Highdeas to think about

I can’t be the only one who has thoughts here and there about how things work in the universe.

I’ll start: if we understand enough about a neutron star to know it was too small of a star to become a black hole why wouldn’t the core of a black hole be similar? If it was also some kind of quantum diamond core(nuclear spaghetti) it could be an explanation for the strange behavior making astrophysicists think they break entropy. I truly believe they don’t at all and it’s more about poor observation. We have no way to weigh and count every particle in the event horizon. To claim that the gamma ray bursts aren’t 100% efficient without actually testing the theory on a black hole would be against what we observe. If it were a material that absorbs all light around it by nature that could actually help explain it to a degree.

Gamma ray bursts eject out after the black hole feeds. That’s the only concrete fact that we do know for sure about a black hole’s behavior with entropy.

I’m fascinated by black holes solely because they appear to be the Lynchpin of the universe. Far enough away from the burst and it’s able to be capable of supporting life in that goldilocks zone. Too close and it’s barren and no signs of possible life we to form at one point. One gets big enough and the event horizon actually can host a galaxy in it’s spin. Like our own galaxy.

Long story short my highdea is about what a black holes core could be made of based on what we do know about something that formed in a very similar manner with not much less gravity than a black hole by comparison mathematically.

6 Likes

I am still trying to figure out if the light goes out when you shut the fridge

or if it is a myth

also why no light in the freezer ?

but you my friend have way deeper thoughts :slight_smile:

all the best

Dequilo

11 Likes

If youre seriously wondering…yes it does. There is a switch that gets triggered by the door lol but I’ve wondered that about freezers too…:thinking:

5 Likes

and that clears that up :wink:

but about the freezer :slight_smile:

peace and be safe

Dequilo

4 Likes

I think it comes down to how define the black hole.
If you go by the event horizon and say if “it” (anything) cannot escape back to the rest of the universe then it’s part of the black hole you have a definable boundary you can predict based on mass.
On the other hand you could say that all the mass has been reduced to a point singularity and is removed from the universe except for mass, charge and angular momentum.

The most interesting property to me is the conservation of angular momentum. Mathematically there is a limit to how much angular momentum a black hole can have.
So if you selectively fed a black hole mass with positive angular momentum you should be able to get to a point where it cannot consume anymore matter with “positive” A.M. but will accept mass with “negative” A.M.

That is weirdness to ponder. :thinking:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

the freezer!!! never even thought about that till now… and just had a natter with the missus about it… i was thinking heat output if the light stayed on inside whilst shut… someone leaving it open and defrosting quicker or light to food degradation but then she commented would a cheap light even work in that temp… its gotta be somethong like that surely…??

4 Likes

Borrow a small child and well you know the rest

3 Likes

all my chest freezers have lights

and I am cheap :slight_smile:

that is sage :wink:

5 Likes

Finally someone who thinks outside of the box a little bit with logic binding on this topic :grinning: we don’t have a way to measure the rate of a black hole consumption of the event horizon outside of math and very limited observation. My highdea was about the overall efficiency of the entropy of that consumption. Currently math says all black hole will evaporate eventually when they stop running into matter and energy. The most recent theory involving white dwarfs becoming black dwarf stars near the end of the universe’s lifespan is what sparked my highdea.

5 Likes

Yall have to be pretty stoned :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I’m pretty stoned lol I just checked my freezer it has a light… after typing this I’m wondering is this a joke I got caught up in? :laughing:

7 Likes

I can never figure out whether or not to classify glass as a solid or an emorphous solid. Why do old barn window sections have a thicker base is it because of glass being a semi liquid? And age? I was told that this is a result of cutting and placing said window…Are the molecules in glass slowly moving or are they a frozen solid? Im higher than shit and im starring at my stash jar trying to figure out, is this going to look the same in a 100 years?

4 Likes

Honestly the answer depends on the type of glass. Highly crystalline glass likely won’t ever warp in our lifetime if ever.

Likely the process of making glass in the past was why they weren’t perfectly level. Some spots would be a little thicker than the rest. If you think about it the bubbles would shift also if the glass was properly amorphous. It does however display very slight changes in structure likely having to do with light instead of a difference in solid/liquid state. Older glass could have shifted with time under the right circumstances though and that depends on how long the glass set before being installed, the level of heat exposure, if there’s hotspots from the sun as well, and how completely they melted the glass before setting. If they added anything to the glass at a later point too. Corning glass actually talks all about this on their youtube channel. Check it out if you want to learn about glass blowing and they have glassmaking facts thrown in.

5 Likes

Not as much as I used to actually. It’s been significantly easier to deal with the day when I’m not living a lie :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And here i am wondering what i will eat for lunch,what bud to smoke today,and what my next grow will be and your all contemplating quantum physics and the universe :rofl::rofl: my ole brain went for a loop just reading the thread.My highdeas are where to go fishing tomorrow and how much bud to take.

3 Likes

whatever you think… double it and you are good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Never too much if you can enjoy it! :fire: if smoking is difficult go edibles and make them strong enough to make you forget about smoking.

I got my passions back in life. Including my sense of wonder when I finally got my head back on straight. I’ve been obsessed with black holes since childhood. I read the theory of relativity mini book as often as possible as a kid. I’ve been watching small theories of mine come true for my whole life. I have no way to do anything with my ideas in the end, so it’s nice to see others share my ideas.

2 Likes

I am no expert at the subject but my understanding of black holes would leave the core looking like 2 particles spinning at the speed of light with strings of energy orbiting them. This would produce a huge ammount of centripetal force that would seperate everything within the event horizon into single strands of energy and singularities which would compound the core of spinning singularieties as well as the “cloud” surrounding it. I was under the impression that hawking radiation was caused when the strands of energy get close enough to combine and escape from the singularity. Physics is really awesome and interesting.

2 Likes

This is exactly why I made the thread :smiley: the shape I was talking about could actually have a pair of particles inside orbiting the rim. Them orbiting each other as they spun would make the middle of their encasement dip in likely.

Do we know if any part of a black hole could actually be a true black like vantablack? That would make seeing it impossible even without the intense gravity too. Highdea of the day.

But most importantly is that I also made this thread to just share ideas we all get when high. There didn’t seem to be a place for it.

Edit: what if the core was closer to a mobius strip? The behavior of supermassive black holes jet stream ejected if forced into a singularity point before being allowed to pass through and bounce back simultaneously in the form of a radiation plasma jet stream.

The hawking radiation is emitted as you described from what I understand. That’s actually the radiation emitted from the black hole being so radioactive. The intense gravity normally forces everything back, but both gravity and light move at the same speed. Eventually something will escape from the singularity whether through it or ejected for some reason. The jet streams are just destructive. So far as we’ve seen they travel in one direction destroying everything they touch. Maybe it’s possible though that they also give off a goldilocks zone for being near the jetstream and helping to contribute to life as well.

1 Like