How safe is humidifier in this 4x4 tent?

It would raise it, but I can’t say by how much. How much depends on how much air you’re moving through the tent, the temp, how you have it set up etc. Dont expect a crazy change, but it’ll raise it a bit. I try to hang them so they are as open as possible, with the very end sitting in a tray of water. Make sure you don’t hang it where it can get other things wet!

But like everyone else said, water and electricity don’t mix well, so make sure everything is tidy and secure before you start messing with open trays of water and stuff.

Also I try to keep my thermometer closer to canopy level, rather than on the floor.

Edited for clarity.

2 Likes

Greetings @gonzo,

Some good humidifier ideas here:

I use a warm steam humidifier by Optimus. My plants love the moist warm air in the winter. It has a manual On/Off, so it “remembers” the setting. It also has a pretty accurate Humidistat so you can set the RH target.

Cheers,
-Grouchy

1 Like

Merry Christmas and good luck.

1 Like

When getting advice, you need to keep in mind your environment. I personally have to run a humidifier while others are running Dehumidifiers. When the furnace is running and while the air is on, I need one. There are only a couple weeks twice a year when I turn it off.

I have personally gone pack to mechanical one as the LEDs seem to crock one me. With a little tweaking, I can get it to the right RH.

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m definitely looking for a mechanical switch model. I’m guessing a evap/warm mist will be cheaper to run over time v.s. ultrasonic due to the distilled water cost. Unless I invested in an R.O. system but those are also expensive.

How long do those mineral filters last though I wonder? I see replacement filter costs of $12 - $20. They get ya one way or another! Lol

Good old school method is a bucket of perlite and just wet the perlite as needed, it’s very porous and usually u can actually hear it popping and dissapating the water into the air

3 Likes

My humidifier is a glorified fan running through a sponge with a reservoir.

I control it with an inkbird

1 Like

Yea I’d say you could use a bucket with soaked perlite, and a very small fan blowing over the perlite.

A bucket of water with an air pump and airstones

Or just a wet towel w a bucket. Just leave a corner of the towel in the water, and something to prop the rest of the towel up out of the water and it’ll wick it up.

1 Like

Inkbird make a small (3L) humidifier with a hose on the mist outlet so it can be used outside the tent.

1 Like