Holy's Garden (Part 1)

I’ll tell you one thing and that’s if you get real Malawi seeds they’ll be big and black … I mean like double the size of normal seeds … that’s how we’d know we had real Malawi back in the days after it started fading out … was from the seeds. When the Malawi cobs used to come in they’d be riddled with seeds … big and black. I’ll check what I got left and put something together for you

17 Likes

A friend gave me a large bag of real seed company Malawi buds a year ago that was deceptively potent. Very electric / up / clear “sativa” high on that one. Supposedly it never stopped flowering also. Zero bag appeal and very low odor but some strong creeper stuff.

10 Likes

That sounds about right … zero bag appeal … no smell or at least just a vague mint with bush lol… but yeah that shit fucks you up

8 Likes

No bag appeal huh? This was the Malawi I had in Oregon this time 2 years ago

Was the best flower I had there hands down. This all day

But blissful/euphoric too. I miss that stuff :sob:

24 Likes

:joy::joy::sob: yeah we never got nothing like that :joy::joy:

8 Likes

Ya that looks nothing like what I had. Mine that my friend gave me was fairly leafy scraggly foxtaily buds.

5 Likes

Can’t speak to the straight Malawi but the pan/mal has zero traditional bag appeal but it’ll hit you hard.

I had this conversation with a friend of mine recently about how he’s after the dense crystally “kush” because that’s what good weed is. I told him that he’s been conditioned to believe that. Traditional bag appeal weed can be awesome too but there’s a huge spectrum/variety and some of the best weed I’ve ever had would be considered ugly by his standards.

9 Likes

Looolz my early smoking years

20 Likes

For sure anything towards pure sativa isn’t going to have that Cookies bag appeal but… if you know what you’re looking at, there is still a ton of bag appeal to see. It’s just a different set of traits that standout as dank, compared to the dense kush or cookies type flowers. Like that malawi cob :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

I recognize the bag appeal of thin wispy wicked foxtails. Your average consumer though does not.

It’s just which lens you choose to view it from :+1:

6 Likes

Makes me wonder if they still have the cut :thinking:

15 Likes

Not exactly on point but similarly weird:

21 Likes

probably the same reason we go from blue to red and back every 4 years, everything is either the greatest or the worst everything else is just not stimulating anymore.

3 Likes

Most old school Malawi was grown outdoors and it’s buds doesn’t look the same as if you acclimatise a cultivar to indoor, add some selection on that and you got something quite different in just a couple of generations.

The Malawi buds you posted @HolyAngel looks like a pheno in Ace. I don’t know if it’s the killer pheno, but it have denser, more structured buds, like some haze phenos have. But what you mostly find in Ace Malawi is the “hydra” pheno with multiple long spears stacked with large bract foxtails and large fan leafs poking out.

The TRSC Malawi Gold is a more extreme expression of the “hydra” pheno.

Both of these cultivars have had good strong terp profiles. When they are cured they definitely give of an awesome aroma when cracking the yar. They both got that generic tangy cannabis smell as a base with different phenos going in lemon/sandal wood/sweet directions. My favorite Ace Malawi pheno is the sweet Carrot pheno and it’s a “hydra”.

Pz :v:t2:

11 Likes

I love the use of the clear plastic rooting plug trays. I’ve been scoping them out on amazon. I like the idea of being able to see if roots have popped yet without having to pull the plug out of the tray.

Edit: Oh nice didn’t realize that it came as a nice little kit. Thanks for the link I am probably going to buy one lol. Is that a referral link you posted so that you get a commission on all purchased items haha? Probably not a bad idea in the future lol.

6 Likes

I have a Purple Malawi x PCK (Ace) going outdoors now. She’s a tree.

6 Likes

No referral link :sweat_smile: but that is a good idea. Not sure i’d personally bother with that but yeah lol

Thanks for the info @LonelyOC :relaxed:

That violetta is looking beautiful out there @Puffalo ! albeit, I think it looks a bit like kush. Can tell the pure Malawi is trying to come through her though. Looking forward to seeing what she puts out!

7 Likes

I’m curious to see what happens. I’m perfect with whichever way she goes as long as she gets there

4 Likes

Could you point me to your Violetta? I grew some F2’s out a few years ago. I loved it, one of my kids brought it back, made him too jittery, lol!

3 Likes

Did it look anything like this?

26 Likes