Honest Opinions please

Ok so Im in day 28, The Seed is suppose to be Mexican Red Hair Sativa Auto Fem, but its a Blimburn seed so who knows if that is what it is or not. Second pic I have a question, since this is my first grow ever, is this in pre-flower?

Now for the honest Opinions part, How does this plant look for a 28 day old plant? Be 100% honest, Im Gen X you wont hurt my feelings lol. But I need to know if it looks at least close to what it should for its age or if I am totally screwing something up and if I get a bunch of the standard “oh it looks great buddy” spare the noobs feeling stuff I will never learn.

Preflower

18 Likes

They look :eyes: fine, how tall have they gotten? I grow a lot of autos so don’t get nervous :grimacing: if they don’t get real tall. You really want quality weed and the quantity will come in time as you learn more about autos. :+1::wink::facepunch::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

5 Likes

So much this.

3 Likes

It looks good to me for that age, and also looks like it might be time to fertilize again, based on the green looking a little paler on some of the older leaves and the unfolding ones. But that’s really difficult to tell from a photo.

Side note, no need for a new topic for stuff like this, folks will see you wrote something new and circle back. And then I’d be easily able to glance back at any info you shared before about your nutrients. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ditch the cheap moisture probe, they’re not even close to accurate. Learn to water by the weight of the pot or if you have the funds, get a real moisture reader that runs a couple hundred bucks. The few burnt tips I see are probably related to watering practices and not over feeding. Keep up the good work.

14 Likes

It does look like it’s beginning to flower. It’s normal to see lighter new growth, but oftentimes it’s more apparent just preceding flowering as the plant starts to stretch quickly.

4 Likes

I have killed every auto that I have tried to grow. So I say, if it is still alive it is fine. :grin:

11 Likes

It looks fine, what is your light schedule?
I had a GG#4 fem auto finish at 5” tall, it was a crazy looking girl.

4 Likes

I am running Drain to waste, She gets Nutrients at every feeding she is on 4g of Mega Crop per gallon of water. She is in a 5g pot, the media is 50%peat 50% Vermuclite, and two bricks of buffered coco coir mixed in with it. Mixed up about 30 gallons of media total before mixing in the coco coir.

Noted ill remember that for next time! Thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

Light schedule is 20 on 4 off. Went a bit longer since I only have a 150w light. I have been LSTing her to grow horizantal instead of Vertical since I only have a 63 inch tall tent lol

2 Likes

I started with autos because they seem the simplest to me personally even tho everyone says they are the hardest to grow. But I have a lot of growing expierence with food plants, as I have been growing food indoors and outdoors for 30+ years. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with autos, that would be heart breaking for sure.

3 Likes

Awesome thanks I thought that was preflower but being my first cannabis grow I wasnt sure!

2 Likes

Your are good with the light schedule. Try tying down the branches to open her up and then remove some of the fan leaves for better light penetration and ventilation.

2 Likes

It came in a kit with the TDS and pH meter honestly forgot it was in the pot lol

I am running drain to waste, she gets 1 gallon daily with 4g of Mega Crop(tho now that she is in flowering ill have to go up to 6g or switch to the Jacks Bloom Booster I have) The media is 50% Peat 50% Vermuclite with 2 bricks of pre-buffered Coco Coir mixed into a 30 gallon batch of soil i mixed up.

1 Like

I have been holding off giving her a hair cut wasnt really sure if you were suppose to prune autos or not, most of what I have seen said no defoliating and nothing but LST. She is spread out, I was giving her a couple more days before I go in and do more LST didnt want to over stress her.

2 Likes

Oh for sure for sure, Right now im not expecting much more than Mids outta this anyway considering its a 2 dollar bean and an old school strain, not the new super high THC stuff. I will be thrilled if I get 1 ounce or more off of it since its my first grow. I have a 400w Light coming should be here next thursday, since I was thankfully told my 150w might not be quite enough and my girl was being super awesome and got me a new light.

5 Likes

Super high thc does not equal really good weed there’s more to it than that.

4 Likes

Oh I know, just seems to be what everyone is wanting these days. Hell im not even used to having a ballpark guess at the thc lol.

That 150w would be a great light for seedlings and clones.

2 Likes

I only got about 10 grams off my first attempt at autos a few years ago :joy::joy::joy: :wink::facepunch::+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

1 Like