How can I boost the humidity in my grow tent without a humidifier ?

I’ve done quite a few different setups for humidity, but I like this one I did last night. Its in a 2X4 wood chamber(I know not ideal) and the humidity went from 26% to 47%.

The fans are pointing downwards into the container so they blow air out the other side. I figured the fans would last longer getting less direct humidity that way.

And this one in my 3x5 closet is different.

The heater in front blows warm air across the water, past the rags, and behind each rag is the intakes for an air purifier so it sucks the air in and blows it straight up.

I put a little peroxide in the water, or the rags will get moldy and gross.

5 Likes

I put one of these:

Into one of these:

And fill with a line from my RO filter directly into the jug. I monitor with a webcam, and I add water from outside the tent by turning a 1/4 turn valve.

You do not need a fan to blow the fog around if you have decent air movement in the tent. I originally implemented IP67 rated fans on each of my fogger setups but they are (in my case) unnecessary.

I also pulse my exhaust fan on 15 seconds, off 45, on the lowest setting that will scrub odor. Helps to not remove so much freshly generated humid air.

3 Likes

U a mudvayne fan? @LD50 ?

Wet towels work well BUT you can buy humidifiers cheaply. There are 2 different kinds of humidifier ultrasonic and evaporative. Ultrasonic is the quieter of the two and what I personally use when needed.

2 Likes

No, why? After a quick google you’ve gotten me quite curious!

1 Like

It’s strange… when I 1st started I added humidity… because my plants were NOT uptaking correctly… after raising Temps under led now humidity constantly rises unless I need to feed (they’re dry) etc… I constantly fight humidity with my ac infinity inline fan… It kicks on at 60 percent… so it’s always getting to 60’s

1 Like

LD50 was the name of their 1st hit album… has the song “dig”

I struggle with high humidity. I’ve got a 12l floor standing dehumidifier I use when I’m half way through flower.
Today

I’ve stopped chasing the perfect vpd if I’m honest :rofl:

1 Like

Me too… especially under led… it’s all hogwash… outdated Info… the margin is much more divided under led… so higher temps and lower humidity for a proper vpd… I’m at 88 degrees tops… and 85 minimum temps… and 45 lowest and 60 highest humidity (lights on)

1 Like

Ha that’s great! I first hard of the acronym in a HAZWOPER class. “LD50” is of course short for Lethal Dose (50%)… the dose of something that is expected to kill 50% of the population being dosed. Heavy acronym, always stuck with me.

IDLH is similarly fun.

1 Like

Wow never knew… thanks!!! Very cool info on the history of the term…

I love my heavy bands !!!

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=G_5UOkUDti8&feature=share

1 Like

@Terpsnpurps Good stuff!! Thanks for sharing; glad @RandomHumanoid bumped this one!!

1 Like

I was looking at humidifiers, but I read that some(depending on the type) will leave white stuff all over everything in the grow space. And really, I wont need anything once plants get some size. So these kind of diy setups are just to get over the hump in the beginning when the small plants aren’t raising it enough on their own.
I mostly resurrected the thread and posted for people down the road who are doing searches for humidity solutions :slight_smile: And to show off my new humidifier of course :wink:

1 Like

The only reason you get white stuff is from calcium, so only use distilled water in your humidifier and you’re golden

2 Likes

Or re use the water you collect from the de humidifier when the humidity is high. :rofl:

1 Like

I just bought one of these:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802799883521.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.4.21ef1802l5EfvO&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

Will set something up with it in a few months when I start my next grow. Got the idea from @ShiskaberrySavior post in this thread:

2 Likes

Your gonna like the way it works mine is excellent for keeping humidity right where I want it.

3 Likes

Bucket full of soaked down perlite will do the trick

Or fabric bag of peat mix for slower release

I only use a humidifier early on. Once I’ve transplanted to fabric pots and get the blumats running, it is self sustaining for humidity. Plus as the plants get larger, more leaves, more humidity is given off. Set inkbird for max level and it’ll exhausts as required. Bing bang boom.