Afghan strain directly from Afghanistan?

Hello guys I’m a old OG member that’s new to the new site if that makes sense lol, I have been on a quest for years to obtain seed that originate from Afghanistan- I was kinda hoping to connect with someone that obtained some seed while they were there while in the service or likewise situation. I love afghan weed and honestly I’m not sure if I’ve ever even had the real deal afg but nonetheless still looking for those magic beans, I have some very interesting strains I can trade around with if anyone is interested.
Thanks and thanks for having a old man once again…

13 Likes

Welcome back to the site. :v:

3 Likes

Hey @Hydro-mo
Welcome back to Overgrow bro. Great community and excellent growers here plus the trading etc …

You’ll no doubt have someone who will maybe have some real deal Afghani beans for ya.
There’s also a thread for ‘older members /who’ve returned to Overgrow’ somewhere.
Enjoy your stay , bud .!
Gaz

1 Like

Hope posting this link here is ok. Apologies to mods if it isn’t. I just popped some Tashkurgan from this dude. I believe is Namkha. https://therealseedcompany.com/product-category/northern-afghanistan-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/

6 Likes

All kinds of stuff floating around and thru here, ya just need to start opening some threads and do some leg work
I’m sure you’ll find something

7 Likes

Please post some pics of your plants. I enjoy growing Mazar-i-Sharif from The Real Seeds Company.

5 Likes

This afghani strain were given to Derg Corra Collective by a danish soldier which had been stationed in Afghanistan. The soldier told the DCC that they often hid in the cannabis field to rest and took some buds with them when they left. The buds were often full of seeds and he took some of these seeds with him back to Denmark. The soldier was not a smoker, but he came home with PTSD and his solider buddies told him, that this strain could help him with the PTSD symptoms. He therefore contacted me (DCC), because he knew I was a stoner and grower, and he asked if he could use the plants in another way than smoking it. I told him about cannabis oil and told him to read up on it. He did and he wanted to try it, so I grew out a couple of plants and made some oil for him. The oil helped with his PTSD symptoms and therefore he wanted to learn to grown himself. He is know a small-scale homegrower that grows exclusively to make medical cannabis oil for himself.

Derg Corra Collective really liked this strain, so why not let the masses have a go at it?

-GH

5 Likes

Will do. Not much to report so far. They’re only at seedling stage but will attempt to keep to do some breeding with if they display some nice traits and happy to post some pics along the way. I’m expecting a stretch indica and would cross to something sativa dom, even a landrace. I think I chose them because they sounded hard to come by and supposed not to stretch too much. Interesting to see how it goes. Cheers.

2 Likes

How does your Mazar turn out? Do you keep cuts or was it from a previous grow?

Check these guys out.

3 Likes

Or

Also I’ve seen Joti’s afhgan selection. Damn good… he is actually back in action. Go to ordan of the island website… available there

1 Like

I have pix of the Mazar-i-Sharif on my grow journal post .i grow from seeds, no cuts. Mazar-i-Sharif grows like a sativa, thick smooth smoke, more cerebral than body stone. I grow to have seeds for medicine for autoimmune diseases.

3 Likes

I don’t have any Afghani’s that were collected by someone I know personally, but there are a lot of good pure heirlooms on the market of vintage varieties. If you need any suggestions, I have a pretty big catalog of them myself and have grown several varieties in my grow log this year.

8 Likes

My Mazar is Indy thru and thru

2 Likes

@OleReynard Does the pentagon know about this? Lol.

1 Like

Cool homie. You make your own seeds. That’s some groovy shit.

I waited 2 years for the seeds. There is no guarantee when RSC heirloom/landrace seeds are available from middle eastern countries.

1 Like

I believe that’s all folks …

1 Like

Wowsers. 2 years? That’s pretty fucked. Glad you got that situation remedied.