Hoodini Presents: My First Grow Log

And here is my landrace you could call her. I’ve been working on this “strain” for a few years it’s an indica dom hybrid from bagseeds but they definitely grow better in this environment. This one was planted in the ground here the same time as the green crack but i transplanted the gc after a few week

10 Likes

The wind is only blowing about 7-10 mph today so the girls are getting a break from the 30+ we have had the last week

5 Likes

Well back to the constant 30+ mph winds with gusts in the 50mph range sorry the pics aren’t great the wind won’t stop long enough to take a decent pic

Green crack 1 is definitely beefing up its grown up out of the tire and handling the wind like a champ

8 Likes

Green crack 2 not liking life above the tire but besides shortness the wind doesn’t seem to affect her

6 Likes

And last but not least my HOODINI special. . .

I would say she is at least 12 inches tall now

Check out the stalk on her it’s about 1/2 inch diameter

11 Likes

The wind sounds intense. Looks like the plants have to be hardy to survive. Awesome grow.

3 Likes

@99PerCent thanks man :+1: and ya it’s definitely survival of the fittest. I’m gotten good enough I can get pretty much any plant to survive but the weather super stunts most plants. So I if they take too long to grow hardy enough to survive its kind of a loss for me
EDIT- apparently I can’t grow autos for sh*t outside here. I’m still trying but it’s not looking good

4 Likes

Makes sense to run your own crosses that might better manage the climate.

Cool beans.

99%

3 Likes

Yup it usually takes til f3 to really show a difference in climate stability but I haven’t had many genetics to work with. But I’m getting there :hugs:

4 Likes

The hardest environmental stress on my HOODINI special at this stage is the temp fluctuations from day to night I’m in the high desert so daytime temps reach 95-100 (right now it’s 92 but with the wind it feels 75)
And my nighttime gets down to 50 easy- all temps are in Fahrenheit

4 Likes

Sounds like issues I’m having here in CO low to mid 90’s and windy as hell on the front range this last week need to get the plants in the ground to help with the heat! Trying to get them all to the point of being sexed they are so close a couple are girls thus far!

3 Likes

Your about 8 hours drive away from me so I can definitely see why lol sounds like your not use to it :hushed: hopefully the weather will get better. I should be getting the monsoons anytime now and I’m so ready for it

2 Likes

Hey @Hoodini you from n Arizona , NM area SW US then?

1 Like

@Tinytuttle
Your good :+1:

2 Likes

Ya seems unseasonably warm here in CO already above our season average for the year for sure!

@Tinytuttle As weather goes we are staying pretty normal but our rain fall has dropped from 72 inch annual 10 years ago to maybe 6 inches annual now

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been slacking. . .
update week 9-ish

Green crack 1. . . Hit sexually maturity started asymmetrical growth (Purdy sure he’s male) I need pollen though so it’s a good thing plus he will be made into my wife’s salve for her handsgreen crack 2. Definitely a stronger sativa pheno compared to GC1. But the wind is keeping her from gaining that sativa height HOODINI special. She’s making my breeding skills look GOOD! Oh and she will now be know as LAH compliments of @Sebring for the name. Its Landrace Arizona Hybrid-LAH
this is another LAH but she has got to be the fastest grower of all the LAH I’ve grown she is only 1 month old grown there from seed and did not have a tire for a wind break as a starter. I think I just found my first mother plant for my first cloning experience( which will probably end in horror.)Humidity is hard get here lol but my epic tragedy will be documented here also so pull up a chair, aluminum foil or not and get ready for the show!
Edit- there are actually 2 LAH growing together without a tire but the 2nd one is only 4 inches high(normal grow rate seeing as she took 2 weeks to pop after the 1st one did)
and the little survivor being choked out by big bertha but such is life. You can see the top of the smaller one just to the right of big bertha if you zoom in

9 Likes

4 week intermission

1 Like

So @Sebring being the ultimate walking strain encyclopedia that he is told me my LAH looked a lot like a Mexican Ortega plant so (with his help lol) I did some research and what do you all think?

I think sebring know his sh*t

4 Likes

…but I think Ortega have nothin Mexican in it, isent it? Or maybe yare talkin bout another strain?