Homemade Strains Thread

Damn that’s crazy how the trees root ball was and I think that it’s definitely going to be a must have for the first outdoor attempt and I just have one more question…how long do you leave it in the air pot, or growers preference and can you use it for the duration of the grow

3 Likes

Depends on the grow TBH and here is what I’m personally doing:

My ΩPot = duration of grow; it’s like an OctoPot on steroids. :+1:

AutoFlowers = duration of grow

PhotoPeriod indoors = started in “speedcups” and then up potted into “duration of grow” air-pot. (where the size of pot will designate thes size of plant spread)

PhotoPeriod outdoors = Started in “speedcups” and the up potted from the smallest to largest Air-pots I have (1L to 5Gal) over the course of months. The end goal for these plants is a 15-30Gal fabric pot; so the larger the root ball I have at the time of outdoor planting the LESS underground work the plant needs to address before shooting skywards.

Best part is Air-pots go hand in hand with LST support; all you need is garden wire from a dollar store to feed into one of the holes and BOOM: magic! :smiley:

Before:
(image taken on Feb 13th; I spaced due to bong hits about taking an ACTUAL before image :rofl: )

After:
(**green wire = LST training; sorry no close-ups)

In a few days everything will be skywards and making new branch-sites at the now exposed nodes :smiley:

(TG GG4 RIL’s; I’m hoping one of them is a male :D)

13 Likes

My baby DarkStar x UFS #18 f2 tracking and praying the day after topping. Just noticed it’s throwing 8 finger leaves at the 5th node :call_me_hand:

17 Likes

“The Dude Abides” …I’m really interested in them but I just wanted to hear about them from the perspective of an actual person that has used them and I know that you aren’t going to bullshit me do much appreciated and I liked the video amazing that the roots were so dense and not all circled around itself

2 Likes

I ain’t gonna lie: they are far from cheap vs regular pots.

But that only mean’t i bought them over the course of several grown to spread out the coin spent

2 Likes

OMG @Foreigner I am constantly trying to get some Critical Mass seeds, it’s pretty much my favorite strain and for awhile I was getting Critical Mass ×White Widow and damn it was fire and it was the best medical cannabis for pain, anxiety and sleep so I am just floored at the beautiful buds…

1 Like

Critical Mass is a blend between two classic strains, Afghani indica and Skunk #1. … Its commonly known for its commanding sedative quality and while its THC levels average at 20%, the strain is known to have reached peaks of 23%. Some describe its relaxant effect as equally potent to that of OG Kush and I am just getting frustrated with people who say that they have a strain or that it’s the real thing until I get to talking about the lineage of it and it’s from the days before the forums and it was still illegal except for Colorado, Cali and Washington so I am always excited to see any type of grow with the strain

2 Likes

I’m only looking to pickup 2 and how much are they before I look at them but I bet Amazon will be the cheapest and I am curious about what the hell the little blue plugs are on them ?

2 Likes

Thanks man and thanks for the info. I never got to smoke the critical mass because I got males only. I crossed it with a California orange. I grew this out and it was quite nice. I also used this pollen to make seeds from a northern lights and a white widow.

Edit - oh yeah and a subcool cross but I’d have to check my notes.

2 Likes

They price out low to high depending on size and where you get them. As an example locally for me if I get the same size from the 2 diff places that stock them one sells it at $6.00 the other place $10.00. I’d suggest looking around for the best deal but there are also the “knock-offs” that have been proven worth their $$$ by fellow OGer’s called “oxy-pots”.

Like “the Dude’s rug” they are the parts that “hold it all together man”.

The black part is rolled around the base and the blue parts are screws. It’s all rad and reusable and SUPER EASY to clean; like 1/2 the time of cleaning a traditional pot when I go into a tub with a brush.

Here’s another video with hawt-as-fuck accent soothing your ears with the knowledge of air-pottery :hugs:

4 Likes

My farmer buddy gave me some Matanuska Thunder Head for my B-day last week which he grew outside last summer…I’m going to use most of it for my brownies…

18 Likes

Damn that’s another one, Northern Lights of my all time favorite strains…The Dude Most Definitely Abides lol

4 Likes

purple mystery wreck ( Mendocino purps wreck x mystery fem) sundae smash. ( Mendocino purps wreck x icc#5

11 Likes

Dude, thats one of MY favorite strains man! Got any NL going or plans for any NL crosses?
My contribution to the thread, I’m calling Naughty Bear, is Mephisto 3 Bears OG x Mendo Triks. She’s a feminized autoflow two weeks from sprout freshly repotted to a home brewed micro octopot.

17 Likes

I just put ^ shaped cuts a little ways up from the bottom. This allows bottom feeding and for the bottles to hold hold water rather than having it all drain out. This is important for when the plants are bigger and going through more water.

My grow is dense enough that not much light hits the bottles. But I still have amber 2 liter bottles from cheap beer that I use to drink…those cut the light out really well…otherwise the green 7up and ginger ale bottles are probably better than the clear bottles.

5 Likes

Should be an interesting strain
Jorge’s diamonds/Durban poison/Durban poison

Here’s the mother

28 Likes

I really like your scale buds pretty impressive also .

2 Likes

It’s a weight watchers scale lol

4 Likes

That sounds amazing. This was a homemade strain? I would love to try it :hushed:

1 Like

The 501st x SB yes however I’ve yet to grow them out so I couldn’t tell ya anything about it… the pic, however was citral glue x forum cookies

1 Like