a year

1 Like

so, i placed an order for the hard copy subscription and was charged for it in October of 2022. No magazines to be seen and every possible way to contact them is useless. The charge on my account is too old to dispute. Now i just hope i don’t get another charge from them in October. major disappointment. it feels like they’re just trying to scrape together all the money they can before they disappear.

5 Likes

I thought maximum yield was free at the grow shop? I certainly never paid for one haha.

loool…ol Danny Danko yrs ago flagged a visionary who admittedly plagiarised an article on genetical drift to try enter high times…the same guy trying to report his work gave me the kryptonite and maybe to date the hardest hitting thing I’ve ever toked in over 35 yrs…you lost face the day you didn’t let that dude in…he was bringing the original kryptonite to the masses and it never got shown…high times stayed to high to see the guys that were trying to make a difference…I’ll never forget how an argument over plagiarised articles cost this breeder everything…and cost high times a valuable lesson in what we lost back then…and your right…the best high times is right here…with the real visionaries…

A handful of old High Times issues can be perused (or downloaded as an eBook or PDF) for free on Archive.org.

3 Likes