How my liberty started (again)

Hi OveryBody, a little update for little plants

So this one is still hesitating

So I covered it to help a bit :slight_smile:

And this one chose to live

And the first lady will soon give a cut to root and go to flo to know her gender

On the second picture, you can see it’s going thrice on top, it’s because I kept pinching the top at her first weeks, to boost side branching, and I overdid it a bit xD so she grew big leaves at the top before the shoots and got recently back to power the shoots :slight_smile:

The bad new is someone told me the metadata of my pictures are easy to see, with my device’s name and GPS coordinates, and all included, so I’ll have to postpone this growth (and my liberty :frowning: ) I know I’m paranoid but I also know government’s cyber workers are exactly after this kind of data, so I’m not sure yet, but i might have to go guerilla growing instead of home growing, and this time, i would get a real photographic device and hide a proxy in a McDonalds instead of using my stupidphone -_-

Edit : for now I’ll keep the mother in veg (if it’s a mother) and do clones to plant in the surroundings maybe

Edit 2:
Why are you looking at me that way ?!

2 Likes

Anything is better than nothing, i like your enthusiasm and drive @YOLO.T it looks like you are in great hands here with these guys and have received some great advice. I too plan on running octopots one day as it just makes sense. Keep going my friend it’s only up from here. :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Yeah, it can only get better now :rofl: I think I’ll make one with a tote bag over a black box I have, just need to find the right cover and pierce it, and then get the adequate substrate.
Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Btw absolutely gorgeous Rottweiler @YOLO.T

1 Like

Thanks a lot, my wife (and I, but mostly her) educated her at the best, she never barks, never bite, doesn’t chew what she’s not supposed to, she’s absolutely nice and loves hugs :hugs: it’s our pride :smiley:

2 Likes

News from the garden !

Let’s begin with cute strawberries, I really like their pink flowers, assorted with the chicken ^^

Here the old fashioned tomatoes, ready to go outside in plain soil and green zebra tomatoes sprouted nice

And cherry tomatoes near to be ready

Then, in respective order : mint, raspberry, sweet potatoes, unknown (forgotten), basil, and parsley

The potatoes bucket going well, I won’t cover more, they need to do photosynthesis now

We made a new space for zucchini and pickles

Here is where tomatoes will be planted, so we can hang some strings to hold them

Another new space for some tomatoes, garlic, and 2 unknowns (given by my wife’s mother)

That’s it for today, and I’m still looking to make a dwc pot, the cave will be free for me to use after the visit from my wife’s family, coming at home on 22/07 so I’ll make a flower “tent” and a grow room, if everything goes well.

Cultivation is still illegal in my country, and to be sure I won’t be busted, I’d like anyone having good IT skills to try to find my location, and if nobody succeed, I’ll be fine and worry much less xD if someone succeeds, I’d be warned, and would go guerilla growing instead of indoors :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just received these (one of each variety, mostly indica, as I was planning to go indoors, and have potent weed, to replace the hash i’m actually buying, or make my own hash :slight_smile: )

And asked that if they wanted to put a gift, please no stickers, but seeds instead, and that’s exactly what they did

Any info or advice about this cross is most welcome :hugs:

Edit: back side of zapp card

1 Like

Hello again, I pruned the oldest one, to tie it a bit more, as you can see here

Here we can see a sap droplet ^^
Anyone have seen this before (the three way node) ?
Probably because I pinched it too hard (oops :grimacing:)

The little one still fighting for its life (I’m with you !)

And the mascot, as always ^^
On the first one, she’s listening to my wife cooking in the kitchen, she loves that song xD

Next update when I know what seed(s) to pop first ^^ take care of you, all of you :wink:

3 Likes

I’m still looking for informations about this Zapp, and it’s not on seed finder, so I checked the parents for this cross (gelato 41 X Z cube) and they seem nice, but I also can’t find info on spitfire genetics :confused: anyone tried it before ? Any info on breeder ? I think about popping them (not before 22 July, madam’s family will give us a visit, and then I’ll make 2 rooms in the cave

i think youll probably find some zkittles leaners (tasting like fruity candy) in those seeds, never worked with it but in most of the crosses ive tried the flavor has carried through.

the little bud seedlings look like they’re getting too much water, at that stage you want to be watering in a circle around the seedling as to not drown it, some people use a spray bottle to mist but thats a chore to keep up with.
maybe soil is on the acidic side as well? your raspberry looks better than mine, soil wont go under 6 in my garden which is great for everything but the berries.

i like the use of the rocks like that around the garden, not something we see in america much.

3 Likes

Nice to meet you, @shade, and thanks for your answers :slight_smile:
Here we are in Normandy, and shores are full of these stones, we don’t have much sand here, and I found these sleeping in the garden, in a pile so I used it ^^
(Google pic)
pt91686.1300506.w430

For soil deepness I don’t really know, I haven’t dug this far xD but water is not far, since we have a river down the road, and the cave’s floor is always wet (not good for the house, but good for the garden).
I’ll water them a bit less, the tiniest died, I confess I watered too much, I was afraid the fan could dry the soil too fast, thanks a lot for this one :slight_smile:

And I really hope to get a good taste, so I’ll sow the 4 gifted seeds and 2 others, maybe Brain Choice and Mind Bender, so I’ll get good taste and good stone :smiley:

3 Likes

The stones I told you about, I have not much left, but maybe I’ll take some next time I go to the beach (Tuesday probably), I guess you can buy some at some construction shops :wink:

I planted the tomatoes, there is a big layer of cuttings from 2 apple trees, and a cherry tree, and a big layer of soil, with much ashes and some clay in it, so fertilization won’t be a problem for 4-5 years, it’s composting underground :wink:

And I found my oldie EC meter (not accurate at all, but tells me when soil is too poor, or too rich at least):

Parsley got itself some decent wear :stuck_out_tongue:

And Daikon raddishes seed run is still running, hope it works for next year :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ve also dug out of my stuff some Coco substrate, to try the dwc DIY pot, soon to come

Edit: the raspberry is still in a pot, not in soil yet

3 Likes

it looks like you get a pretty steady 7-9 days of rain/month year round there? growing outdoors i would definitely be leaning towards strains that can tolerate rain (resistant to powdery mildew, mold, rot) especially during flower (aug/sep/oct).

it seems like humidity could be an issue indoors as well? there is someone here who did some pretty amazing stuff in a real damp basement, ill try to find their journal, but it definitely involved a dehumidifier and probably an air purifier.

for security: not showing your face and the street view of your house are some obvious ones youve got down. here in the usa real estate agents plaster pictures of every part of homes on zillow, redfin, etc and (not that ive seen evidence of it happening with grows) that is generally how someone would be located. i dont think thats an issue for you though.

1 Like

You reassured me very much on security :pray:
So it will be the basement I guess ^^
Yes we have much humidity, but it’s less and less, with climate change, and yes, I think I’ll need something to dry the cave, I even thought about an air intake to avoid taking the air from the cave itself, it’s dirt floor, and it’s always wet, you couldn’t put a wood furniture on the floor without it being eaten by mycelium, there was a big log, and totally eaten, even the house is suffering, we have holes in the roofing and it sometimes rain in the attic -_-
So, yes an inline dehumidifier with the intake could be just perfect, I can’t really dry the basement itself, as water is coming from underground, I thought about digging the floor to make a decent one in concrete, but much work ahead of me ^^
Or … The attic, but I would be really hot on sunny days :confused:
Still brainstorming ^^

1 Like

i did a grow in a moist basement years ago. didn’t monitor humidity at all though, ended up doing great. that was back on the original og. dwc setup with 400w hps.
thread here, but it doesn’t show much of the basement. i can post some pics of that wetland when i return home.

2 Likes

Good to know @sfzombie13, I think a wet basement is not worse than a burning attic and in every case, best way to fail is not trying ^^
I’ll check your thread right after this reply, and adapt the cave around 23/07 (I know I would be late for outdoor, but if all goes well it will be indoor)

Extra info: I will never sell my buds, eventually give some but no contreparties, I’m no dealer or whatever, just bored of buying hash and giving money to the wrong persons, and now living in Normandy I know nobody and I’m not in a big town, that’s why I talk about liberty :sunny:
Have a good night (midnight in France :wink: )

2 Likes

I was reading the family’s thread, and though, I could do a zapp seed run, if anyone is interested, I’d be happy to share the taste, even if I don’t know it yet xD I could send seeds to one reliable member, which could Include them in the seasonal seed box giveaways ?
Edit : or I taste them and send the best cut ?

Low Profile xD
Soon to let it stretch and flower, maybe 2 weeks before 12/12, time for me to build the flower tent in the cave and to take a cut before

Edit: and finish my octopot design :stuck_out_tongue:

It was seven days since last update, because I wanted to have something to show xD I now have it :wink:

Let’s begin with what we all are here for : Sharing the love :kissing_heart:

Ok now I can update :slight_smile:
High stress training (yoga on a sunny day!)

And I have a question for you (yeah you, all of you) could it be possible to tell the gender from these pictures? It’s already smelly and sticky, so I tend to think it’s a male

Then I made my own octopot, with a fabric tote bag, an old tool case and a net pot, total cost 0€ because I had these lying around already :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t like throwing things able to be reused or hacked into other things ^^

So I took best friends with me and started the job

Yes tools are my friends, they help me a lot, and I take care of them :smiley:

So let’s do it, I broke some old clay tiles into bits, hammering them in another tote bag, and sorting to get the little bits appart from big chunks, and removing dust

As I’m writing, Moxxi (named after Mad Moxxi in Borderlands 2 or 3, not sure, my wife chose) is lying under my chair xD

I made holes in the “net” pot

And 2 holes in the tool case

One is for the pot, and the other one is for measurement and water filling (I will water it with aquarium water, I think it’s the best natural way) and compensate the aquarium with rain water

Ok, so next to cut the fiber tote bag (amnesty international) and fit everything in place

Here it is !! First the tiny clay bits in the net pot, then the big ones as a bed in the pot, then a good load of Coco substrate, and finally some commercial soil, to get some starting nutrients to the future plant, I can’t seem to find any growshop around my place (I know there’s online delivery, but I don’t like much the idea of not being able to go get it myself, if no internet access or anything else, I was not to happy to order my seeds, but whatever, I needed them xD), so I can either try with non cannabis specific hydro (complete) fertilizer or I can continue with my aquarium but it’s not big enough I my humble opinion (35L)

I’m open to suggestions :slight_smile: and if anyone makes a diy Octopot design, feel free to post a picture here, any idea can be useful, to me or any other one not willing to put 60€ in a plastic case and a bag xD that’s exactly why I’ve put all pictures, to let people try themselves the cheap way, even if you can also “throw money at the problem”, it’s not my kind ^^

Thanks for reading, and have an exponentially great day :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Oh and I didn’t full the bag all the way to be able to add some substrate to cover the stem when its grown enough, and I still don’t have a flower or growing room, I’m with a tiny mother’s closet done fast actually so I’ll plant it later