Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Honestly I think the big one I ran on the last run in a 1 gallon fabric pot hermed in late flower too and seeded everything🙈

This run she is a bit stressed being “root-bound” in 1/2 gallon pot… but this is flood and drain hydro in a fabric bag. Shouldn’t really be an issue.

The other plants are in the same pots and not having any issues. Chem4, chem91 in the 3x3 have been in the same 1/2gal pots too and no issues there. No issues with the TK or my ssdd f2 #1 girl. Only the bubba is throwing balls/nanners :confused:

Technically yeah. The story of the creation of bubba kush is bubba herming on OG Kush to make it.

11 Likes

I do think bubba has that in it - csis bubba crosses usually have some lower balls. Panama red x bubba had a few late low balls, and current sfv x bubba had some instability too. The sfv bubbas have the big calyx at the bottom of the buds that like to sprout a couple nanners.

8 Likes

Never grown the Berger cut YET, but grew pre-98 for many many moons, and katsu for a couple runs too, the katsu threw sacs, EVERYTIME. Pre-98 not once, ever , even stressed or light leaked….

7 Likes

Had balls on the Berger cut half way up the plant this run :see_no_evil:

9 Likes

I’m going to run em side by side in the near future, probably with a few crosses to get the katsu in there. Have been looking for her to run all three but no go on the katsu. So weird she balled out so much :man_facepalming:t2: now I’m EXTREMELY curious

7 Likes

I am not sure I believe that story about the Bubba… Weed labelled as “Kush” came to my town in the high desert of California in 1985 that looked and smelled exactly like what is now called Bubba Kush, the smell is quite unique and delicious and so is its spiky look, so this guys story of how he created it in Florida the 90’s seems suspect to me :raised_hands:

9 Likes

Ive ran the berger bubba cut several times in 1 gallon pots and never had a herm on it.

9 Likes

She doesn’t like wet feet or something :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Idk. I bottom feed daily and my pots never dry out. They are always heavy and moist.

6 Likes

That was PJ’s work , LED Seedz Grass Monkey . A Jack Bx x Starfighter IBL .

4 Likes

ah that’s right. Basically same I’m doing but I’ve actually been letting them get dried back pretty well between waterings lately as I figured that might actually help :thinking: I could definitely increase the flood rate to be closer to what I had it. Might help :man_shrugging: She gets another run and I’ll make a decision, but she’s already a bit too temperamental for my tastes…

8 Likes

I’ve only run it once, in a 1 gallon. No intersex.

6 Likes

Could’ve just been the plant wasn’t happy to begin with. I figured she’d grow out of it. Didn’t really expect her to herm at all. The next one is doing good tho so I’ll get her uppotted and kept happy and see. The more I think about it the more I just wanna toss her tho :sweat_smile: My other plants don’t do this regardless of anything.

10 Likes

The chem91 has had even worse conditions than the bubba has had on either of these run’s and she seems completely stable in it :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Could have been one random slip up, accident etc. glad you are re-running her though so you’ll know for sure. That’s why I hate deciding from one run, BUT it’s so hard to rerun stuff you question trust me I know all too well. But the pedigree alone makes her worthy of another shot imho.

4 Likes

I grow in hydro and water 5x a day!

3 Likes

Chem91 on my end seemed super stable too, my first try at it was hillariously bad. It fully ate itself on transplant and flip to flower, turned green and flowered out without any balls. Couldnt think of a more stressful grow ha.

9 Likes

Sounds like my 1st and 2nd run…currently running it the 3rd. Hoping to keep it from eating itself like @HolyAngel

Edit: no nanners both times!

6 Likes

it’s weird that we’ve all had nuts show up on the same plants, but guess it just highlights environmental stressors can present in different ways. The Chem 91 had a few small nanners for me, no where like the Chem D. I only found 2-3 on the whole plant. Bubba was rock solid for me, didn’t find a single yellow banana.

I only smelled gas/diesel on the Chems when I cut them down, like hanging around in the air afterwards, I didn’t smell it on the actual buds.It was kinda weird actually. I don’t smell/taste gas there either, it smells more like chlorine/bleach/chemical cleaners to me.

15 Likes

Only real gas I’ve experienced was a motorbreath I grew from seed, was like straight 91 octane , very unique . And one pheno of Chem de La Chem was spot on for mixed (oil/gas) fuel I use for my weed eater. Like uncanny it was spot on, even translated to taste pretty well. Pissed I never kept a cut of that one.

9 Likes