Hoodini Presents: My First Grow Log

During the 80’s there were a few groups in Mexico that went to Europe to buy new genetics, just like many Americans did, and one of the strain types that they brought back, which thrived in Northern Mexico, was Ortega.
Based on the plant leaf structure and quick finishing time it’s got to be an Indica that was selected and bred for commercial drug use. It could also be Guerrero green, which is actually Lebanese Upper Mountain (LUM) brought over from Lebanon during the 70s & 80s. Each strain on the list of possible strains is very unique in it’s flavor and smoke profile making it possible to tease out an ID. https://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2005/06/28/4280
Now be warned, it’s almost impossible to nail down a strain by photos of flowers alone, but maybe Hoodini can give us a full smoke report for his LAH strain. What does it smell like before smoking and during smoking? This information combined with knowledge of what was available in different regions during the appropriate span of years usually gives you a pretty solid lead on what it actually is. You said previously that the original genetics were from “bagseed”, do you remember anything about the origins of the bagseed?
All of this is only possible, because there was a limited variety of different strains. If you were to try an do the same thing with a strain from today’s market I wouldn’t even be able to guess. We went from 1000 strains, with only 5-8 available in a region, to 10,000 strains with 200-500 available in a region.

2 Likes

My grow mentor always said my LAH had the OG smell to it. Buts it’s a very mellow og odor with a bit of piney flavor and I hint of citrus. It’s not a strong aroma and the plant has a straight up cucumber flavor. I eat the the part of the plant after I top it and I have to stop myself from grabbing ranch and eating the whole plant. . . Exactly like cucumbers! Is this enough description. I can describe it more if needed

4 Likes

I live in northern AZ. The only seeded pot I can get all comes from mexico. It’s either Mexican or dispensary weed.

2 Likes

The seeds from the Guerrero were medium to large in size and grey to green in color. The plants from these seeds grew similarly to other Mexican and Colombian strains: a medium to tall, bushy, productive plant. The Guerrero Green, however, is where some of the famed onion and garlic flavored bud of the Pacific Northwest originated.

The seeds description is pretty close but the flavor is NOT onion and garlic. . . Though I would imagine that would go good pretty good on some buttered toast

1 Like

I think Ortega is samethin like a Northern Lighst, n the most famouse strain from Guerrero is what ya call Acapulco Gold, so…
Anyway, the CannabisCulture article is only the same “bla-bla-bla” as allways… Even the Colombian leaf’s pics locks like an indica or narcohibrid to me…
Anyway thousand thanks for your info…
Salud.

1 Like

@MiG I always enjoy reading your posts! And in 2 languages. Your fingers must get tired but you are the resident sativa expert and an outdoor grower like myself so your input is always appreciated

Sorry i only got pics of this one before my phone battery got too low to take pics
LAH2

16 Likes

Look my uv index is actually down from the last few days! Woo 12.1

LAH2 damn vigorous

8 Likes

GreenCrack1

9 Likes

Green Crack 2

LAH 1 cant tell in the pic (im farther back) but shes still got about 6 inches of height on the green crack1 but its closing fast

11 Likes

WEEK 11

Green crack 1 - she bushed out so much I had to change the chicken wire around her
Edit- I forgot to say I was wrong I confirmed her FEMALE today! Couldn’t get a good pic yet

8 Likes

GreenCrack1 (I’m 6ft so no I don’t have baby hands haha)
Green Crack 2 - she was "fim"ed 5 days ago so you can see the growth she’s getting
Green Crack 2

9 Likes

LAH 1
LAH 1

8 Likes

Thats lookin awesome my brother! Wish i could outdoor here, mucho jelly.

2 Likes

LAH 2

8 Likes

Here is the whole family. . . . These plants are doing amazing. With help from my mentor. . .his ashes are in each plant

14 Likes

Thanks brother! I hope one day we all can grow outside!

2 Likes

Plants are looking great @Hoodini!

2 Likes

Thanks bro I’m happy with how They are doing. . . I give credit to all my fellow OGers and @ReikoX patented LITFA formula haha

3 Likes