How Much CBD Should I Take?

So I often don’t sleep and sometimes CBD comes up as a possible solution but I’m skeptical.

Tried 20mg - nothing
Tried 40mg - nothing.

I’m not opposed to taking a massive dose but what do you do? How much do you take? If got pills and powders and drinks and everything CBD imaginable. Mrs Foreigner raided a local dispensary.

12 Likes

I find thc puts me to sleep better than the cbd.

4 Likes

I’m inclined to agree but I can only sleep when the effects are wearing off and the timing can be a challenge.

2 Likes

Deficiency in certain vitamins and minerals will cause sleep problems.

1 Like

We eat pretty well. Mrs Foreigner has been sneaking spinach and broccoli into my smoothies. So not too worried about being deficient.

1 Like

YEP.

CBD doesn’t seem to help me either with this.

I need a smoke some eyelid shutting dank + control breathing (wil hoff) + melatonin (3mg for now) + white noise (or a fan’s noise) + natural calm (magnesium supplement)

Other things that help include an Epsom salt bath or foot soak.

Ugh. I really feel this as even with the above I may only get 4-5 hours of unrested.

5 Likes

It’s a rough go. I’ve tried pretty much everything. Edibles work but then I need to be high for 4 hours until I come down.

Maybe I’ll try a small dose of mushrooms tonight

2 Likes

Was talking to a buddy at work today about dosage for CBD. Lower amounts won’t do much for you. I had to take anywhere from 250-500 mg to get anything out of it. And that can get expensive.

3 Likes

I’ve been really “guinea piggin” myself with titrating both THC strains and CBD strains the last couple years. This is what I have figured out. Titrating to me works the best, if I buy a concentrate and decarb it “properly” and make specific dose gummies. Myself I need lower doses of both CBD and THC strains specific for daytime and evening before bed. Too much CBD gives me that lapse in memory fog "in the moment I’m like WTF dementia? Then I remember it’s the CBD dose and I back off. I also notice that keeping my dose pinpointed and on the lower side of just what I need. I get less of the pain sensitivity when I go longer than 24 hours without a dose. I would try sticking with CBD RSO’s full spectrum and CBD extracts that need to be decarbed. Pay attention to not decarb it too much or to less. Pinpoint it. Some strains that stay in my personal pharmacy drawer.

Sour Tsunami sativa CBD RSO for morning and daytime use. 1 gram syringe makes me 150/6MG gummies
Harle Tsu 60/40 Indica dom CBD extract decarbed and made into gummies that provide 1 gram of concentrate makes 7 MG CBD and 3 MG THC
Bubba Kush 15-1 CBD to THC 1 gram makes me 75/7MG is a personal favorite for evening. I sleep like a baby on it. REM SLEEP

I also like to tailor my THC gummie strains with CBD strains by playing with 1-1, 2-1, 3-1,4-1’s Try going both ways THC to CBD and CBD to THC. Dail in your dose the same way you dail in your plants.

I’ve noticed that CBD extracts need higher temp and longer times to decarb properly. I wait until it stops bubbling and goes flat like a still pond. Straight to the freezer and into to my gummie mix that’s below 240 degrees.

6 Likes

If 200mg doesn’t do it then yer a weirdo. :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

shatter of choice 1/2 -gram makes 75/5-6 MG pot leaf gummies
decarb in oven 260* on silicone baking sheet for 25 mins I usually up temp to 270* with 20 mins left
sauce pan and small whisk
1/2 cup of water cold
2 small packets of unflavored gelatin .025 oz packets
1- 3-ounce box of flavor of choice Jello gelatin I also like to use Jolly Rancher gelatin
1 TBS lite corn syrup
1TBS vegetable glycerin
1 tsp lecithin liquid
1/4 tsp mold inhibitor “optional”
water in pan add 2 packs of unflav gel
box of flavored gelatin let bloom for 5 mins
add the rest of ingredients
smallest burner on lowest melt degree in a small saucepan
5 mins as shatter finishes in oven
just as shatter stop bubbling, “it goes still like a pond” “watch it and pull straight to the freezer 4 mins turn down heat below 240 degrees to saucepan after putting decarbed shatter straight into hot but cooling mix let melt for 30-45 secs then whisk your heart out. whisk whisk whisk whisk and when you think its stirred a lot STIR some More. pour into a condiment bottle and fill molds, put fridge 35 mins pop out of molds.into a tupperware container with lid and a dash of corn starch shake enjoy store in closed container or zip lock 'drawer ready”

This recipe fills the 3 pot leaf molds = 75 5-6 MG gummies THC/CBD based on calculations I’ve made on 1/2 grams of shatter or any extract really. Do your own math on Total cannabinoids and THC

You can put as much extract as you want into recipe just adjust by reducing say 1/2 TBS of corn syrup

https://www.amazon.com/Gummy-Silicone-Candy-Party-Novelty/dp/B07P5PQHSY/ref=sr_1_2?crid=Q0ZSLEMX7I38&keywords=pot+leaf+gummy+molds&qid=1660235316&sprefix=pot+leaf+gumm%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-2 Gummy molds pot leaf 75

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PBNM9MG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details rechargeable power whisk

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SPIJGK?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_ypp_rep_k0_1_10&amp&crid=7OFLHVFEZJ6P&amp&

sprefix=mold+inhib mold inhibitor

https://www.amazon.com/BRIGHTFROM-Condiment-Squeeze-Bottles-Squirt/dp/B09BZVF3NG/ref=sr_1_19?crid=1Q033K8M2YYEW&keywords=condiment+squeeze+bottles&qid=1660236004&s=home-garden&sprefix=condiment%2Cgarden%2C183&sr=1-19 condiment bottles make filling molds quick and easy

6 Likes

yeah my doc talked me into CBD didnt do shit i think he had stock in the company

2 Likes

Try a bunch of different CBD strains and make your own dose of specific strains. A Lot of CBD bullshit out there. :peace_symbol: I also find it works better for me when combined with specific THC strains and doses.

1 Like

Agreed. I have 2 one-hitters on me at all times. One with THC flower, the other with CBD flower. I make the 1:1 ratio in my lungs :rofl:

4 Likes

Yep its about finding your strains and dose

Everyone’s body and chronic issues are different. It’s just a matter of dialing in strain specific CBD and titrating that with a specific THC strain. Look at it like you try different nutrients combos and strengths to dial in your plants. If you’re trying to dial it in with drops of tincture or RSO on your finger. It’s my experience that dialing it in is difficult not impossible but difficult. Titration of specific CBD strains for “your body” and full spectrum “plant material” RSO’s/Extracts CBD is key in my opinion.

2 Likes

how much caffeine are you using?
how much screen time/blue light?
how much exercise are you getting?
how often are you lifting (heavy) weights?
how is your sleep hygiene?
are you stressed out?

have you tried CBN?

3 Likes

I go through this laundry list once in awhile and it just doesn’t work.

I agree with screen time though. If I wake up there’s a chance I’ll go back to sleep but if I pick up my phone it’s over.

I have some cbn heavy hash that helps but I don’t like to get high before bed either.

2 Likes

Greetings @Foreigner,

If you haven’t already, take a look at @JustSumTomatoes’ Orange Grove strain. My recent OG grow bombed with all male plants, but the OG x GG4 RIL from @Floyd is like knock out drops for me. I don’t usually nap in the afternoon, but a few hits of that puts me out for hours.
-Grouchy

4 Likes

You need to remember that to get the best affects from CBD you need to use it before any THC as THC will also bind to CBD receptors filling them up, while CBD mostly only binds to CBD receptors.

2 Likes