🤯 Holy Carp! It's Pigeonman's 2023 OuTdOoRs ThReAd!

Oh I love it @Pigeonman what a paradise!

Can’t wait to see your grow for this year!

5 Likes

Your lupins are rocking almost got full bloom. I always cheered to get every single blossomed bloomed at the same time at least a day before degrade. Best can do in my part of the world is snap dragons. Sounds like a great convention international film labs. Is it about making movies or using film in general? Getting your steps in👍

3 Likes

@420noob

Our intention for this gathering is to create spaces and situations for artist-run labs, collectives, and filmmakers to share with and learn from each other through collaboration and conversation.

The gathering is centered around the theme Analogue Resilience. Analogue, to invoke the material qualities of the film medium, as well as an embodied way of working. Resilience, in reference to the continued vitality of this form of filmmaking; and to the community of people whom filmmaking survives through, who continue this practice in contexts and locations in which they encounter resistance.

The film labs gathering will involve a variety of programs, including workshops, discussions and demonstration sessions that registered participants can sign up for during the gathering.

5 Likes

Fucking A man! I’m a bit envious of you right now.lol. It sounds like a lot of exhausting days but obviously you love it! Always seem to be helping people or someone at any given time.

3 Likes

What is money maker? A tomato? And any fishies in those ponds? I too am envious of your yard since moving to this damn condo my Greenthumb (outdoor anyway ) has been severely restricted sadly. I think I’m just gonna get a million pots and line my deck and my little patio area even though light isn’t ideal back there threads like yours get me itchin

5 Likes

A tomato, yes!

No. When i had them it drew in too many predators that did damage trying to eat the fish. They are now primarily water sources for the same predators and more!

Amazing! This is what i did until i got the space. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I finally redirected one of the downspouts to the front which never gets enough water and now i just need it to rain! :rofl:

It’s all tilted towards the street so the metal bin will overflow into the garbage bin which will overflow into the lawn. When I get another barrel it’ll divert into the barrel and then via a small overflow hole will then fill the metal bin via the side. :+1:

13 Likes

We are all waiting for rain. Might be waiting awhile. :rofl:

2 Likes

I JUST got slammed with a :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: !!!

5 Likes

Buckets at the ready Buckets at the ready.

2 Likes

Ha now that’s perfect timing lmao! Ready to rock and roll.

2 Likes

Same here. Don’t know what y’all are talkin bout.
:yum:

1 Like

Well that’s pretty damn smart! :thinking: I love it!

1 Like

UPD8!!!

THE PLANTS ARE HAPPIER FOR THE RAIN AND SLIGHT COOL DOWN!!!

Front yard espalier apple tree:

Florida Ditch Weed 1:

Texada Timewarp 1:

Manitoba Poison 1:

Buddha’s Cane S1:

Queen Mother Sativa:

Butternut Squash. The corn didn’t end up making it (:man_shrugging:).

Everyone loves the 'ol watering hole!

Florida Ditch Weed 2:

Manitoba Poison 2:

Kale, Collard Greens and Raspberries.

UK Cheese:

Texada Timewarp 2:

Tomatos; Rodade & Moneymaker.

Hazelnut 1:

Hazelnut 2:

Hops!!!

My grove: White Grapefruit, Rub Red Grapefruit, Calamondin Orange, Makrut Lime, PawPaw(s), sickly Bay Lauriel (it dried out in the winter and I’m hoping for the best :crossed_fingers: )

Tomatos and Kale needing to be planted. I’m gonna just toss these in the ground wherever I find space at this point :rofl: .

Water lily tub.

Hummingbird sage!

:v:

31 Likes

that queen mother seems real happy in the ground, she’s taking off :rocket:

3 Likes

Had to go reading about that hummingbird sage.
Now I want some! Gonna have to see if I can find it. I love flowering perennials that attract pollinators! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Your yard and plants look amazing👍
I’ve always wanted to put a small pond in my yard. Maybe. I have heavy clay soil so no fun digging :confused:

3 Likes

Me too! It’s root bound and I need to split it up but have yet to do so lol. I hope you find it as it smells amazing!

Have any friends nearby that’ll dig and smoke with ya? :wink:

3 Likes

Good idea :bulb:
As long as they keep digging after we smoke.
I think the window for digging in my yard is right after the frost comes out of the ground and the clay is soft. So end of March early April

2 Likes

Your yard looks awesome. :sunglasses:

4 Likes