How do you remove odors/clean jars? for storing or curing

how do you get rid of strong odors or even clean your jars for storage and curing for your herb? just wondering since i get a lot of jars of pickles and pickled jalapenos but the odors are hard to get out especially on the lids of the jar.

3 Likes

You can buy new lids…or just soak everything in soapy water. As in overnight. You can add a bit of bleach if just soap isn’t working. Rinse well.

9 Likes

i soaked the jar and lid with baking soda+some water for an hour and it seemed to get the smell out of the jar completely but the lid still stunk, maybe i need to soak over night but damn that odor is tough to get out.

4 Likes

Ya, overnight can make a big difference. And a little bleach can kick some ass.

2 Likes

sounds like thats the move, ill try it out, thanks :green_heart:

Do you have pic of inside lids ?

1 Like

I don’t know about jars but in my experience the smell never comes out of plastic.

I’d throw them away but I’m a slash and burn kinda guy.

4 Likes

My dishwasher

5 Likes

I invested in 1/2 gallon widemouth jars 8 years ago. Add a few over the years. Never anything but weed in them. Love them. Store in a cool, dark closet.

8 Likes

This is ideal. New jars for bud. Pickle jars etc could hold onto that smell I bought new wide mouth mason jars n every once in a while I’ll rinse em all w alcohol

3 Likes

Also note that I have never cleaned my jars. I just leave the hash residue in there.

8 Likes

I use everclear to clean my quart mason jars. Swirl it around for a few minutes/days/weeks and then rinse out the jar, smells like brand new and I got free tincture.

5 Likes

I buy new Mason jars or just use/recycle jelly jars…word of advice don’t throw the carton away, you can always use it to keep the jars in the dark instead of buying those colored mason jars…its a simple solution to keep lights away from your mason jars.

14 Likes

I use 91% alcohol and shake it up a bunch, then rinse and stuff in dishwasher for a cycle. I’m still a noob so if anybody has a reason that it’s bad please yell at me lol.

5 Likes

ah dang I need to do this, never thought of it and it’s so obvious!

3 Likes

no, but ill take some right now.

no, this is the way for me also. save the same alcohol for a bunch of rounds and youll get some really killer mixed strain iso too

5 Likes

I like pickles a lot, not that much tho

2 Likes

I only use them to store weed and boil when I empty them, I’m paranoid about mould and don’t want to mix smells-flavors from one strain to another … Pirata|nullxnull

2 Likes

IMG_20221027_182118713

1 Like