How to Deter Rippers

I’m thinking for next year I’m going to set up a “grow” on public land, semi obvious do that my plants get stolen…

A buddy gave me a handful of industrial hemp seeds lol those poor assholes will spend all summer growing rope

4 Likes

Well, I would hope you would just shoot them in the kneecap. As far as I know, theft has never been a capital offense.

4 Likes

I no longer grow outside for a bunch of reasons but fences lights cameras all great ideas I always would plant a “decoy” crop for the rippers the cops whatever and my dogs they were the best defense/alarm/deterent ever I watched my pit Iko hit a dude in the chest like an 85 pound missle and roll his ass one night good times too old for all that best of luck

3 Likes

That’s fucking awesome dude

I wish I could send you enough cholla cactus to surround your area. Them shits is nasty. Maybe you get Naked & Afraid with it and build a boma. Maybe use something spiny or otherwise deterrent that people won’t want to mess with. Then you can naturally limit the access points and reinforce those with the tech?

1 Like

Man! Fucking bomos may keep hyenas out but a thieving human? Shit I don’t know about that

1 Like

Better build a boma with plastic glass…

You have a right to protect your property and put up some reasonable defenses. As upsetting as it is to imagine, let’s be logical and methodical about it. People are startled by loud noises and bright lights. Some cheap solar powered motion detector spotlights in the right place and a motion detector siren could cover a decent sized area. https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Security-Flashing-Adjustable-Apartment/dp/B07Q37QC1L/ref=asc_df_B07Q37QC1L/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=343187906542&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5482359556164536135&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030174&hvtargid=pla-734784524812&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=69721953755&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=343187906542&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5482359556164536135&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030174&hvtargid=pla-734784524812
No one needs to get shot unless it’s unavoidable. You might could run a conduit out there to power a really strong spotlight as well.

3 Likes

and said I am growing Pot and what if …

here if you are committing a crime and shoot someone committing it is a crime

hopefully they do not wear Kevlar and shoot back

the best of luck my friend and be safe

Dequilo

5 Likes

Only way I know is to go somewhere so remote and hostile that only we nutjob diehard outdoor growers are crazy enough to go there. Security by obscurity.

6 Likes

That’s probably the difference between a medical state and prohibition state. I hope you will gain some rights one of these days too my friend. It sucks not having any.

2 Likes

Add a bit of mercaptin for good measure; purple and skunky

1 Like

The two best deterrents back when i grew outdoor that wasn’t legal were go as far from anything as you possibly can and then keep going and keep it on a very strictly needs to know basis. I don’t care if you are related to them , fucking them , or the best of friends for ever . If they do not need to know about those plants growing in order for those plants to grow , then make sure they do not know anything whatsoever about you growing.
Most rippers with even a fraction of a brain know most grows of any size needs water close by and lots of it. There are many places all you need to do is follow a brook and you will find plants. The best way to avoid that is to dig a well.

Lights and fencing are both bad ideas if you are illegal and both will help people find those plants.
As for the violence I would suggest making sure you are willing to use them as fertilizer before even thinking about that route or it will be you left laying on the ground or in jail.

5 Likes

always told my kids your best friend has a best friend and it may not be you

be safe

Dequilo

12 Likes

Most every state except texas you can’t use deadly force to protect property. Even then most that say shoot them have never pulled the trigger on a human before and watched the life leave their body.

4 Likes

some of the best advice I’ve heard in a while

2 Likes

I am not in Texas…and sure as hell killed a guy over the summer on my property at 3am. Do not come onto my gated property at 3am all fucked up on meth, making threats. I will shoot you. Period, end of story. And I have every legal and moral right to do so.

8 Likes

I hope and pray never to have to make that decision, but I keep my options open. People are nuts and screwed up.

5 Likes

I’m totally late to this party, but I recommend motion activated sprinklers. They use them for skunks. If you employ enough standoff distance from the plants, you can make a perimeter of waterworks around them. Combine with a motion activated flood light or something more aggressive and that’s about as good as you can get without legal liability, I reckon.

4 Likes

boards with a bunch of nail pointed up or screws will take more meat…

6 Likes