Homemade Strains Thread

BAHHAHAHAAA!!! I got the joke!

Nice haul @PhilCuisine and nice nugs!

3 Likes

You guys remember this Vietnam Black? I told the rancher to put it in his green house but he decided to plant it outside…its about 8ft. tall and remember the bent main stem? It’s not even budding yet but its healthy.

23 Likes

That’s crazy cool! Nice plant :+1:

Update on my smallest seed plant…getting a bit too tall in my veggie garden…

9 Likes

Pre98 bubba Kush x Afghan

91 Toads x Whirlybird

19 Likes

RocBud Inc - 2022 Freebie - “5ft Tall Purple”:

Mephisto Genetics Illuminauto #57: Blood Orange Haze:

:v: :grin: :+1:

27 Likes

Me likey.
Beautiful frosty purps too!
:smiley:

2 Likes

Had to top it because it was getting a lil bit tall, about 4ft. tall now and very noticeable in my veggie garden…I’m really liking this plant, I wished I saved a cutting…

20 Likes

You can always take a cutting from a flowering plant and revert it to veg. It can take a while. But, totally doable! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t want to do that, I’m expecting a shipment of elite cuttings from my ICMAG buddy anyway…just waiting for cooler weather…

3 Likes

This is my personal nostalgia project that combines genetics from the first 2 plants I ever grew.
Trying to select towards the clear-minded high from the African side.

African Power Skunk

(Oregon Skunk x African Power Plant) x African Power Plant

21 Likes

Can you tell me a bit about the oregon skunk?

I have a hybrid kind of like that. two of the strains I learned to grow with from old mentors hybridized and then crossed with a third strain.

It didn’t quite capture the magic or medicinal qualities I was hoping to find. But some people really liked it and grow it almost every year.

1 Like

@zephyr I don’t know much about it, but I’ve heard it was around back in the 80s.
The plant I grew was a sad looking clone (I call it a rescue lol) I bought from a dispensary back in 2018 - which is closed down so I don’t have any way of finding more info on it, unfortunately.

The plant was real fruity, so even if it’s related it doesn’t resemble the skunk of old.

Here’s a couple pics. I chopped it too early and didn’t give it a great cure (first grow and all…), so I can’t really give a good smoke report.

That’s cool that people are still growing your cross.
There’s something about keeping that connection alive to the plants that started us on the journey.

I’m planning to grow some Malawi in the greenhouse next year for preservation, and crossing that to my strain with the goal of getting more of the clear/energetic African sativa effects in something that I can grow outdoors.

12 Likes

Two of the hybrids I made last year finally reaching flowering. I will be pollinating these with a red stemmed Tosh Valley male with a lime/mango/woody stem rub.

Amsterdam Amnesia x MZPV’20 #3 - Musky rich orange citrus with honeyed incense notes and hints of tropical fruit.

MZPV’22 (MZPV’20 F2) - Sour tropical fruit (guava, mango, passionfruit), mint/eucalyptus, and green onion. More intense than the MZPV’20 parents. The rabbits and stem borers allowed this one to get big out of the three other selections so it will be this year’s continuation of the MZPV line.

18 Likes

Mystery beans from an “orgy of pollen”, who’s interested?,(mother’s known) - (pollen known) - what hit what, is the (mystery part)…#NewFlavorz#FindAkeeper#Unknown

3 Likes

An orgy is always interesting… :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s starting to smell very very fruity…took these pix just now…

30 Likes

She’s got quite the lean goin on now! :grinning:

2 Likes

Buds are packing on weight, she sticks out in my veggie garden…

2 Likes

need any help weeding your garden?