How do you clone?

Rockwool starter plugs. Soaked in pH 5.5 water (as per package instructions), put in a tray with a humidity dome, and no need to do anything else except remove the dome once a day or so. In a week or two, 95+% success. It’s as stupid simple as it gets.

10 Likes

I wanna try fogphonics next cloner I make. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07W98QBZP/ref=sspa_mw_detail_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 Likes

18 Likes

Ive done the fogponics thing in a 3 gallon bucket… Works pretty good! :relaxed:

8 Likes

You’ve kind of made me curious now. If I was to fill my humidifier with water feed and hormone and put it into a bucket ya reckon that’s essentially the same thing? Like it will be an ultrasonic humidifier they use for the fogger so the principal is still the same right? :thinking:

6 Likes

I cut 24 clones recently.

Cut, H20, hormone powder, clonex into a jiffy pellet.

I did some outside under sunlight and some inside under 24/0 light in a clone box with a vented hood. All of the ones outside rooted, the ones inside took way longer to root, if they did at all. I was misting 3-4 times a day.

So based on my one experience some darkness is good for clones.

8 Likes

Lol thats! How you clone!
Looks at roommate

7 Likes

No, its not quite that easy… Little more to it. Here’s a description :slight_smile:

An ultrasonic fogger is a device that uses ultrasonic sound waves to break water into millions of individual water droplets that are then sprayed into the air as a thick fog. Ultrasonic foggers are most often used for Halloween decorations as a dry ice replacement. The fog that an ultrasonic fogger produces is not created through a boiling process and does not involve heat of any kind. Because of this, the fog is cold and slightly wet but poses no threat to the user.

How does an Ultrasonic Fogger Work?

An ultrasonic fogger is a relatively small device and consists of a plastic shell, built-in AC/DC adapter, and a metallic ultrasonic transducer plate. The fogger itself is placed under one to four inches of water and a built-in sensor detects its presence and activates the ultrasonic transducer plate. The ultrasonic transducer then vibrates rapidly at ultrasonic speeds and causes water molecules to break apart into individual droplets. These droplets are instantly vaporized into the air, resulting in a thick, cold fog.

Current Applications

While ultrasonic foggers are most often used as Halloween decorations, they are also used in many other applications. For example, ultrasonic foggers are often used in aeroponics to supply gardens and greenhouses with artificial humidity and deliver nutrients to plant roots in order to speed up the growth process. They are also used in aquariums and other artificial habitats to simulate the natural mist of tropical rain forests. The elderly and people with breathing problems such as COPD, bronchitis, and emphysema can also use ultrasonic foggers to create ideal humidity levels.

Advantages and Disadvantages

For the most part, ultrasonic foggers vaporize water safely, reliably, and effectively. However, ultrasonic foggers vaporize anything that is in the water. This means that any chemicals, viruses, bacteria, or other pathogens that are in the water will be sprayed into the air with the water and the user or other people near the device can breathe it in. Because of this, it is important to keep the water tank clean at all times. Ideally, the user should also be using purified water in any ultrasonic fogger system.

Competing Technologies

While ultrasonic foggers are often categorized as an alternative fogger technology, they are currently the most widely used system for vaporizing water and nutrients due to their efficiency and ease of use. However, there are other systems available that do the same thing through other means. Atomizers, for example, draw water through a small hose and spray it out of a nozzle in a fine mist. This mist, however, is not as good as the fog that an ultrasonic fogger produces and has much larger water droplets.

7 Likes

It should be interesting to see how quickly they root. I’m trying to come up with an alternative to my normal clone routine.

I used RO water PH’d @ 6.0 with Bio Ag’s Fullpower no hormones in the mix(Using Aloe Vera). They’re in my veg room 18/6 humidity is usually 65ish temperature doesn’t drop below 72 during lights out.

I may spritz with a KNF cocktail to get some IMO action going. Recipe is FPJ, OHN, and BRV (actually used Bragg’s apple cider vinegar).

Nice to see all the comments, I’ll keep you all updated!
Oh, btw the strains are SkyLotus and White Afghani produced by Bodhi.

The pods definitely have a tendency to tip if not careful. I’ve got the plates just wanted to try without.

4 Likes

my grows were all perpetual so I would start removing lower leaves from sog as soon as the plants are dialed in and each cutting I take with clean hands, clean razor that I hold to lighter flame to be sure, one fast cut at 45 degrees, then put the stems of the fan leaves in a glass of room temp rain water.

Sea of Green you have to do this so much the cup fills fast and even if you lose 50% of clones its more than I could ever handle.

Rooting with no chems and just water takes a long time though be patient and dont change the water too often. I give them foilar spray a few times a day idk if it helps but makes it humid which they supposedly like.

5 Likes

Heh I’ll still give it a go at some point. The humidifier I have is an ultrasonic humidifier and another word for humidifier is fogger. A lot of that info you posted matches what an ultrasonic humidifier does. Think only con to using a humidifier compared to a fogger is the fogger sits in water my humidifier gets filled so if it ran out and I wasn’t here I’m guessing the cuts would die :man_shrugging:t2:

Still good info though and it’s got my interest so thanks for the read I shall do my fair share of googling on the subject :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I bought this thing from clone king…fast, easy, and fool proof.

3 Likes

Ahh those look like little Mohawk duckies swiming there! Never mind me I’m in a good vape session right now!

6 Likes

Gotta fill the duck pond up to keep them all upright or ones going to go bobbin first a fish :tropical_fish:! :laughing:

5 Likes

One thing that helped me learn was to practice on plants that aren’t weed or expensive and can be anything I have even cloned onion grass from the yard, like anything practice. Doesnt take much was even successful in small place was cold time of year and I kept the cup o clones behind the refridgerator in the dark with the warm exhaust keeping the cup water from being cold. Works for seeds too dark warm or room temp humid and water but some seeds / clones just suck or die for a reason idk what it is so just take a lot of them.

4 Likes

So when you say soaked in pH’d water, put in tray. Do you mean you remove the cubes/plugs from the soak solution and literally place them in the tray? You don’t “shake each one 2 or 3 times” first, or “squeeze until it stops dripping” first, or some other technique?

Because we fail at this worse and worse and starting to think the rw cubes, root riots, etc. are actually too dry to start with. I think they (whichever medium chosen) needs to dry out somewhat to coax roots out…but I think these coco and rw based mediums maybe should start off wetter…?

What do you think?

1 Like

Rockwool is almost impossible to overwater. It holds a lot of oxygen. In my experience, “overwatering” only occurs when there is too much flooding going on, and hence, leaving the cubes submerged more often than they should be. I don’t bother with worrying about shaking the water out or anything. Never had a problem.

I dump my cubes into a 5 gallon bucket, fill it with water, adjust pH, wait, and then I just pull them out with my hands and put them in the domed tray.

7 Likes

Hallelujah! Just needed to hear that someone else doing it this way. Will try doing it that way next time. I know, coco and rw both hold a great amount of air while “saturated”. Sorta what led me to ask this.

Thanks a lot, man.
Btw, same hush from icmag a while ago?

4 Likes

Ever since i stopped overthinking things and LITFA 100% of my clones root. In about 4 days avg.

1.Stick em in a cup of medium
2. Mist sandwich baggie with water
3. Create dome with said baggie.
4. IMPORTANT: place rubber band or equal to seal dome.
After 2 or 3 days i remove bag.
If im worried ill rub the cut in cinnamon to discourage molding.

Also i always scrape a node off and put that under medium.
During transplant ive noticed that most root shoots come from this spot.

My 2 cents.

12 Likes

Yeah the resovoire needs to be in the dark really things other than cannabis could start growing.
I use similar method with lid and net pots

3 Likes