How do you clone?

I re dip mine if I don’t see any root bumps after a week usually gets 95% of them rooted.

2 Likes

rockwool cubes

8 Likes

For coco or soil.

Rockwool…

Then into solos.

9 Likes

It’s just an idea but I’ve used super autos before may be possible to do something with them, but wouldn’t bother with small autos

2 Likes

I used to use root riots and rock wool religiously until moved here.
Basically the place is a dive, there’s so much damp everything dampens off only way is bubble cloner. Having problems there too think since temps dipped gonna put my reptile heater underneath as I’m not growing shrooms at mo

“Super” or “Small” autos?
What are those?

Always learning something new here at OG.

1 Like

Well from what I can tell is the first time I heard of autos was low rider strains.
Although the story go way further back than this.
Ruderalis is not a new thing breeders in the eighties experimented with this, as without facts and a conclusion I won’t go further on that without revision.
My experience with autos started from watching someone grow a few maybe four inch low riders to then buying an auto from sagarmatha that was supposed to grow to 0.5 metres.
This was started in spring in the woods, it was about five foot or more by September and only showing pre flower. I gave up and concentrated on the traditional crops.
A friend picked up the plant put it in his loft still wouldn’t finish.
Since then I’ve grown autos that finish around a metre that are more suited for indoor and what are called super autos.
I believe this involves using a larger ruderalis coupled with mainly large sativas although there are some large indica hybrids in there too. Check out flash seeds flowering time can be around 120 days🤔
I grew a 9 ft plant but was stolen smelled lovely bro

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m gonna do some digging and see what I can find about lowryder’s history. I’ve seen it mentioned everywhere since I got back to growing nearly a dozen years ago.
May make for pleasant nighttime reads, and pleasant dreams.

2 Likes

Personally I would not bother with lowrider.
If I wanted autos which I don’t particularly like. They grow acceptable weed but lack a quality that you find in photos.
If I wanted plants of about a metre at Finnish I would maybe try mephisto or Dutch passion.
If outdoor go flash seeds you will find plants that will grow between 1.5 metres and I think they have some strains that go 3-4 metres

1 Like

I built one when I first started. But, I had better successes starting from a Rock Cube (Or just sticking it in a Styrofoam cup with soil. Because, I grew in soil.) in a clone box with a lid.

4 Likes

Is this what I need while walking through the projects?

Sorry I couldn’t help it.

3 Likes

:clap::clap::clap: I appreciate your method more than most :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

I’m trying to do it more proper like this time… I dunno if I trust it lol

2 Likes

I didn’t have much luck with the bubble cloner. I’m not sure why it didn’t work for me. My best method is a hybrid of some techniques I learned from people here, like @beacher method.

I cut the stem at a 45 degree through a node. Then I scrape a bit around the stem. Then put in a shot glass with water and a squirt of peroxide while I prep the media.

Next I prepare a small planter with coco. I dip the cutting in rooting hormone gel and put it in a rooter cube. Then I put the cube in the coco planter and water with mild nutrients at 0.5ec.

After that it goes in a dome with a felt liner in the bottom. I forget who here recommended it, but the felt liner is awesome. Fill the dome tray until you can start to see water coming up in the felt. Cover the dome and keep high humidity. Every couple days, I squirt peroxide in the tray and fill water as needed.

6 Likes

Yeh,if u don’t want your head knocked around…lol

I use a homemade aero-cloner. Just a basic PVC manifold connected to a fountain pump in a water-right Rubbermaid Roughneck tote. Fill it with tap water and nothing else. You can change it once a week if you’d like, but I’ve let mine go a month before with little noticeable impact on the rate of rooting. I get cuts on just about anything that goes in there in 7-10 days. Consistently.

This is my old mother room. In my attic, was not ideal. Almost got the new shit ready to go in the basement this time around. Everything top-notch. I half assed a few things and got wiped out by PM, lost everything. Luckily some good friends are holding most of my favorite cuts and I’ve got plenty of seed of most everything else.

The new room I’ll utilize the same cloning method. It’s just too easy to switch up. No domes, no hardening off, no dipping in hormones, no ph, ppm… just tap water and go. My local water isn’t what I’d call great, either.

10 Likes

Use a razor, cut on an angle then dip in clones gel, then stick next to the hole on a 50piece rockwool slab that is precharged with light veg nutes. Use a dome to cover for a week or 2 strain depending if it is a woody strain I will scrape the skin with the razor before I dip into clonex

3 Likes

Nice and simple, imagine you’ve cut a clone or two in your time haha. Do you soak your rockwool in pHed water first?

Yes the rockwool is soaked in light nute solution that is in the right ph range

2 Likes

bubble cloner here, usually takes 7-10 days, just rooted 15 in 8 daysthat were taken a bit late and were deeper into flower than i would like (2 wks) so will need a little bit of revegging to get fully back into vegative growth for 10 days before going back into flower in dwc. i use some plastic pot things usually used for soil cuttings and just cut them down the side and cut the bottom out and hold the stem in and backfill with hydroton with the stems poking down at least an inch either just into or just above the bubbling water, NO NUTES OR PH OR ANY KIND OF HORMONE and put the whole cloner into a bigger box with a lid with a hole in it and a plug jn lamp with a flouro bulb poked thru the hole and bobs ya mothers brother