How Often do you clean your bong?

me too :slight_smile:

never thought of using it to clean glass pipes

great tip :wink:

Dequilo

5 Likes

Once per week usually. Used to be twice a week. I have multiple sliders and down stems, so I normally keep a alcohol bath with some of those in there. I clean them a day or so before I plan on cleaning the bong. That way they dry completely before being used, keeps them from getting resined up as quick.

3 Likes

I clean the bowl of my chillum after almost every time smoking but its usually just wiping out with a chunk of paper towel, as for bong wise when I used one more often it was not as often as I should have (sometimes months) aside from water changes. But usually I use isopropyl alcohol and sea salt seems to work pretty well aside from sometimes taste lingers. Have yet to clean out my rig though.

2 Likes

I use denatured alcohol for my cleaning maybe once a week I don’t smoke out of glass much anymore the Dynavap is extremely easily to clean couple qtips dipped in alcohol and 2 minutes or less it’s getting heated again

2 Likes

Give denatured alcohol a try little cheaper the everclear then rinse the piss out of it!

1 Like

I’m tempted to pick up a Dynavap myself; never used Ti or SS for dabs, haven’t “trusted” anything but glass. Torn a bit between the Dynavap and an electric straw/ cartridge thing. Dynavap - very expensive to lose not need a torch (my main goal) but does give the option for flower. This other guy, you can replace the battery and straw separately, so when the ceramic tip gets gnarly you toss it… see? I tied it into the topic there eventually. So piggyback question; everyone’s feelings on Ti/SS? Im not sure why, just seems glass is “cleaner”.

3 Likes

Great success! Now she must make a cake!

14 Likes

This has me laughing :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Everytime i begin to fire up

4 Likes

What @lefthandseeds said, get an ultrasonic cleaner. Makes cleaning the smaller stuff so easy. Next pro tip is to boil your isopropyl in the microwave. Only takes like 30 seconds. Boiling alcohol just rips through the nastiest stuff in no time flat. Don’t even use salt anymore. I used to be afraid of exploding myself but after several years there has been no boom.

4 Likes

I think their awesome you could potentially run it over with a car and not damage it ,I burn an alcohol lamp with mine could take it on remote gatherings if I wanted, or a torch for camping for several days and not worry about battery life or having to find a power supply. I like the fact that accessories Can be used to go through a Water bong .

I was looking at the sticky bricks as well cool concept glad I went with the dynavap

3 Likes

change the water once or twice every day, at least. clean entire setup with soap and water every couple of days, at least! if I am lucky, to get away with it on that short a schedule.

regards,

3 Likes

It really depends on the situation… but if it’s good glass, dump and rinse after each us. Iso+SeaSalt every week or two. (Doesn’t always happen lol.)

5 Likes

Before I pack a bowl I rinse / flush my bong with extremely hot water and clean the bowl with hot water, salt and q-tips. I want to get a nice clean flavorful hit every time.

Wash with unscented dish soap once a day. With high quality glass, this keeps it pretty dang clean.

Before covid I cleaned everything with iso alcohol and salt twice a week, now that there are constant shortages where I live, I clean with alcohol once a week, maybe a little less frequently.

Fortunately rinsing with extremely hot water and regular unscented dish soap cleanings keeps them clean enough.

6 Likes

I change the water ever time but I rarely clean them :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@TheShowMeHomie. If I ever visit, can we just smoke a joint?! :thinking::joy::nauseated_face:

5 Likes

That’s what the homie prefers the bongs are more the woman’s speed

Edit @Joker I’m pretty sure you’ve seen me use a dirty bong before lol

2 Likes

Every week or two with rubbing alcohol and salt.

4 Likes

Back in the day, I smoked bricked weed out of a nice two foot pyrex bong. Had that bong for damn near 10 years and I don’t ever remember cleaning it. Of course back then I was so broke and weed would get scarce. We would finally clean out the bong and catch the solids in a strainer, rinse them, dry them, and smoke them. :nauseated_face: We called it bong guano, man I don’t miss those day, but I do miss the bong. The (now ex) wife made me throw it out.

11 Likes

Ohhh, that is weird…. I like you!! :star_struck: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes