Higher THC % than THCa %. HOW?

So I picked up a gram of concentrate(strain: Fuck The Government) at a local dispensary and when I looked at the label I noticed that the THC % is listed as being .03% higher than the listed THCa % which I didn’t understand because I thought that the THC yielded from after decarboxylating THCa would be less because it loses weight when it loses the carbon atom…using the standard .877 conversion rate the THC in a gram of wax that has 70.89%(709mg THCa) THCa should be 62.17% (613.9mg THC) can somebody help me make sense of this and help me figure out where I went wrong with my logic? :thinking:

`

3 Likes

I think they have taken some ‘liberties’ with their labeling…

by my interpretation you’ve got:
70.89% THCa
when converted to THC and added to the trace amount already there = 70.92%

This looks like it would dab nicely…

Cheers
G

5 Likes

You’ve got 70.89% THCA and you’ve got .03% D9 THC for total THC content of 70.92%.

1 Like

Thanks…that was what I was hoping you guys would have some exonerating explanation that meant it wasn’t just one more depressing indicator of how the things going legal and corporate meant the community became the industry and that would inevitably result in some culture pollution and loss of benefits associated with the underground scene. for example producers being deceptive and shady just because they didn’t want .03% THC printed on their label wouldnt be tolerated or how some breeders just steal the name of an already established cultivar and slap it on their new hybrid to ride the original’s coattails so now we have bud out there with the exact same name with entirely different lineages which basically defeats the purpose of using differentiating terminology in the first place but hey what has language ever done for anyone anyways I know personally i never use it. /endrant

…and it did dab quite nicely :blush:…really unique flavor profile that hit with a really rapid zero-to-couchlock before you’ve even had the chance to finish exhaling (potential slight minor exaggeration hyperbolic thing)

1 Like

Lies. Big fat lies.

3 Likes