Homesteading and growing some cheeba

and so we have 44 chicks and 17 ducks I’ll get a pic when the sun gets here. The ducks are hardy so much sooner I brood them in the barn. These hang down heaters are the only way to go. Safest by miles. The chicks absolutely loves em. Actually I’ve raised 8 lil hogs under these as well. Well worth the investment.

6 Likes

CHICKENS! they are so cute

3 Likes

I give the chicks an egg per 20 or so birds a day for first week. Very good nutrients. I cook them just in case we have something going on in there. The chicks immune system needs to mature before anything is introduced

5 Likes

That’s a great idea. I am going to try that. Our sons class hatched some of our eggs and they come home today.

4 Likes

I know I keep going on bout this heater but look how they lay around the outside. This tells me to move up 1/2”. They really like this thing

6 Likes

Im waaayyy ahead of you. They are now steers. :rofl: I use a wool hen for my chicks. :grin: :rainbow:

2 Likes

Well then hard work is over. Nobody told me to band them quick. After 4 months I’m thinking “why is that bull still sucking on mom”? Well that was an exciting day trying to get that band on the bull. Took 3 of us and a minor injury😂

4 Likes

I always band about day 3 or 4. I only weigh 155 lbs. If I wait longer they can stand up with me laying on top of them. :crazy_face: We let them nurse until we sell them at 7 months ( 700 lbs.) . Sometimes the mothers try to stomp me into a mud hole when I band them. :rofl:

3 Likes

Well what do ya know, this little guy flew down and landed on my saw stand. I held him for 2 minutes maybe and he just flew away. My vibes are good today!

12 Likes

wouldn’t it be nice to be a duck?

9 Likes

Here they are at 3 weeks and everyone is growing like crazy

7 Likes

ducks all sold except the tamest two. They live with the chickens as of now. The incubators are loaded back up and are due in couple weeks. 80chicken eggs this run so we’ll see. Had a power outage and it dropped to 95ish but candling them they look to have made it. Or at least some. Always something

6 Likes

Also, prepping for my state to go legal. Hoping is more like it. I’m over the cbd thing.

been a busy spring and I’m feeling Father Time tapping my shoulder. I’m ignoring him for a while.

11 Likes

And round two starts

7 Likes

The greenhouse looks great. We have a bunch of trees being taken down so hopefully we can get a greenhouse in here now too!

3 Likes

Thanks bud. Plastic just came in so if I can get off my ass and hook up the electric we can get going. Good luck with the timbering

2 Likes

Hell ya, yours is looking good dude. Must feel good to get to this point!

1 Like

It Feels great. If our representatives feel so gracious as to let me grow some canibus plants next year it will be even better. It’s a used hoop house but a little work and she will work just fine. Thanks for the compliment @JustANobody Good luck on your too.

5 Likes

So every once in a while I stumble on something that I make a permanent part of life. I have to admit this has changed the way I smoke my herb. Probably forever.

These are carbon filters

They are a little pricey but not really.

When I ran out the first bong hit I took without it almost killed me. It filters so much out that I didn’t even realize my lungs didn’t like that tar.

Not a salesman by no means but the wife and I both agree it helps get the nasties out.

2 Likes

So anyone elses outside plants start flowering before actual 12/12? Talking to @GCBudz im telling him my 91 chem started flowering. But we have 14 hrs daylight.? They are in shade for a lot of afternoon because of location. It really has me baffled because of thinking about light leaks in tents causing herms.

that’s chem91.

Another girl next to her. Are these pre flower and maybe not actual in “flowering”?

4 Likes