Hoku Seed Company Genetics ( anyone got them )

Man they have a bunch of really interesting offering.

I will say though alot of his offerings do seem to be on the wilder side.

Like a landrace crossed with a hybrid, so the offspring is still rather landrace if we are getting f2s :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks to @deeez99 I am currently trying out some Congoz V, a Congolese sativa hybrid that should show significant ratios of THC:THCV and hopefully some CBd/CBG as well, all three sprouted easy and are growing very vigorously so far:

8 Likes

See that’s what’s so appealing to me! I really like how Floyd mixes landrace selections with very inbred hemp or other lines, it seems like he prefers working with either higher Fgens or very raw wild genetics and skipping the polyhybrid middle a lot

4 Likes

ok I am a noobie, sorry for replying seven days later LOL.

a higher f gen would be a more stable plant?

and what is a poly hybrid? a single cross?

1 Like

Aw i was just about to read that XD

Sorry accidentally deleted it LOL

Basically a poly hybrid is two hybrids crossed

F gens can make a plant more stable through selection.

2 Likes

@deeez99 I was finally able to find some good lineage information on the Congoz V that I wanted to share back to you:

Kwik Seeds Palmera

Genetics: African (‘Congo’) IBL
Type: Sativa-type
Aroma: Mango, guava, ripe fruit
Indoors: 8 to 9 weeks
Outdoors: September

Developed from a Sativa heirloom from the Canary Islands of Spain, Palmera has roots in African (‘Congo’) varieties.

Seeds stored in 2004 yielded several females rich in THCV, a trait which is now well stabilized.

A fast Sativa-type strain at 60 days of flowering, harvested in September outdoors.

Flowers are richly aromatic and resinous, with very sweet aromas of mango, guava, and ripe fruit. Resin obtained from this variety is a real delicacy.

Sales will be used to continue working the variety to eliminate unwanted traits such as hermaphroditism.

Kunduz D F3

This is from Prime Wellness in PA, great looking caregivers:

“Kunduz D was first introduced to the prime product line in August 2018, making this hybrid one of the earliest cultivars in our library. The history of this strain reaches as far as Afghanistan, where its Indica-dominant genetics were hand-selected. This cultivar, pronounced “koon-doose,” actually shares its name with the city in Northern Afghanistan. Naming a strain based on geographic origin is typical practice for landrace strains.

Our Kunduz phenos (Kunduz IBL (D) x Marie Laveau) were crossed from Marie Laveau, a garlic-flavored Indica that’s played a critical role in our in-house breeding program. The “IBL” descriptor in the Kunduz IBL (D) parent’s name stands for “inbred line,” meaning that this parent plant produces offspring with consistent phenotypes or expressions. The “D” nomenclature was assigned to this Kunduz parent to distinguish it as the mother plant, or genetic source from which identical Kunduz plants are cloned. Our growers originally propagated four different “Kunduz” versions, labeled “A” through “D.” Patients may remember Kunduz B was one of the earliest releases in our strain library. The D line was ultimately designated as the best carrier of the most desirable Kunduz traits, as evident in our #13 Tree Sap pheno and #11 Chocolate Swamp Pheno- strong trichome coverage and resin-producing glands, terpene and cannabinoid potency, complex flavors of pine.

Novel Flavors:

After the cultivation and curing stages are completed, our team moves on to the process of creating batch notes. Before shipping out our hand-trimmed premium whole flower, prime team members write custom batch notes for each product shipment that leaves our facility. These batch notes outline product details such as variations in concentrate color and texture, as well as flower structure and aromas.

During previous batch note sessions, the Kunduz D #11 cultivar was dubbed our Chocolate Swamp pheno. A more limited offering in our production lineup, the chocolate swamp pheno is characterized by the intriguing mix of flavors it takes on after our careful curing process – highlighted by notes of musty basement, chocolate, and wasabi. Nicknamed our Tree Sap pheno, the #13 flower packs some of the most distinctive flavors in our prime library. Our latest batch features aromas reminiscent of pine sap, beach towel, and cantaloupe.”

Marie Laveau

Lineage: Big Poppa (Garlic) OG x Lashkar Gah White 91. Top Terpenes: B-Myrcene, D-Limonene, B-Caryophyllene. Description: Kush-like flowers with spiky calyxes and layers of flavor ranging from garlic to gasoline.

6 Likes

@BeTheLight no worries dude! Here’s some good infographics from Dutch Passion that might help sort some of the basics for you:

https://dutch-passion.com/en/blog/what-are-f1-f2-s1-cannabis-seeds-n1057

And then this article by Floyd is pretty essential to understanding how he and other breeders discuss cannabinoid ratios and genetics in the modern vernacular:
the-future-of-cannabis-genetics-13-638

5 Likes

Congoz V seedlings courtesy of @deeez99 I can’t wait to sex these, hoping for a male and two females so I can reproduce them and return the generosity with a share back. I may plant them in a small group together outdoors this summer, not sure yet exactly. They seem likely to be super robust with the Congolese Afghanistan genetics

10 Likes

Hell yea @Dirt_Wizard! Thanks for the info. The aromas are definitely dominant from the Congo side based on those descriptions and pretty spot on I’d say.

Plants are looking nice so far :+1: In hindsight I wish I had kept the one male I had to also make some F2s. I did feel this is a plant that does better with a longer veg time as the yields were med to low, at least with the one I grew.

Floyd did send his Kunduz D F4 as a freebie when I purchased the Sweet Mango V. Not sure I’ll get to it this season but it’s very tempting just to experience how that side of all his V crosses comes out.

Thanks for sharing all the info!

2 Likes

I’m doing my best over here, they’re beasts! Have to start looking for sex pretty soon with how fast they’re moving compared to everything else:

6 Likes

Hey those are moving right along and looking very nice :+1: Fingers crossed for a future relationship between those two :wink:

2 Likes

If I can make it happen I sure will! I’ll have to isolate the male and pull pollen but I’m up for it, I need to get good at that so I can make seeds every run in a smaller and more controlled way. I might clone them first before the flip as well, if for nothing else than to have some clones to give away for OD in a month

2 Likes

Nice 420 sale today.

4/20 SALE—24 HOURS ONLY— USE CODE: HAPPY420 FOR 42% OFF ALL HOKU SERIES SEEDS, INCLUDING SAMPLER PACKS AND BARGAIN BIN

NEW OZ SERIES DROP TODAY - - - G2 KUSH, ALLIUM OG, AND SHIVA’S NECTAR

BARGAIN BIN NOW LIVE - - - $1/SEED ANY QUANTITY TYPE 1 REGS

5 Likes

Welp, had to order some THCV work for such a deal!!

2 Likes

Heck yeah what all did you grab !!!

I’m growing some Syrian V’s right now. They are quite nice . very vigorous.

Sitting on Some Eraser V crosses too. Hoku is the way !

5 Likes

Sweet mango V and affie taffie x Syrian! Should be anything from 5:1 to 2:1

3 Likes

Syrian V :eyes:

yeeee theres alot going on in there srry XD , a crowded two photos indeed.

5 Likes

Curious how the Congoz finished up and your thoughts on final product? I have a pack of them and a few other mixed ratio things from Floyd to search for medicine.

2 Likes