Homemade Strains Thread

@bunny, Depending on how stoked he might be, @Yetigrows goes, “Talk to me, little seed, talk!” :rofl: :upside_down_face: :hugs:

2 Likes

I want my seeds to jump! I’m on week 9 and see seeds (i think) but nothing popping :laughing:

1 Like

Only Mexican seeds jump you know :rofl:

4 Likes

I remember Mexican jumping beans as a kid haven’t heard of those in years .

3 Likes

Most likely the grub inside them die with any importing radiation.

2 Likes

I definitely haven’t heard that in years

“Jump little bean, jump. One day you will have a great big stump. Unless you are male. Then you may get thumped and just end up in the dump.”

From the book, Classic Collection Of Children’s Nursery Rhymes And Fables.

7 Likes

Another unknown strain but has great lineage…

11 Likes

Half way through week #9 of flower for these sexually un-frustrated ladies!

Kosher Kush / Pink Cookies / Gelato 33 / UK Cheese (x) Paonia Purple Paralyzer / Black Candyland

I swear I see seeds; but it’s my first time chucking so I’m :crossed_fingers: that when I dry these out and start breaking em up the beans start to pour. :man_shrugging:

22 Likes

Hey, could you tell me how you go about doing those circular chunks of soil around the stem!! I like it and have one growing too tall! Thanks, and good morning!! To you and everyone else!!

4 Likes

Sure thing @Abbbian !

It’s my variation of BOG’s “up potting” method but I went full OCD and make Step Pyramids as @Foreigner coined them so perfectly.

Each tier was a 2 week growth period before up potting.

Peat pellet to clone-> 1cup clear → Solo-cup → Yogurt Container (750ml) → 6" nursery pot → 8" nursery pot (final).

Each stage I removed the container, took a razor blade to the outer parts of the soil and scored it all the way around and the bottoms; then planted the mass into the next container with an inch or 2 above the soil line and then firmly packed the media around and then done!

You water the “moat” of the pyramid and the water wicks up and the roots grow down.
Each day I given them 8oz of water (or nutes) since the start of flower. I prefer deep soak followed by a dry out, until this method meant that there is SO MUCH O2 accessible to the roots that there is no issues.

My growing area is very clean so no bugs either as I totally see how it could be a fungal gnat nightmare: JUST DON’T SOAK IT and you shouldn’t attract them buggers!

You also get either very good at handling the soil structure; or you make a mess. The only tier that gets mangled is Tier 1 as i palm the plants root mass when holding upside down to de-pot so the weight presses in into my hand and it lost it’s sharp edge after so many times being handled.

8 Likes

Very cool progress :+1: nice. @Pigeonman

3 Likes

Unkown but great lineage

12 Likes

It was a long but worthwhile journey…I had this Vietnam Tunder Fuck outside so mother nature can sex it for me but while it was outside it got hit with mites…both the males & females got mites, I collected the pollen off the males and this female was revegged…this female is back in vegetative mode and is mite free, finally…foil packet is full of Vietnam Thunder Fuck pollen.

18 Likes

I have some.of instag8ters Vietnam romulan and hope to run em soon…

5 Likes

How is @Instg8ter?

4 Likes

Unknown, he just ‘disappeared’, no warning or any indication.
He got some beans out and a couple weeks later (mid May?) radio silence.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Yup I haven’t seen or heard from him in awhile

2 Likes

Last seen May1st. I sent him a PM awhile back. No response.

2 Likes

Hope he’s okay. I’ve also not seen @Bullskinner in awhile either I don’t think .

4 Likes