How is this bud structure achevied?

Is this a genetic thing? Lighting? PGR? I’ve had some strains that I’ve purchase that look like this and they tasted great, better than what I’ve grown myself. What’s the reason for the structure?

9 Likes

Also exceptional trimming which I am too lazy to do.

11 Likes

That bud does have a PGR look to it. :thinking:
I have seen clean buds look the same way.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I’ve seen flower like that from people overloading Terpinator as well. Or terpenez, all those “terpenoid enhancers“:rofl: aka Arsenic and Cadmium.
Edited because I forgot Cadmium

4 Likes

Getting your humidity down as low as possible in flower will force the plants to produce more trichomes. As the buds dry out while hanging and they shrink they will become compact like that but also whoever trimmed the bud is excellent at what he does. :+1:

9 Likes

Yes that is aggressively trimmed with lots of waste, as opposed to your typical “rustic” home grown trim.

8 Likes

Looks to me like a “PhotoShop thing.”
My buds, even the most heroic, don’t glow!

Jus sayin.

4 Likes

Some strains really frost up compared to others, some just have a few leaves to contend with and rock hard nugs, others will have sugar leaves throughout.

9 Likes

Looks like pgr bud. Alot of bud that looks like that has a weird orange colour to it under natural light wich is usually a give away that some form of undeclared or illegal pgrs are used.

1 Like

Probably a lot of factors went into that bud looking like it does. Genetics are obviously at play. You probably won’t end up with stuff that looks this dense with genetics that haven’t been worked hard, to some degree. Environment definitely played a factor. If the plant was unhappy, she wouldn’t be stacking so tightly. VPD, which is technically a big part of environmental control, but feels important enough to get its own listing. Again, plant happiness. Probably some organic PGR agents at play here, but I don’t see signs of bad chemical PGR application. Technically, kelp meal is an organic PGR. Coconut powder too. PGR = Plant Growth Regulator, not PGR = horrible chemical death to us all, every single time.

Just my thoughts on it. I’m no expert grower, not even close. But I have asked myself this very same question TONS of times, and these are the answers I’ve found in my quest for answers. Other minor things could be at play, but those are the biggest for sure

Editing to add: the pic looks weird like it does, like someone else said “glowing”, because it looks like it was taken in “food mode” with a phone camera. I’ve used it for bud shots and it looks like that.

5 Likes

High calyx to leaf ratio and a fair amount of indica in its genetics too I’d bet, aside from lower RH in flower and some uber tight trimming

1 Like

also Purpinator is in that class of enhancers, used to use (Terpinator $ purpinator) they Do help with production of but the arsenic in them. you can make your oun Plant Growth Regulators (stimulatiors) - it’s called Tarictional which is alfala meal, enyzmenes, humic acid and kelp - brew it for 24hr.s and does the same as Mammonth P (can get the stuff at build-a-soil which even has a podcast by them explaining how to make it. This stuff really works

3 Likes

This work is the hand of the lord, every plant is his child and perfect in design and structure. That being said, some are more perfect and structured like this wonderful specimen. Loaded full of anti-viral molecules and CCP/CDC bio-weapon protection.

1 Like

When I smoked skinned buds like that, I feel like half the buzz is gone, like no backend on it. Or like the roller coaster stopping on the way up, just before the big drop!!

1 Like

I think that’s what you get when you push calcium phosphorus and potassium at the same time instead of delaying potassium until swell.

The calyx grow into each other. Cramped calyx buds that don’t bust up well are not my style. Usually the pile is 50% dust and 50% cow patty texture when ground.

From a grower standpoint, these buds are always smaller and lighter than they should be. Which supports my theory. They simply aren’t waiting until the end of division to push expansion.

1 Like

I am too much of a newb to say PGR or not, but the pic is using a filter that blurs around the edges to make it pop. As others have said, often used for food pics. This is the cause for the glowing look.

They trimmed all the pistils off the bud :grin:

Haha, didn’t realize how old this thread was.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

f**kin SuperChunk Delicssh :metal:

1 Like

It looks like dispensary bud. They put all flowers into trimming machines that give it that close cut look. They do it to get the trichomes to make extracts and or hash. Every dispensary does it. That’s why most homegrown never looks like that. People leave the sugar leaves on to protect the bud/trichs. Then we use those sugar leaves ourselves to make RSO, etc.

Only dispensary bud will look like that unless you have a friend with an expensive trimming machine.

7 Likes