Highest Possible Yield From Harvest

I’m not trying to represent an expert or anything by the way! I’ve just spent too much time looking at fancy LEDs which quite frankly aren’t going to help when they’re impossible for a hobby grower to afford. Fun to look at though!

Yeah man. If you ask me (and I’m weird) yield is one of the least important concerns.

Journey, not destination, you know?

4 Likes

Man I just wanna get high :joy: that’s it for me. I can be perfectly content with a low-ish yielding strain which has a high that lasts for 6 hours.

1 Like

And lower potency can be very nice too. Cheers

Just grew out some that are a bit lower than what I’m used to and I’m finding them quite nice! Agreed. Cheers.

Last thing I want to mention about Fohse as a company which set them apart from other companies. 99% of the companies out there have sales pages set up so that you can purchase lights as you please. You can create all the light plans, thermal management, etc.

Fohse is set up so you can’t even purchase a unit without talking to a sales rep, who will undoubtedly make sure that the customer is getting set up in a proper way. This is an expensive company like the Rolls Royce of LEDs. The a3i is about 900w more than the average fixture these days (most 4x4 fixtures are around 650w). That’s really saying something without knowing a single thing about the company. Their base product is almost 60% stronger than anything else on the market.

I have a Mars hydro SP6500 and I haven’t seen a light yet that compares in terms of ‘brightness’. It’s literally singed plants with photons before I figured out the distance. The a3i pushes about 3x the light output.

Not a Fohse fanboy just like I’m not into Rolls Royce. They’re beautiful and I can appreciate them for what they are, but they aren’t for me.

2 Likes

This wouldn’t do jack for a 1m square canopy depending on the footprint of the light, except maybe side illuminate the areas adjacent to the canopy. Seems more like a “nice to have” than groundbreaking LED illumination technology.

Unfortunately this company decided to hide their technical specifications behind webforms and emails, and I don’t feel like getting any marketing emails, so I have no idea of the light’s dimensions.

1 Like

I hear ya. It’s frustrating, but they do that to weed out 99% of the inquiries from individuals who likely can’t afford a light. They’re looking to do business with other businesses who can afford to drop 100k+ on lighting.

I’ll just say this:
Fohse a3i - 1500w - Up to 4970 umol/s
Mars Hydro SP6500 - 650w - Up to 1819 umol/s

BUT light is just 1 factor of happy healthy plants.

Yeah like @lophophora.ca said hiding behind layers before you get tech specs is suspicious.

Also I don’t ever want to talk to a salesman ever. I go “I want this here is money.” And that’s the end of the interaction.

I am in the market for a new light so this is neat at least.

5 Likes

The whole point of Fohse is that it ISN’T designed for a 1m square canopy. It’s designed for a warehouse. It’s not ‘nice to have’ when you have a huge ass room to light up. Sure you could physically angle fixtures sideways but not only does that sound incredibly unsafe… think about the hardware that would require. Fohse fixed it by making the LEDs pivot. It’s not groundbreaking or anything it’s just common sense imo. More bar fixture lights need this feature if you ask me.

I do that six times daily until I get both ratchets just right. The hardware is trival. The mass manufacturing is my barrier to entry.

Just like Coca-Cola hiding it’s recipe from the general public? :wink: I totally hear you though. Sometimes it’s nice to get info without having to talk to someone to get it.

Are you doing this in a tent by chance or is this 12+ feet in the air? I think this is the tent vs warehouse example. Practical in a tent? Sure. Moving 20+ lights that are hanging from structural supports in a warehouse? Hmm… :face_with_monocle:

Edit - Been a while since I looked at Fohse. It looks like they’re trying to gap into the hobby market. Looks like the Aries is a 640w fixture designed for home growers. Interesting!

1 Like

On the topic of strains…

Mango Smile x 24 Carat

The grow space is exactly one square metre, but I only employ about 17 square inches for the pot and the 10"x12" 94W LED panel.

Bit early to say, but I’d say this plant will do 112g. Looks really close to the Fog Dog I grew in the same space.

Fog Dog

Now I’m sure more wattage would have made more bud, but I don’t know if I would hit 1750g/m2.

5 Likes

Looks awesome! You’re a shining example of someone who doesn’t need Fohse to put out stellar bud! Bravo friend bravo!

2 Likes

I think the point was of trying to find a strain I can dial in like this, and not have to have a 40k setup to do so. The thought that this could only be achieved through crop steering, and other magic tricks, means that only select genetics, and modern manipulation are at hand, not that it’s a bad thing, but I just would like to see if it’s possible with just there light alone.

3 Likes

Oh back on topic eh?

It’s hard for me to say because I often run different plants in the same footprint so apples to apples is a challenge.

Everyday Haze and a White Widow (not all of them). Huge yielders.

2 Likes

I beg your pardon but results like these are only achievable with our proprietary photons. Our light penetrates more deeply not only due to its charm but patented LD technology.

5 Likes

And in the beginning, Fohse said, let there be photons, and there were photons.

5 Likes

One need only believe… :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Lol. Nice.

2 Likes

What happens to the billion photons that enter our eyeballs? Do these massless particles just disappear into our brains?

3 Likes