Hormone and sex manipulation on cuttings, past research on hemp

Choice on what?

What is being asked as ‘useful’ is whether there is an advantage to applying what the paper author’s have described. I could see some use cases if it works but maybe the advantages are/aren’t there.

1 Like

I think he is saying …"Being provided with the knowledge gives you the ability to make an informed decision and that is useful"
I am pretty sure that is what he is saying.

1 Like

Before this become circular and for the purposes of the side topic, I can open a separate topic on hormone application into flower if you’d like.

You should ask my man @Cactus really, but do what you must.
The threads I start on advance topics like that usually don’t get much response,
I personally don’t have much to say about using hormones in flower.
But I am interested in the topic if you wish to discuss it further…

1 Like

Then, sex manipulation on cuttings via hormones. The paper’s authors have made note of using hormones to manipulate the sex of cuttings on hemp. Does it work in practice and would it be useful? For instance, could one force cuttings to reverse, force flower, and then extract enough pollen off the cuttings to self? How much effort to get there vs using some of the other techniques? If it works and with a reasonable amount of effort, there would be some advantages.

Hempy mentioned perhaps trying to run an experiment which would be interesting, in this regards.

It’s there since a bit, a bit old too but the process is well described and can give some leads. Who have a gamma projector in his garage ? ^^

3 Likes

Yes, and yes.

I agree, that is why we are having this discussion.
It is not like we just found a paper and we want to see what everyone else thinks.
While I have not done this personally it is proven science.
I even gave a in depth description of how it works.

Sorry if I ignored that statement, I hear folks say this all the time and the work is never done.
Not to take anything away from @hempy that has just been my experience these last 10 years.
He may very well come through… :slightly_smiling_face:

I would absolutly love to see folks doing these sort of experiments in public.
But as I have said before unless money is involved folks almost always shy away.

@Cactus is the only gent in the last 7 years to chat about these advanced topics with me and actually get something done, so hats off to him he is a good egg. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Well @shag most humble thank you. I think I might try something but will need some cooperation with the girls and boys to get bigger for I am a little behind in my gardening but things are moving along nicely.

Man gibberillens have to outgrow the competition, hmmm fast growth can cause problems yeah starting to hmmm

Much Love and Respect

2 Likes

FFS. The amount of contradiction and self-pleasuring you engage in is next level. F’in toxic.

Actually, yes it is. That’s called a discussion.

4 Likes

I won’t do any experiments for less than $10000

3 Likes

I used GA for the first time this year to germinate some old seed and to be honest i wont use it again.

I ended up with males and females but i also found a hermaphrodite at sexing in the line i have never seen a hermaphrodite before.

I have never been interested in sex reversal using chemicals to reverse a flowering female to a male it is not something i would do.

Saying that if i can use a female clone and by simply cutting the clones roots off and placing that clone into flower and having that clone go from veg directly to a male with out it flowering as a female and then having to use chemicals to have it turn to a male this has my interests peeked.

6 Likes

I saw the tri on the left Loki ^^ bad bad bad dog lol

update : Hempy is right to expand, let’s be less casual a bit for the sake of safety and realism.

Shitty disclaimer 1 : GA3 is not a magical tool, and have nothing to do with STS that i consider personally as a true industrial tool with predictable results.

In the “i use or i used”, there is a reality when you take it seriously and that look like it a bit :
yupyep

TC is more known now so it don’t look like fancy today, it don’t change the pain in the ass that is the process done with a responsible procedure and environment.

It took me two years to obtain reliable polyploids, and it’s not all about dosages. But also to understand the right inbred line to use for it, and to discover on the late that the said line need to be prepared for it in bonus.

It mean also a large space where almost nothing will be produced and where you will waste most of the specimens alive. Pure R&D ^^

4 Likes

For tissue culture and stuff. I haven’t used any of those on plants intended for consumption personally. Or, I should say, I’ve tried jasmonate once on a part of a plant for later use.

2 Likes

This is the GA3 i used i got it from Israel from a seed saver group.

It did help with germination but using a formula of RO water and Hydrogen peroxide works as good i believe.

This is the stem elongation it causes.

Eventually they do grow out of it and go back to normal.

9 Likes

I’m not a pillar of the GA3 game in anyway, but trust me the formula is well balanced with what you show. It took me a while to obtain a lot more fucked shapes than this ^^

4 Likes

The last picture is of the two males.

3 Likes

Not much will get it but the ones falled in this rabbit hole, bt too toasted to play the prof with a wall of text sorry

All gib polys, well the ones i’m not in shame to show.

4 Likes

These are the two fems.

Flower from the one on the left but both were as encrusted in resin.

5 Likes

I guess I must have brought that on myself at least according to you right…LOL Thats ok, I am used to folks throwing out insults round here.
Sorry you feel that way, but your perception is way off base.
I am just trying to help the community.

Actually, no it is not like we just read the paper.
If you read my post then would have seen this discussion has been going on for more than 10 years.
You may have just read the paper and this may be a new discussion for you but not for some of us.
We are just trying to share what we know, hoping we can teach each other something along the way.

4 Likes

I agree the amount of Gibb looks like a good one.
I would say it is a very good well thought out product.
I have seen some plants grow like beanstalks and keep growing too.

I agree, unless you use too much on a small plant, then they use all their energy and die.

2 Likes