How do you remove odors/clean jars? for storing or curing

Dishwasher also and 1 gallon wide mouth mason jars from uline.

1 Like

Large “pickle jars” go for about $30 a piece now. I wanted some to start some KNF ferments and freaked out when I saw the price.

Quart jars are just a lot of work and sometimes not large enough. And, you have to keep them in the cool dark to avoid staling from light and oxidation. I need more than jars this year. It was a bumper crop. :grin:

2 Likes

You could try putting the lids out in the sun. For a double hitter you could try drenching with lemon juice before putting them out to sun bake. Lids & plastic definitely hold the stink though. I’ve had some ferments go sideways and that smells is out of control terrible and extremely difficult to remove.

1 Like

im letting the lid soak overnight in soapy water as @CanuckistanPete suggested

I believe you can buy new replacement lids. you would only have to do it one time, then keep them clean as possible.

regards,

2 Likes

Why deodorize when you can have some pickle terp kush :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

true lol. i saw a pack of seeds that went for a couple thousand, it was a pickle strain of all things lmao. edit: i found it and i guess its on sale now Pickle Bud by BC Seeds | Cannabis For Those With Strange Tastes

Two or three runs in a dishwasher will get the stank out of the plastic, overnight soak, perhaps two, should do the trick too. It may still be vaguely there but after a day of weed in the jar the plastic will just absorb the smell of the weed so it’s all good. :+1:

1 Like

I saw amber 1/2 gallons for $12 on Amazon. Got plenty but amber sounds cool.

I came in here just to see you say exactly that. I’ve seen your tinted jars. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Them lids can react and decompose , that spray foam seal on inside degrades and turns to goo /gel / greasy
Must be lids that can do oil or alcohol , to store buds in , why everyone uses mason jars or similar
: )

2 Likes

I submerge lids and rings into boiled water

You can also pour boiled water into the jars. Wipe em dry with a clean towel or rag.

When the coating on the lids gets compromised, just buy a new pack of lids, they’re super cheap.

FYI, Ball lids fit on Kerr jars, and vice versa

1 Like

Even if buds not touching the lids
A ring of goo grease will be around rim of glass and takin buds in and out of jar can touch and be contaminated , bad stuff to smoke , cough cough
: )

1 Like

i found EM being very effective for odor removal

2 Likes

has this happened to you? and also i’m assuming it decomposes slowly if the jar is closed?

1 Like

Free hash baby!

2 Likes

@thecrazster
Yes first it becomes greasy , then progresses to clear goo , as foam spray goes back to original substance kind off , foam breaking back down

1 Like

Free the hash! Save the whales!

2 Likes

sounds pretty gross, definitely don’t wanna be smoking insulation foam goo lol.

Sounds like a great new strain! :crazy_face:

3 Likes