Holysmoke seeds peshawar wanted for coop seed run

Thanks for the infošŸ˜ Many modern Afghans, like Mazar,-i-sharif are hybrids of the old Afghan Sativas and Hindu kush. This Peshawar is the pure Sativa. Whether it was found this way, or if it was picked out of one of the hybrids, I canā€™t say. Waiting to hear back from holy smoke.
Tirah does sound similarā€¦ i grew tashkurgan and didnā€™t see anything I liked.
@District_Flora if you could that would be sweet. Perhaps I have something he would like? Or Tell him Iā€™ll give him 50 seeds backā€¦

3 Likes

Hempdepot is one of the very few Canadian seed bank I trust :ok_hand:

I did some homework about malberry last night and apart from some drama here and there people seem to think their lines are wild.

Very few journals on their peshawar, one mentioned finding wild sativas and squatter phenos aswell.

10 Likes

Thanks for the info. I must be thinking of someone else. This Company had a bunch of Afropips stock listed.

3 Likes

I ordered 4 packs of the Peshawar Afghani. They never arrived. I paid $20 for shipping outside of Canada. No tracking information provided by seller. Just a VERY low resolution photo of an envelope with my shipping address on it. He accepted no responsibility for orders ā€œlostā€ in the mail. Thatā€™s a real shitty way of doing business in 2022. I had received 4 separate mail shipments from people in Canada at the same time. No problems from those 4 people. Brad. His name is Brad. Itā€™s cool. No one escapes karma. No one.

7 Likes

Did you look into that trade? Iā€™ve heard several bad things about the hemp depotā€¦ I have lots I could trade. I have one plant going and 3 seeds on the way so far. Another 10 pack would be goodā€¦

4 Likes

The Peshawar Afghani I have are from Malberry via Hemp Depot. Iā€™ve been ordering from HempDepot for over a decade and have never had any problems. Some of their seeds are pretty old, like the seeds from Malberry, but they are priced accordingly.

@RoryBorealis I am sorry you never received your seeds. Brad is old school and he clearly posts that heā€™s not liable if seeds donā€™t germinate, or if they go missing in the mail. Again, sorry you had a bad experience. Iā€™d be happy to send you some seeds when we make some.

@Upstate Four of the six Peshwars i have germinated. Iā€™d be happy to send you cuts/clones when they get bigger if youā€™re up for doing a repro.

On another note, I havenā€™t been able to germinate the Mulanje seeds. I hope you have better luck.

10 Likes

How did you pay?

2 Likes

I order from Hemp Depot almost every year. I print the order form with my order on it and add cash and drop it in the mail. I usually have my order in about a month. I usually keep my orders small because I always worry about the border, but Iā€™ve been lucky and never had anything seized by the seed police. My luck with UK and the rest of Europe have not been so lucky.

5 Likes

Thanks, @PineTarBastard I do appreciate the offer and I will keep that in mind. My issue with Brad is the lack of a tracking number, considering the fact that I paid $20 for shipping and the photo that he sent shows maybe $2 in shipping. That modus operandi is a chickenshit ethos that is outdated for 2022. Iā€™m all about stealth and discretion, but dude needs to modify his international shipping methods.

4 Likes

The order form says that shipping information is available with an email requestā€¦but I agree about shipping. If I spend $20 on shipping, I expect that the $20 will go towards shippingā€¦
However, I have one plant at the moment and only another three beans headed my way. Iā€™ll have to find more seeds one way or another.
One thing I will say is I remember when Marc Emery was extradited from Canada to the US to serve time for selling seeds. I might be doing things the same way if I was selling seeds out of Canada. Plausable deniability. Talking with a customer once an order is shipped could bring some trouble I suppose, at least in the mind of a prohibition-era seed dealer.

3 Likes

Ehhh idk, he ā€œforgotā€ to send that Panama ā€˜74 and hasnā€™t followed up since I asked him to ship those back out. I did ask him about the Peshawar however, to which he responded that he needed to see if he has enough to trade first. So, I wouldnā€™t hold out too much hope for that lead until I at least get the Panama.

Shit like this makes me even doubt the validity of the seeds he sent, Iā€™d be willing to send that Ecuador your way if you wanna test that theory out sooner rather than later. Got my own projects going and the Iranian Repro coming up, so I wonā€™t have the capacity any time soon.

2 Likes

I hope you get your seeds @District_Flora. The 74 Panama is special. If you donā€™t get them donā€™t despairā€¦Iā€™ll run mine at some point. If they do show, take a picture and we will compare seeds.
Thanks for the offer regarding the Ecuadorian. Atm Iā€™m booked up too. Iā€™m very interested though.
The three seeds from @Comacus have been soaking. Today is day three. One split overnight, a good sign! Fingers crossed! The lone ( probably)Peshawar plant is growing well. Looks like wider leaves than what I normally growā€¦another great sign its Peshawar. Iā€™d say 99% sure.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s an update of the three Peshawars.

The small one threw a branch out of the cotyledons and then split off again at the next node. These plants sure are unpredictable.

I transplanted this one from the aerogarden to the solo cup today.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen that before. Thatā€™s odd looking as hell.

2 Likes

Think Iā€™ll call that one Spock.

Live long and prosper :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Two of 3 @Comacus Peshawar seeds have sprouted tails. Havenā€™t looked this morning to see if the third one popped overnight. Are you willing to send me pollen if I get no male plant? Itā€™s looking promising so farā€¦
Iā€™ll get a pic of the one I have going for comparison to yoursā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™d be happy sending you pollen, cuts, clones, etc.
Iā€™m not currently set up to perform big seed runs myself, but I will support your endeavors anyway i can.

6 Likes

Hopefully it will be 3/3!

3 Likes

I hand cracked and planted the third one. We shall see. 2 are up plus the other older plant. Keep forgettinga pictureā€¦ One of the seedlings is a triple. Pretty cool.

9 Likes

I grew some Peshawars out like 10 years agoā€¦ gotten from HempDepot. Very nice smoke. I really liked them. Iā€™ll look if I have some beans in the stash. I always think of those peshawars I grew because theyā€™re worth revisiting, for sure.
And the Malberry was always a nice selection and I always wondered why they werenā€™t flying off the shelves. When I saw the title for this thread I was stoked!

6 Likes