How to Deter Rippers

And the person who gave you said advice
If you injure or kill the suspect all involved go down/

3 Likes

I always liked the idea of a note: “you are on camera and if you steal my weed I’m going to come looking for you where you live.”

8 Likes

I always wanted to dig Tiger pits with no pointed sticks in the bottom
Find em in the morning calling for help to get out
I finally know where to dispose of the sewer waste from the RV camper.

7 Likes

Are you in the city or country? If the country you should be fine I’d think I grew 4 last year no issues and they were even visible from the road. The city Is a different story but really I guess it depends what your yard is like how far from road is it wide open? Stuff like that this year I’m in the city and didn’t put any out I am indoor instead but I have a idea for a few… describe the yard be way easier for suggestions

3 Likes

Do what I do: grow such shitty outdoor plants noone will steal them lol. I’m waiting for the day a ripper gives me a damn plant

15 Likes

Really? Even if it’s on your own property? I know it will skyrocket your homeowners insurance :rofl:

6 Likes

Even if you can manage to stay out of jail the person or their family can sue you. Good ol ‘mericuh

6 Likes

Guerrilla style deterrents are generally something like ft deep holes, ropes (not fishing line cause that’s horrible) at waist and head height spread tight, Brambles and bells and if you hide a light 50 - 100m away that can be seen from there and triggered from a sensor that freaks so out good but as a few said, out plant the assholes for every 1 you want you plant in 4 other locations.

5 Likes

Audible alarm.
2017 outdoor I used a few of these devices rigged with trip-wire around my backyards perimeter and gate.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=personal+alarm&sprefix=personal+a&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_10

2 Likes

I like the fence idea. Shock the piss out of someone trying to get to your plants. It’s not enough to actually hurt someone, but it will help get the point across. Bonus points if you run electrified barb wire.

The hill growers down south caught rattlesnakes. They cut their buttons off and tied them up around their sites. I thought that was alot more creative than the rat trap/ shotgun shell traps.

3 Likes

even the old Aztecs(or Mayas?) used to do so:
one seed for the Birds,
one seed for the Gods
and 1seed to raise the Corn

:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Get a license and do it legally. Then when they rip your plants know one has to be threatened. The cops get to do their job. And if you can identify the ripper even more evidence for police to find the guy.
What’s worse it could be kids. When I was 15 i jacked about 10 lbs. I went to jail after getting busted with one of the pounds. Parents found the rest once the cops notified them. They guys step son told me right where to find the weed. Inside job. I never stolen since. Maybe made some shady transactions but nothing underhanded like ripping people off. Karma is not always instant.

5 Likes

sure would if I could

3 Likes

If you can’t do it legally then it really doesnt matter how you stop rippers in my mind.
Actually occupying the land via tent like some folks I used to know was the only sure fire way of stopping rippers. But your also on location when the choppers find your half a years work. Either way it’s dangerous to someone. Might as well make it dangerous to the rippers…

4 Likes

Going to the range is good preparation. :wink:

2 Likes

Omg my gut hurts! Thanks @Grease_Monkey for the early morning chuckles! ROFLMAO!

3 Likes

How about one of those exploding paint pockets that one the stick in money bags! Lol paint that fucker purple for weeks !

7 Likes

Many indiana jones scenes come to mind…

4 Likes

I forgot about this subject and since then I have talked to the state police around here.
Basically if I can catch someone stealing and thieving from me. I have every right around here to shoot them in there fucking face. And that’s what I’ll do…

6 Likes

Personally, I would try to avoid that, due to the mental health complications that would come with it, but thank God to have the option without legal ramifications. Some places they want to string you up for defending your property.

4 Likes