Holy's Garden (Part 1)

@HolyAngel

Revisited the Chem D tonight . With 30 day cure now .

In growth she was absolutely nothing like the TK we have the same TK I imagine you’re seeing the same thing. she was a much shorter bush here. I see no similarities in these two in my tent in my opinion.

she is loud and stinks but it’s one dimensional and I can’t describe it other than like dank dirty basement. her high comes on fast and quick it’s very narcotic but like her smell is extremely one-dimensional. for me the high is dull and boring. heavy and dirty I have others that are much better.

I have bud that is bright and smooth and tasty and packs the same punch. I was correct in not keeping her.

I think our tastes are fairly similar I’ve read everything you said on TK and although you like it more than I do I pretty much agree with everything you say. I told you the skunk tangerine could be used for torture I’m curious as to your take on the D, I won’t run it again.

11 Likes

Ugh… you guys seriously making me wanna just toss the D in the compost at day 5 of flower :see_no_evil: all that hype of the :goat: and then we hear these things from multiple people about it.

The skunk tangerine is un-smokable imo. The high is nice, but I can’t get past the flavor. Thinking dry ice sift the whole plant. Or maybe make bubble, whichever way will have less flavor :joy:

12 Likes

@HolyAngel

whatever you do, dont make rosin from her then try n smoke it…just dont :poop:…i chunked it all

8 Likes

Sucks you are so far away, I would pick it up in a second.
Imagine that same intense skunkiness with grape instead of orange… that is exactly what the GDP I knew and loved smelled and tasted like… as though a skunk that had eaten grape jam squirted its spray in yo mouf :joy::drooling_face::yum: Man I want that GDP cut. Hey Holy, if you are going to have your dad kill your ST, maybe we can work out a trade? I’d grow her again if I had her back.

5 Likes

Lol yeah idk about that. Armpit grape doesn’t sound any better than armpit menthol-orange :joy:

Idk why anyone would keep this plant but each to his own I guess. I can see about getting a clone going for ya tho.

The only other plant I’ve had around as bad tasting as this was Cheetah Piss. I imagine that’s exactly what the flavor is :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Alright @minitiger I’m doing the thing finally!!

Just gonna go on a roll, any that don’t make it will be replaced with whatever pack of yours I grab next, Mountain Temple and/or The Fuzz :wink: Thanks again for these beans! @Jamescoldflame Thank you too!! I’m hoping these Mendo Sunshine’s make it. If I still have room I’ll get into those C99 F4’s you sent me too :heart: Then its black river time!

In other news, here’s some more shots of the Chem#4 I’m running at day 60 @herojuana.tom

And lowers

I’m pretty sure she’s right but :man_shrugging:

Swiss Thai Nevil 2 x NH21 x MM - Day 43

I’m in love with this plant. She’s got all the right looks and smells. Like my C5SensiStar girl on steroids! Very complex scents. Incense and sandalwood standout the most right now :drooling_face:

And in final news, the AJ Sour Diesel cut.

Don’t mind the SSDD F2 #1 leaf encroaching on her :sweat_smile: Think this might be the “newer cut he came back to the scene with” with all the variegation on it :thinking: again tho :man_shrugging: no real idea. Gonna take clones soon and then work on flowering her out to see. Thanks again for this cut mystery man :sunglasses:

32 Likes

Daaaang hope the tree of life germs nicely! That jack cut seems to make winners with every male - lav jack, herer HP, etc all are highly praised. Mendo sunshine too :fire:

11 Likes

Gorgeous chem4 Holy! I can’t wait for a smoke report. And that AJ’s may be a contested cut that is known for being finicky but I really really liked the finished buds. For me she preferred a little lower light intensity to get rid of her variegation

7 Likes

Yeah I’m hoping so too. Everything I’ve seen from them has looked and sounded great! I’m technically hoping for as little jack as possible tho :sweat_smile: I haven’t had a good jack since 2005 and that stuff came out Golden with a glorious daytime, hazy-euphoric type, high. Not motivating but definitely life-is-good, shit. Functional. That jack cut actually worries me a bit from the talk on the Lavender Jack cut and some other’s, but could just be those particular selections :thinking: idk… I was going over dispo menus last night and found this:
:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: That is NOT the correct lineage :see_no_evil:
But would explain some shit if someone remade it like that :thinking:
Super Skunk = Skunk1 x AfgT
Here’s what Nevil said about Jack Herer:

I’m actually expecting to see more SSH type throwbacks from this cross. Jack x (SSH x WW) should give more C5, or maybe even CSkunk, types than straight jack type plants, but just have to see :thinking:

Yeah that one should definitely have some dank flavors, I’m excited! lol

Thanks bro! Hopefully smoke report comin early 2024. She should be coming down on January 7th or 8th if she goes 84 days :thinking:

Interesting! I’ll keep that in mind for sure :thinking:

18 Likes

I get that kind of effect from lavender jack - not super potent but really nice euphoric put you in a good headspace. I like it as a daytime high, and it’s nice at night too - I found it a “pattern disrupter”… found myself loading up a new video game and digging in rather than doing the usual watch TV zone out pass out that lazier indicas influence. I think the wookie might temper the potency some and adds a relaxing component to it, but I wouldn’t consider it lazy bud by any means, at least the pheno going around. I bet with the temple male you’ll see more up effects - and yeah probably a cool mix of SSH traits all around - jack was kinda the proto- SSH, NL skunk and haze. F2s would probably be cool to explore to see all the variations on them.

9 Likes

Is this your first time trying a cross w/ Bodhi’s SSDD male? Interested to hear your take on it when the time comes in comparison to ‘pure’ SSDD.

7 Likes

That’s pretty interesting :thinking: That sounds better to me than what I’ve been reading about it. Everything I’ve been reading about Nobody’s Lavendar Jack cut made it sound like there’s a lot of indica effects in there and not really any haze effects to speak of. Hell, his literal plain Jack Herer cut sounds like that too :joy: And now that I think about it, basically every description I’ve ever read from a cut Nobody has ever selected and put out there all sound like evening weed to me. He seems to select for narcotic effects, lazy after-high, etc. Even the Church and the bh7 cuts don’t sound like functional daytime haze to me :confused: They sound like stuff I’d have to smoke on the weekend or after work when I don’t have anything to do.

It’s why I dropped all my Doc D gear, save for his Lemon Thai work. Damn near everything else sounded like indica to me and that’s not what I’m looking for unfortunately.

It is actually! I’ve seen quite a bit of the crosses but yeah, never grown one myself. I’ve only ever grown the pure SSDD F1/F2/F3’s so far.

11 Likes

I know for the 3 Lav Jacks that I sampled I probably took them 2 weeks too late, but they did have a more calm mellow relaxing buzz. Reminded me a lot of Sun Ra, only Sun Ra (SFV x W15) was more uplifting and “sativa”. If I took the Lav Jacks earlier who knows what they would have been like.

NN’s cut is just one pheno that he selected so hard to read too much into what the Jack H mother is like from that.

My “sativa” looking Lav jack trichome shots - 2 weeks before I actually harvested it.

20 Likes

Yeah, that. An SFV OG x Wookie cross should NOT in any way feel more sativa than a Jack Herer cross. That just makes me sad reading that… lol

He has a straight up Jack Herer cut too, but i’m not positive on the relation in terms of that cross.

Trichomes look nice!

9 Likes

Ahh, I just assumed the LJ cut was a standout in terms of terpene profile, taste, “good effect”, and it appears to be quite photogenic. Over and over when reading about that cut I’ve noticed people mention how overpowering the smell is in a tent full of elites. I’ve never spoken with him though so I have no idea how much Jack he perceives to be coming through. Your concerns may be valid though, hopefully the temple super charges it in the right direction!

10 Likes

Yup I havent found the lav jack to be an indica effect by any means. Its not a racey clean the house in a manic fit effect… but cerebral, good mood inducing, euphoric etc. Makes me talkative and is a very functional effect in lower doses. To be clear - I tend to have a low tolerance and usually take 1-2 modest hits for daytime usage, and evening a bit more. Maybe smoking a lot of it would bring more heavy indica effects - I find that the case for most sat hybrids.

I like it more than blue dream because its a clearer high without a crash, blue dream always makes me tired. The church and bh7 are good daytime too for my usage, but suuuper spacey so not as functional. I found them lazy at night too - great movie weed - super in the zone, relaxed but not sleepy.

9 Likes

Well see, now that lavender jack sounds okay. What I’d want in a jack cross, but I’m smoking pretty heavily over here. Least a couple grams of TK to the face every day when I have it. Otherwise maybe a bit more of anything else lol. Every 2 hours or so during a work day is a few chillums to maintain pain relief and whatnot.

10 Likes

Well why did you tag me in some random thread about that first?!? Haha. I was like,”Wait, what is this? Whose thread is this? Am I following something inadvertently???” haha.

Anyway, yeah, that’s cool. I loved those Tree of Life plants, very good weed, although I dunno if I’d have sent those to you had I known then what I know about you now haha. No preconceived notions or ideas about how weed is “supposed” to smoke is my only suggestion.

Ordinarily, I’d say go Mountain Temple and then The Fuzz, but since you seem so keen on that TK, you may wanna try The Fuzz first. That shit was POWERFUL.

But that’s only because the high on that Church cut is like a,”Fuck work and fuck functioning; I think I’d rather just enjoy my life…” haha. That Church is technically “functional,” it’s not gonna make you take a nap or anything.

The #7 might be too “spacy” to qualify as functional, but it’s not sleepy or lazy or anything, either.

Nahhhh, dude, not at all. I think you’re relying on the opinions of other people on the internet too much haha. You need to grow that shit out yourself to find out. The Purple Corinto cross that I grew wasn’t “Indica.” The Santa Cruz Pure Haze cross wasn’t, either. The Bandaid Hazes weren’t, either (three of them weren’t, anyway haha). Lots of good stuff there, but I guess it doesn’t matter now, since you got rid of it all haha.

I’m not sure I’d look for “super-Sativa”-type stuff in those Lemon Thai hybrids, though. I haven’t grown any of those yet, but I’ve definitely blazed a lot of straight Lemon Thai and it was never any sorta “racy” smoke. It wasn’t lazy, either, but I never wanted to get up and, like, clean the house after smoking it haha.

Says who? Seriously. Says who? Straight SFV has a pretty rushy comeup, so I wouldn’t be surprised if a hybrid of it smoked a little “edgier” or “Sativa-ish” than a Jack hybrid.

I think you’re blazing too much of that TK haha. Maybe it’s time to switch it up a little bit… haha.

Edit: I did grow that Malibu Pure x Lemon Thai a while back, forgot about that. She was not “Indica”-type smoke haha.

8 Likes

lol I’ve spent a lot of time smoking the precursors of these crosses, growing some of them, and literally spent decades of my life reading about them, so that’s why my preconceived notions. If it’s named one thing it should have the effects of that or those things. If i wanted different effects than the thing is originally named after, I would’ve grown something else. I’m open to new possibilities though, but if i’m growing jack anything i’d be looking for a straight haze leaner. idk what to tell you there.

Yeah I was thinking The Fuzz first too but the Tree of Life’s came out first so that’s what I went with. Left it to fate there lol. And I’m more familiar with the TOL’s parents than I am The Fuzz. I kinda wanted to get these Chem’s down and figured out first before I started The Fuzz just so I kinda have an idea of what I’m looking at.

Again, I’ve spent more than a lot of time reading your guy’s and other’s opinions. On everything. When a bunch of people who feel the same way as me about things feel a certain way about something I haven’t had yet, you can kinda draw some conclusions, you know? I’m not just willy nilly dee-de-dee going on opinions as fact here. I still grew out the Skunk Tangerine even tho I suspected I’d be tossing it, which I did. Am currently trying to find a way to at least use some of it rather than compost it but the taste is so bad :see_no_evil: And I still have the Chem D going now knowing I’m probably going to toss that too based on the opinions from a few people here. I suspected it the day I got the cut. They’ve only reinforced my initial thoughts, but here we are, still growing it because I need to grow it our for myself and see. The chance of me not feeling the same or very similar about it is gonna be so damn slim as to be non-existent.

Purple Corrinto is ear marked for a particular trade so I can’t grow that.
I never got the santa cruz pure haze
I traded the bandaid’s to @vagabond_windy so it’s not like they’re gone forever :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: We both got stuff we wanted out of that trade so I’m not complaining.

Yeah I’m not expecting that. Lemon Thai isnt’ pure Thai, its more like lemon skunk x thai. Same way Super Lemon Haze isn’t generally up either. Regardless, the Lemon Thai blends well with the TK and other things. I have the TKLT and the LT F5’s now so can maybe do something there. But I’m not expecting some crazy sativa type plant. They dont even look like that at all.

The genetics says it imo. The only reason it’s not if it isn’t, is because someone selected it differently later. Idk why anyone would pick a non-haze leaning plant out a Jack Herer (NL5Haze x SkunkHaze) line to use and continue calling things Jack. The whole point of that line was less NL and more sativa. but whatever, people can do what they want and power to them. I love reading and seeing about this stuff, but I’m not gonna unknowingly grow anything like that myself if i can help it. Idk how you pick out seeds to run but I generally am looking for effects. I look at my list like hmm I want some daytime up stuff, let me pick a pack or two that should be that. Based on the genetics… If I spent months growing out what should be a haze plant and get a bunch of evening/nighttime weed, i’m gonna be pretty unimpressed to say the least…

Actually been out for almost two months now :cry: got a little over two weeks to go before chop on January 1st. I’ve mainly been smoking on Bubba lately and the SSDD that just came down.

17 Likes

I don’t know if this interesting to you, but there is a cultivar here in EU which goes by Sweet Cinnamon which is known as the “old school JH”. It’s not fruity at all which most modern JH is, it’s very spicy with some incense “warmness/fullness”.

Pz :v:t2:

8 Likes