How Much Weed Sells in a Month? A Lot!

Wanna know how much, say Michigan sold n a month and taxes made? Recreational vs Medical? You might be surprised. Or not.

9 Likes

Damn an average of 86$ per once. That’s barely the price here just for 0.3oz of a decent weed lol

5 Likes

347,733 pounds sold in the month of February :eyes:

6 Likes

Michigan would like give a special thanks to prohibition land Ohio, it wouldn’t have been possible without ya!

10 Likes

$7.12 a gram here in MA for legal weed…

3 Likes

I just got an email today from a company here in the Mitten State. $15OZ shake, $25OZ smalls, $40OZ buds, vape carts 18 for $100, and $30gram concentrates.
I remember when “recreational” 1st hit, and it was $200-$300 OZ, vape carts $50 per, and concentrates $50-$80 gram.
#’s on the “Black Market” are going for $400 for outdoor and you MIGHT get $600 a # for good indoor.
Prices here have hit the basement. I personally don’t care. I Don’t hit any shops, have my own, that’s grown in the swamp. I know what’s been put into it, & how it was grown.
It’s just nice to be able to grow out in the open without fear from the :eye: in the sky or the DTF busting down your doors.

12 Likes

Ya, my area in az but really needles California is in the basement too, “home of the $5 8ths and $25oz” taxes included

2 Likes

Don’t forget Indiana which probably buys more, I have fam that probably boost the numbers substantially 🫣

2 Likes

You guys might wanna check the Monthly Report from the Cannabis Commission

This may be the Michigan link, but I’m sure every state can be found…

The crazy thing is, it was mostly smoked by one Overgrow member. :fist:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Can’t forget the Hoosiers either! I’m sure Wisconsin makes it out too. Pretty amazing, it’s almost like weed is winning the war on weed and no one in office can admit it yet. Once you create a cash cow it’s hard to kill it, even if it just makes sense to.

4 Likes

Right? 200 million in taxes on a month? 2.4 Billion a year?

1 Like

should not be taxed at all. but if it must be, should not be any different than beer, wine, or items of that nature.

regards,

1 Like

Y’all forgetting one big player: IL peeps trying to escape the ridiculous tax rates on cannabis there.

That said, none of those MI figures include any of my hard earned money thanks to the 12 plants the MI state constitution says I can have. Coincidentally I don’t count higher than 10 since I exclusively use my fingers and don’t like taking my shoes off when I count.

5 Likes

Pro-tip, you can count to 12 on one hand just like they did in ancient Babylon :wink:

13 Likes

That’s cool I didn’t know that.

3 Likes

Hush you. :rofl:

1 Like

You just froze me. I just took a big toke on an unlighted blunt.
Adopted for life :exploding_head:

You can hardly even get rid of actual high quality indoor in MI. I can’t beat $50 ounces. Not even worth trimming it. And while mine was better than what the dispo had, most people quite frankly don’t give a damn if the buds are small, dry, and kinda raggedy looking if the price is right and the mylar it comes in is pretty.

Still, better than it being illegal.

3 Likes

It amazes me that people are dumping $50 oz’s, and also people are paying $30-40 1/8s at the Ripspensary, because they like the name, and the packaging, and because of claims of 28% THC. sheesh,