How NOT to use a washer in an envelope

Except it doesn’t always work and gets sent through the machines anyway. Postal workers make mistakes with the volume they process.

For the cost of a washer/coin flip or other cheap and effective solution, it’s cheaper to go through a roller in the long run, for me anyway.

4 Likes

Of course mistakes can happen. Sent this way still gives you great odds they will arrive without being broken. I have yet to heat anyone complain about any seeds I have sent.
Another plus this way, is once you figure your costs, you can put enough postage at home and write non machine sort on the letter and put it in your mailbox, instead of going to the post office.

2 Likes

Carrier pigeon is the new way to go, atleast that’s what been working seems faster than any post system. FTPS

2 Likes

I don’t think you can send seeds using the FTPS protocol.

2 Likes

Eff the postal system

1 Like

By the way where’d all my pips go wtf

4 Likes

When I ship to the US I expect it to take 3 weeks. If it’s faster it’s a pleasant surprise.

4 Likes

I’d say message in a bottle, as birds get tired and lazy like postal workers too, but we have enough oceanic pollution.

1 Like

I agree. With that for sure

I just noticed i lost a bunch too lol. Those pips man!!!

1 Like

I made the O.P.'s mistake when packaging my very first seeds. I immediately noticed without bracing the front and back of the washer, the seeds fell out just like that

I was about to send a set of packs like “this” and once i put it in tbe envelope, the contents shifted and would’ve easily been roller-crushed. I had to fix it by taping them in place like so:

Ideally, use a hearty piece of cardboard to reduce squishing

6 Likes

Way too much overtinking people, simple and easy way to ship when using washers, I just took these pictures just now…no special packaging…you gotta work smarter not harder…

Then just pop it in an envelope, case closed.

10 Likes

Birds aren’t even real.

9 Likes

I thought I saw one once but it was just a piece of newspaper blowing in the wind.

3 Likes

Sounds like high art https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tcW-CER03NU

2 Likes

100% success rate

22 Likes

I have never traded I don’t have any to trade but this is very good information I will keep in mind I never knew any of this

5 Likes

My write-up was already worth it then. A few cents to mail seeds is all that is needed. My first trade decades ago was received in a paper towel inside an envelope. And scattered throughout history all sorts of ways to try to be clever that didn’t consider the entire envelope will be crushed. Been trying to educate people ever since, even though there is a ton of info out there already.

2 Likes

I also often put little stickers on the envelope so it looks like a kid is sending it.

11 Likes

Kinda weird

3 Likes